Re: [pcgen][OS][FREQ] Oddball Page Sizes in fantasy_master_std.xslt

  • Frugal
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 11, 2006
      On Saturday 11 March 2006 04:24, John Kono wrote:
      > On Mar 10, 2006, at 05:55, Brass Tilde wrote:
      > >> Would it be possible to include an alternate set for those of us who
      > >> don't live in ISO 216 countries?
      > >
      > > There have been a number of posts asking for this to be ported to U.S.
      > > letter size, but it's apparently not simple to do it in a manner that
      > > makes it configurable.
      >
      > Well I'm no XML/XSL guru, but it seems to me that, assuming the
      > PAPERINFO.* values get set correctly in the code, then the hooks are
      > already in base.xml and it should simply be a matter of modifying (for
      > example) lines 41 and 45 of fantasy_master_std.xslt. Or am I missing
      > something?

      And the sizes of every single block in the sheet. Unlike html, XSL-FO does not
      resize things to fit the available space very well (especially not with Fop),
      so every table has been defined as a set number of mm across.

      As to why the sheets are all in ISO size as opposed to letter: 1) acrobat will
      scale the output and the scaling is better from A4->Letter than the other way
      around. 2) ISO sizes will scale up and down which US sizes will not (I often
      print an A5 booklet copy of the A4 sheet and it still fits perfectly).

      --
      regards,
      Frugal
      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 13, 2006
        Wow, does sound like most of the rest of the world has converted over to SI. I still recall having to memorize conversion factors
        in school.

        Paul W. King
        PR SB, BoD