Dates [Was Re: New message [Moderator post - No more posts on this]]

  • Anestis Kozakis
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2006
      On 03/03/06, David <Papa-DRB@...> wrote:

      > My message was that I would implement the moderation on 03/11/2006. Please
      > no more posts on this subject, thank you.

      Now David, is that 3rd of November, 2006, or 11th of March, 2006?

      I know I'm being pedantic, and I know you mean 11th of Me\arch, but
      different countries do use different date formats (well, specifically, the
      US seems to use MM/DD/YYYY, whilst almost everyone else uses DD/MM/YYYY.
      Not singling out Americans, but it's the only country I know that uses that
      system for dates).

      Just a thought, but perhaps we should use a less confusing system for
      dates. Perhaps YYYY/MM/DD?

      Just a thought.

      -- david
      > Papa-DRB
      > Moderator Monkey

      Anestis.
      --
      Anestis Kozakis
      kenosti@...

    • Michael
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2006
        --- Anestis Kozakis <kenosti@...> wrote:
        > Just a thought, but perhaps we should use a less confusing system for
        > dates. Perhaps YYYY/MM/DD?
        >
        > Just a thought.

        In my work I often correspond with overseas teams. We've all learned to
        specify dates in a non-ambiguous way, e.g. 11-Mar-2006. That has avoided
        several headaches. :-)

        Michael
      • bebberd@att.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2006

          > Now David, is that 3rd of November, 2006, or 11th of March, 2006?
          >
          > I know I'm being pedantic, and I know you mean 11th of Me\arch, but
          > different countries do use different date formats (well, specifically, the
          > US seems to use MM/DD/YYYY, whilst almost everyone else uses DD/MM/YYYY.
          > Not singling out Americans, but it's the only country I know that uses that
          > system for dates).
          >
          > Just a thought, but perhaps we should use a less confusing system for
          > dates. Perhaps YYYY/MM/DD?
          >
          > Just a thought.
          >

          > -- david

          I suggest YYYY/DD/MM... or maybe DD/YYYY/MM, or even MM/YYYY/DD!

          seriously though just type our the month abbreviaton (Mar.) and there is no misunderstanding at all.
          > > Papa-DRB
          > > Moderator Monkey
          > >

          > Anestis.
          > --
          > Anestis Kozakis
          > kenosti@...
          > http://www.labyrinth.net.au/~kenosti/

          > PCGen's Online Docs: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/docs/
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • David
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2, 2006
            November 3rd, 2006. Sounds good to me. My Bayesian (sp?) filters work
            real good.

            -- david