Creating Items

  • ravenhexx
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2006
      Using PC-Gen 5.8.1 creating a Custom Item for bBoots of Springing and
      Striding, I want ot create the boots by 3.0 guidelines.

      How do you adust the rate of movement on an Item?

      I have gotten the rest of the stats figured out and how to do it,
      except rate of movement. Any help would be appreciated.

      Thanks

      Duane
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2006
        though, the 3.0 Boots of Springing and Striding exist in the SRD dataset already, so I'm not sure why you want to create them.

        Paul W. King
        PR SB, BoD

        Using PC-Gen 5.8.1 creating a Custom Item for bBoots of Springing and Striding, I want ot create the boots by 3.0 guidelines.

        How do you adust the rate of movement on an Item?

        I have gotten the rest of the stats figured out and how to do it, except rate of movement. Any help would be appreciated.
      • Kent P
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2006
          At a guess, because they are playing 3.5, and 3.5 made some reductions
          to the Bs of S&S to balance them. Likely wants to recreate the
          originals, or mod the 3.5's to behave as 3.0.

          Kent

          Paul W. King wrote:
          > though, the 3.0 Boots of Springing and Striding exist in the SRD dataset already, so I'm not sure why you want to create them.
        • taluroniscandar
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 3, 2006
            Easiest to just copy the 3.0 boots from the SRD set, rename them and
            add them to a custom equipment set for 3.5.

            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgenlistfilehelp/ ). Having said that

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 3, 2006
              I was hesitant to suggest that as some things operate slightly
              differently in 3.5 mode vs 3.0, (I assume, or the Game Mode option
              wouldn't need to be there?) and since I never use 3.5, I wasn't sure
              what the differences are.

              Kent

              On 3/3/06, taluroniscandar <mhgj@...> wrote:
              > Easiest to just copy the 3.0 boots from the SRD set, rename them and
              > add them to a custom equipment set for 3.5.
            • theryonstormrune
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 3, 2006
                srd35 (rsrd):
                BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE=Walk|10|TYPE=Enhancement
                BONUS:SKILL|Jump|5|TYPE=Competence

                srd (old 3.0):
                BONUS:MOVEMULT|TYPE=Walk|2|TYPE=Enhancement.REPLACE
                BONUS:SKILL|Jump|10|TYPE=Competence

                {line breaks are actually a tab separator on the same line}

                But the original poster should be able to find that in the d20ogl data
                directories. I think the poster was trying to replace the 3.5e Boots
                with the movement enhancer of the 3.0 Boots. All I can say is that
                going from a +10 movement enhancement to a 2x movement enhancement
                better be a hefty monetary adjustment. The 3.0 Boots are "broken" and
                especially under 3.5e rules.

                Theryon