[pcgen] [BUG] 5.9.6 Psions

  • bebberd@att.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 16, 2006
      Upon loading my Psion Character I get a popup on my screen:

      "Warning: could not find spell <name of power> in PCClass Psion"

      I get a popup for each power the Psion knows, however all the poweres are still listed in the spell tab.
      I have notices this behavion in the last stable as well.

      Is this a known issue?

      WinXP
      Java 1.50_6
    • taluroniscandar
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 16, 2006
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, bebberd@... wrote:

        > Upon loading my Psion Character I get a popup on my screen:
        >
        > "Warning: could not find spell <name of power> in PCClass Psion"
        >
        > I get a popup for each power the Psion knows, however all the
        poweres are still listed in the spell tab.
        > I have notices this behavion in the last stable as well.
        >
        > Is this a known issue?

        This is not restricted to Psions or 5.9.6.

        I had this happen to me in 5.9.5 with a cleric that was created in a
        previous edition (5.8 or 5.7).
      • bebberd@att.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 16, 2006
          > This is not restricted to Psions or 5.9.6.
          >
          > I had this happen to me in 5.9.5 with a cleric that was created in a
          > previous edition (5.8 or 5.7).

          So is this an issue only regarding old characters created in previous editions?
        • taluroniscandar
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 17, 2006
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, bebberd@... wrote:

            > > This is not restricted to Psions or 5.9.6.
            > >
            > > I had this happen to me in 5.9.5 with a cleric that was created in a
            > > previous edition (5.8 or 5.7).
            > >

            > So is this an issue only regarding old characters created in
            previous editions?

            I don't know if the OP's psion was created in an older edition. He
            didn't say did he?
          • David M. Bebber
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 21, 2006
              On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 08:24:08 -0600, taluroniscandar <mhgj@...>
              wrote:

              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, bebberd@... wrote:
              >>
              >> > This is not restricted to Psions or 5.9.6.
              >> >
              >> > I had this happen to me in 5.9.5 with a cleric that was created in a
              >> > previous edition (5.8 or 5.7).
              >> >

              >> So is this an issue only regarding old characters created in
              > previous editions?
              >>

              > I don't know if the OP's psion was created in an older edition. He
              > didn't say did he?

              I confirmed this is an issue with a fresh Psion build, not just existing
              characters...
              To replicate: build a Psion select your Powers, save, close, and reload

              "Warning: could not find spell <name of power> in PCClass Psion"
            • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 22, 2006
                > I confirmed this is an issue with a fresh Psion build, not just existing
                > characters...
                > To replicate: build a Psion select your Powers, save, close, and reload
                >
                > "Warning: could not find spell <name of power> in PCClass Psion"

                Sounds like the SPELLLIST tag isn't getting processed until after the spells for the character are. Once that part of the class is processed, all the specialty spells are then recognized as class spells for the PC.

                Tir Gwaith
                LST Chimp
              • taluroniscandar
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 1, 2006
                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, thoron-tir-gwaith@... wrote:

                  > > I confirmed this is an issue with a fresh Psion build, not just
                  existing
                  > > characters...
                  > > To replicate: build a Psion select your Powers, save, close, and
                  reload

                  > > "Warning: could not find spell <name of power> in PCClass Psion"
                  >
                  > Sounds like the SPELLLIST tag isn't getting processed until after
                  the spells for the character are. Once that part of the class is
                  processed, all the specialty spells are then recognized as class
                  spells for the PC.

                  Tir's correct.

                  If the character in question has a selected (Known) discipline power
                  (a subclass in pcgen) then the error pops up at load time. But after
                  load the Spells tab has it correctly.
                • karianna03
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 4, 2006
                    Trackered, Roadmapped and assigned to James D ;p - K