Movement other than walk

  • Paul Grosse
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2006
      Somebody posted over on CMP's forums about other movement rates giving a
      bonus to Jump like walk does.
      [https://www.codemonkeypublishing.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewt
      opic&p=100199#100199] Can anyone find an official source that states
      this?

      I can see logically Swim giving a bonus, but not Fly. What other
      movement types are there?

      Paul Grosse.
    • taluroniscandar
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2006
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Grosse" <paul.grosse@...> wrote:

        > Somebody posted over on CMP's forums about other movement rates giving a
        > bonus to Jump like walk does.
        > [https://www.codemonkeypublishing.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewt
        > opic&p=100199#100199] Can anyone find an official source that states
        > this?
        >
        > I can see logically Swim giving a bonus, but not Fly. What other
        > movement types are there?

        Burrow.
      • boomer70
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2006
          --- taluroniscandar <mhgj@...> wrote:

          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Grosse"
          > <paul.grosse@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Somebody posted over on CMP's forums about other
          > movement rates giving a
          > > bonus to Jump like walk does.

          [https://www.codemonkeypublishing.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewt
          > > opic&p=100199#100199] Can anyone find an official
          > source that states
          > > this?
          > >
          > > I can see logically Swim giving a bonus, but not
          > Fly. What other
          > > movement types are there?
          >

          > Burrow.

          I have a source (Tome of Horrors Revised from
          Necromancer Games) that has an incorporeal creature
          with only a Fly speed. It also has a special ability
          granting it a +20 bonus on Jump checks. Even if other
          move rates don't give a bonus to jump PCGen gives you
          a huge penalty to jump if you don't have a walk speed
          (as though it was Walk,0 in the calculation). So at
          least one source seems to think jump for a Fly only
          creature makes sense.

          Unfortunately the Stat blocks in this source never
          include the movement rate bonus to Jump checks in them
          so I can't say if they meant to give it one.

          -Aaron

          http://mail.yahoo.com