RE: [pcgen] Creating Items

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2006
      Questions of this nature belong on our List File Help group ( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgenlistfilehelp/ ). Having said that
      though, the 3.0 Boots of Springing and Striding exist in the SRD dataset already, so I'm not sure why you want to create them.

      Paul W. King
      PR SB, BoD

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2006
        At a guess, because they are playing 3.5, and 3.5 made some reductions
        to the Bs of S&S to balance them. Likely wants to recreate the
        originals, or mod the 3.5's to behave as 3.0.

        Kent

        Paul W. King wrote:
        > though, the 3.0 Boots of Springing and Striding exist in the SRD dataset already, so I'm not sure why you want to create them.
      • taluroniscandar
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 3, 2006
          Easiest to just copy the 3.0 boots from the SRD set, rename them and
          add them to a custom equipment set for 3.5.

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Kent P" <kentpollard@...> wrote:

          > At a guess, because they are playing 3.5, and 3.5 made some reductions
          > to the Bs of S&S to balance them. Likely wants to recreate the
          > originals, or mod the 3.5's to behave as 3.0.
          >
          > Kent
          >

          > Paul W. King wrote:
          > > Questions of this nature belong on our List File Help group (
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgenlistfilehelp/ ). Having said that
          > > though, the 3.0 Boots of Springing and Striding exist in the SRD
          dataset already, so I'm not sure why you want to create them.

        • Kent P
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 3, 2006
            I was hesitant to suggest that as some things operate slightly
            differently in 3.5 mode vs 3.0, (I assume, or the Game Mode option
            wouldn't need to be there?) and since I never use 3.5, I wasn't sure
            what the differences are.

            Kent

            On 3/3/06, taluroniscandar <mhgj@...> wrote:
            > Easiest to just copy the 3.0 boots from the SRD set, rename them and
            > add them to a custom equipment set for 3.5.
          • theryonstormrune
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 3, 2006
              srd35 (rsrd):
              BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE=Walk|10|TYPE=Enhancement
              BONUS:SKILL|Jump|5|TYPE=Competence

              srd (old 3.0):
              BONUS:MOVEMULT|TYPE=Walk|2|TYPE=Enhancement.REPLACE
              BONUS:SKILL|Jump|10|TYPE=Competence

              {line breaks are actually a tab separator on the same line}

              But the original poster should be able to find that in the d20ogl data
              directories. I think the poster was trying to replace the 3.5e Boots
              with the movement enhancer of the 3.0 Boots. All I can say is that
              going from a +10 movement enhancement to a 2x movement enhancement
              better be a hefty monetary adjustment. The 3.0 Boots are "broken" and
              especially under 3.5e rules.

              Theryon