Re: [pcgen] [BUG][DATA][EPIC] [Trackered] FEAT:Additional Magic Item Space

  • Rasilio
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006
      From: Eddy Anthony
      To: pcgen@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 2:51 PM
      Subject: Re: [pcgen] [BUG][DATA][EPIC] [Trackered] FEAT:Additional Magic Item Space

      On 3/1/06 12:15 PM, "Eric Jarman" <ehj38230@...> wrote:

      > I found a problem with the feat Additional Magic Item Space when
      > selecting "SUIT" for another suit of armor. The Equip tab will not let
      > you equip 2 suits of armor (same type, or different types or categories)
      > when I have this feat selected, like it is supposed to. It seems to
      > work with any other item types (Amulet, Ring, etc), just not with suits
      > of armor.
      > Problem exists in both 5.8.1 and 5.9.5.

      This is a data bug, the "Suit" slot is not what Armor uses and "Armor" is
      not an option offered by the feat.

      I can see why it was left out, the rule of two rings at a time applies to
      it's magical benefit, obviously you can physically wear many more rings than
      that but how do you wear 2 sets of Armor?

      Breast Plate over Chain
      Leather over Padded
      Chain over Leather or Padded
      Chain Shirt under almost anything

      Are just some possible combinations that while maybe encumbering are workable.

      Ras

    • Eric Jarman
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006
        Paul W. King wrote:
        >>I found a problem with the feat Additional Magic Item Space when
        >>selecting "SUIT" for another suit of armor. The Equip tab will not
        >>let you equip 2 suits of armor (same type, or different types or
        >>categories) when I have this feat selected, like it is supposed to.
        >>It seems to work with any other item types (Amulet, Ring, etc), just
        >>not with suits of armor.
        >>Problem exists in both 5.8.1 and 5.9.5.
        >

        > What datasets do you have loaded? What version of java do you have
        > working on your machine?
        >
        > Paul W. King
        > PR SB, BoD

        Java 1.5.0_06
        Datasets: (5.8.1)
        RSRD-complete
        RSRD-Epic (from pcgen_experimental)
        RSRD-Epic-Psionics (from pcgen_experimental)
        RSRD-Divine (from pcgen_experimental)

        Datasets: (5.9.5 - fresh download)
        RSRD-complete

        I'm pretty sure that when wearing multiple sets of armor, you're
        supposed to get the best base armor bonus, the best armor enhancement
        bonus, and all of the other enhancements.

        So, wearing a
        +5 chain shirt with SR:19 and a
        +1 Full Plate of Heavy Fortification and Invulnerability
        will give Armor bonus of 13, SR:19, DR:5/magic, and Heavy Fortification

        I'm pretty sure that just making sure the AC bonuses stack properly will
        get it working.
        I fiddled around with making a slotless item that had the same types of
        armor bonuses as full plate, and the armor bonuses overlapped as
        expected, but the enhancement bonuses all added together, so the
        previous example gave the same AC bonus as a +6 full plate instead of +5.

        OracleofBargth
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006
          On 3/1/06 3:32 PM, "Eric Jarman" <ehj38230@...> wrote:

          > I'm pretty sure that when wearing multiple sets of armor, you're
          > supposed to get the best base armor bonus, the best armor enhancement
          > bonus, and all of the other enhancements.
          >
          > So, wearing a
          > +5 chain shirt with SR:19 and a
          > +1 Full Plate of Heavy Fortification and Invulnerability
          > will give Armor bonus of 13, SR:19, DR:5/magic, and Heavy Fortification
          >
          > I'm pretty sure that just making sure the AC bonuses stack properly will
          > get it working.
          > I fiddled around with making a slotless item that had the same types of
          > armor bonuses as full plate, and the armor bonuses overlapped as
          > expected, but the enhancement bonuses all added together, so the
          > previous example gave the same AC bonus as a +6 full plate instead of +5.

          Unfortunatly this bumps up into a limitation we have at the moment, until we
          get a more flexable method of stacking bonuses you are going to find that
          the enhancement bonuses from wearing to sets of Armors will stack.

          This also effects the Class Defense feature in Unearthed Arcana and some
          magic items which provide AC enhancement bonuses which should not stack with
          Armor.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Content Silverback
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006
            Eddy Anthony wrote:
            > On 3/1/06 3:32 PM, "Eric Jarman" <ehj38230@...> wrote:
            >

            >>I'm pretty sure that when wearing multiple sets of armor, you're
            >>supposed to get the best base armor bonus, the best armor enhancement
            >>bonus, and all of the other enhancements.
            >>
            >>So, wearing a
            >>+5 chain shirt with SR:19 and a
            >>+1 Full Plate of Heavy Fortification and Invulnerability
            >>will give Armor bonus of 13, SR:19, DR:5/magic, and Heavy Fortification
            >>
            >>I'm pretty sure that just making sure the AC bonuses stack properly will
            >>get it working.
            >>I fiddled around with making a slotless item that had the same types of
            >>armor bonuses as full plate, and the armor bonuses overlapped as
            >>expected, but the enhancement bonuses all added together, so the
            >>previous example gave the same AC bonus as a +6 full plate instead of +5.
            >

            > Unfortunatly this bumps up into a limitation we have at the moment, until we
            > get a more flexable method of stacking bonuses you are going to find that
            > the enhancement bonuses from wearing to sets of Armors will stack.
            >
            > This also effects the Class Defense feature in Unearthed Arcana and some
            > magic items which provide AC enhancement bonuses which should not stack with
            > Armor.

            What items actually use the SUIT slot? I couldn't find any.
          • Eddy Anthony
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006
              On 3/1/06 4:05 PM, "Eric Jarman" <ehj38230@...> wrote:

              > What items actually use the SUIT slot? I couldn't find any.

              There are many items with the Suit TYPE, mostly armor, but there is not
              actually a Suit Slot.

              So I guess the second part of this bug is that SUIT is being offered as a
              choice by the feat in the first place :/
              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              ~ PCGen Content Silverback
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006
                On 3/1/06 4:15 PM, "Eddy Anthony" <eddyba@...> wrote:

                >> What items actually use the SUIT slot? I couldn't find any.
                >
                > There are many items with the Suit TYPE, mostly armor, but there is not
                > actually a Suit Slot.
                >
                > So I guess the second part of this bug is that SUIT is being offered as a
                > choice by the feat in the first place :/

                Ah ha! Now I see where that list came from. It matches the list from the Doc
                entry for BONUS:SLOTS... Which is out of date, one more bug to fix :-)
                --
                ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006
                  Eddy Anthony wrote:
                  > On 3/1/06 4:15 PM, "Eddy Anthony" <eddyba@...> wrote:
                  >

                  >>>What items actually use the SUIT slot? I couldn't find any.
                  >>
                  >>There are many items with the Suit TYPE, mostly armor, but there is not
                  >>actually a Suit Slot.
                  >>
                  >>So I guess the second part of this bug is that SUIT is being offered as a
                  >>choice by the feat in the first place :/
                  >

                  > Ah ha! Now I see where that list came from. It matches the list from the Doc
                  > entry for BONUS:SLOTS... Which is out of date, one more bug to fix :-)

                  Well, I just tested replacing SUIT with ARMOR in the feat, and that
                  makes it work properly. An easy enough fix.
                  That just leaves the larger problem of enhancement stacking, but since
                  that is more wide reaching, I'd say it counts as a different problem.