Re: [pcgen] Re: [BUG][DATA][EPIC] FEAT:Additional Magic Item Space

  • Eric Jarman
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006
      Eddy Anthony wrote:
      > On 3/1/06 3:32 PM, "Eric Jarman" <ehj38230@...> wrote:
      >

      >>I'm pretty sure that when wearing multiple sets of armor, you're
      >>supposed to get the best base armor bonus, the best armor enhancement
      >>bonus, and all of the other enhancements.
      >>
      >>So, wearing a
      >>+5 chain shirt with SR:19 and a
      >>+1 Full Plate of Heavy Fortification and Invulnerability
      >>will give Armor bonus of 13, SR:19, DR:5/magic, and Heavy Fortification
      >>
      >>I'm pretty sure that just making sure the AC bonuses stack properly will
      >>get it working.
      >>I fiddled around with making a slotless item that had the same types of
      >>armor bonuses as full plate, and the armor bonuses overlapped as
      >>expected, but the enhancement bonuses all added together, so the
      >>previous example gave the same AC bonus as a +6 full plate instead of +5.
      >

      > Unfortunatly this bumps up into a limitation we have at the moment, until we
      > get a more flexable method of stacking bonuses you are going to find that
      > the enhancement bonuses from wearing to sets of Armors will stack.
      >
      > This also effects the Class Defense feature in Unearthed Arcana and some
      > magic items which provide AC enhancement bonuses which should not stack with
      > Armor.

      What items actually use the SUIT slot? I couldn't find any.
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006
        On 3/1/06 4:05 PM, "Eric Jarman" <ehj38230@...> wrote:

        > What items actually use the SUIT slot? I couldn't find any.

        There are many items with the Suit TYPE, mostly armor, but there is not
        actually a Suit Slot.

        So I guess the second part of this bug is that SUIT is being offered as a
        choice by the feat in the first place :/
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006
          On 3/1/06 4:15 PM, "Eddy Anthony" <eddyba@...> wrote:

          >> What items actually use the SUIT slot? I couldn't find any.
          >
          > There are many items with the Suit TYPE, mostly armor, but there is not
          > actually a Suit Slot.
          >
          > So I guess the second part of this bug is that SUIT is being offered as a
          > choice by the feat in the first place :/

          Ah ha! Now I see where that list came from. It matches the list from the Doc
          entry for BONUS:SLOTS... Which is out of date, one more bug to fix :-)
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Content Silverback
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006
            Eddy Anthony wrote:
            > On 3/1/06 4:15 PM, "Eddy Anthony" <eddyba@...> wrote:
            >

            >>>What items actually use the SUIT slot? I couldn't find any.
            >>
            >>There are many items with the Suit TYPE, mostly armor, but there is not
            >>actually a Suit Slot.
            >>
            >>So I guess the second part of this bug is that SUIT is being offered as a
            >>choice by the feat in the first place :/
            >

            > Ah ha! Now I see where that list came from. It matches the list from the Doc
            > entry for BONUS:SLOTS... Which is out of date, one more bug to fix :-)

            Well, I just tested replacing SUIT with ARMOR in the feat, and that
            makes it work properly. An easy enough fix.
            That just leaves the larger problem of enhancement stacking, but since
            that is more wide reaching, I'd say it counts as a different problem.