Re: [pcgen] Re: Movement other than walk

  • boomer70
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2006

      [https://www.codemonkeypublishing.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewt
      > > opic&p=100199#100199] Can anyone find an official
      > source that states
      > > this?
      > >
      > > I can see logically Swim giving a bonus, but not
      > Fly. What other
      > > movement types are there?
      >

      > Burrow.

      I have a source (Tome of Horrors Revised from
      Necromancer Games) that has an incorporeal creature
      with only a Fly speed. It also has a special ability
      granting it a +20 bonus on Jump checks. Even if other
      move rates don't give a bonus to jump PCGen gives you
      a huge penalty to jump if you don't have a walk speed
      (as though it was Walk,0 in the calculation). So at
      least one source seems to think jump for a Fly only
      creature makes sense.

      Unfortunately the Stat blocks in this source never
      include the movement rate bonus to Jump checks in them
      so I can't say if they meant to give it one.

      -Aaron

      http://mail.yahoo.com