Re: OS suggestion

  • karianna03
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2006
      Hi Hans,

      Good to see fellow dutchies on the boards :-). I think what you're
      looking for is using custom data files (which PCGen supports). There
      should be full instructions on how to create/save your custom data
      files (so that they don't get deleted when upgrading releases) in the
      Documentation provided with PCGen.

      Karianna
      Chair Monkey

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Hans Jacobs <jpajacobs@...> wrote:

      > LS,
      > first of all: a lot of compliments for your work !
      >
      > Using the 5.8.0. release of pcgen I discovered that when I'd like
      to add some own material in the tables, it might be gone when using a
      future release.

      > In my profession as a software engineer I work on an application
      which uses mirror files, i.e. one file is used by the application
      itself, and the second one, which is physically identical to the first
      one, is used by users to add their own stuff. On updates, the personal
      changes aren't lost !

      > I realize that it will be a major change on reading the files, but
      some source can be re-used, the format in which the personal data is
      stored remains the same.