Re: [pcgen] Creating Items

  • Kent P
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2006
      At a guess, because they are playing 3.5, and 3.5 made some reductions
      to the Bs of S&S to balance them. Likely wants to recreate the
      originals, or mod the 3.5's to behave as 3.0.

      Kent

      Paul W. King wrote:
      > though, the 3.0 Boots of Springing and Striding exist in the SRD dataset already, so I'm not sure why you want to create them.
    • taluroniscandar
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2006
        Easiest to just copy the 3.0 boots from the SRD set, rename them and
        add them to a custom equipment set for 3.5.

        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgenlistfilehelp/ ). Having said that

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 3, 2006
          I was hesitant to suggest that as some things operate slightly
          differently in 3.5 mode vs 3.0, (I assume, or the Game Mode option
          wouldn't need to be there?) and since I never use 3.5, I wasn't sure
          what the differences are.

          Kent

          On 3/3/06, taluroniscandar <mhgj@...> wrote:
          > Easiest to just copy the 3.0 boots from the SRD set, rename them and
          > add them to a custom equipment set for 3.5.
        • theryonstormrune
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 3, 2006
            srd35 (rsrd):
            BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE=Walk|10|TYPE=Enhancement
            BONUS:SKILL|Jump|5|TYPE=Competence

            srd (old 3.0):
            BONUS:MOVEMULT|TYPE=Walk|2|TYPE=Enhancement.REPLACE
            BONUS:SKILL|Jump|10|TYPE=Competence

            {line breaks are actually a tab separator on the same line}

            But the original poster should be able to find that in the d20ogl data
            directories. I think the poster was trying to replace the 3.5e Boots
            with the movement enhancer of the 3.0 Boots. All I can say is that
            going from a +10 movement enhancement to a 2x movement enhancement
            better be a hefty monetary adjustment. The 3.0 Boots are "broken" and
            especially under 3.5e rules.

            Theryon