[BUG][DATA][EPIC] FEAT:Additional Magic Item Space

  • Eric Jarman
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006
      I found a problem with the feat Additional Magic Item Space when
      selecting "SUIT" for another suit of armor. The Equip tab will not let
      you equip 2 suits of armor (same type, or different types or categories)
      when I have this feat selected, like it is supposed to. It seems to
      work with any other item types (Amulet, Ring, etc), just not with suits
      of armor.
      Problem exists in both 5.8.1 and 5.9.5.
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006
        > I found a problem with the feat Additional Magic Item Space when
        > selecting "SUIT" for another suit of armor. The Equip tab will not
        > let you equip 2 suits of armor (same type, or different types or
        > categories) when I have this feat selected, like it is supposed to.
        > It seems to work with any other item types (Amulet, Ring, etc), just
        > not with suits of armor.
        > Problem exists in both 5.8.1 and 5.9.5.

        What datasets do you have loaded? What version of java do you have
        working on your machine?

        Paul W. King
        PR SB, BoD
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006
          On 3/1/06 12:15 PM, "Eric Jarman" <ehj38230@...> wrote:

          > I found a problem with the feat Additional Magic Item Space when
          > selecting "SUIT" for another suit of armor. The Equip tab will not let
          > you equip 2 suits of armor (same type, or different types or categories)
          > when I have this feat selected, like it is supposed to. It seems to
          > work with any other item types (Amulet, Ring, etc), just not with suits
          > of armor.
          > Problem exists in both 5.8.1 and 5.9.5.

          This is a data bug, the "Suit" slot is not what Armor uses and "Armor" is
          not an option offered by the feat.

          I can see why it was left out, the rule of two rings at a time applies to
          it's magical benefit, obviously you can physically wear many more rings than
          that but how do you wear 2 sets of Armor?

          The feat description does mention one set of armor in it's list of
          limitations so it does belong in the feat, we'll add Armor as one of the
          options you can choose for the Feat.

          Trackered:
          [ 1441233 ] [RSRD EPIC] FEAT: Additional Magic Item Space
          <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1441233&group_id=2
          5576&atid=750091>
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Content Silverback
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006
            > I found a problem with the feat Additional Magic Item Space when
            > selecting "SUIT" for another suit of armor. The Equip tab will not let
            > you equip 2 suits of armor (same type, or different types or categories)
            > when I have this feat selected, like it is supposed to. It seems to
            > work with any other item types (Amulet, Ring, etc), just not with suits
            > of armor.
            > Problem exists in both 5.8.1 and 5.9.5.

            This is a data bug, the "Suit" slot is not what Armor uses and "Armor" is
            not an option offered by the feat.

            I can see why it was left out, the rule of two rings at a time applies to
            it's magical benefit, obviously you can physically wear many more rings than
            that but how do you wear 2 sets of Armor?

            Breast Plate over Chain
            Leather over Padded
            Chain over Leather or Padded
            Chain Shirt under almost anything

            Are just some possible combinations that while maybe encumbering are workable.

            Ras

          • Eric Jarman
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006
              Paul W. King wrote:
              >>I found a problem with the feat Additional Magic Item Space when
              >>selecting "SUIT" for another suit of armor. The Equip tab will not
              >>let you equip 2 suits of armor (same type, or different types or
              >>categories) when I have this feat selected, like it is supposed to.
              >>It seems to work with any other item types (Amulet, Ring, etc), just
              >>not with suits of armor.
              >>Problem exists in both 5.8.1 and 5.9.5.
              >

              > What datasets do you have loaded? What version of java do you have
              > working on your machine?
              >
              > Paul W. King
              > PR SB, BoD

              Java 1.5.0_06
              Datasets: (5.8.1)
              RSRD-complete
              RSRD-Epic (from pcgen_experimental)
              RSRD-Epic-Psionics (from pcgen_experimental)
              RSRD-Divine (from pcgen_experimental)

              Datasets: (5.9.5 - fresh download)
              RSRD-complete

              I'm pretty sure that when wearing multiple sets of armor, you're
              supposed to get the best base armor bonus, the best armor enhancement
              bonus, and all of the other enhancements.

              So, wearing a
              +5 chain shirt with SR:19 and a
              +1 Full Plate of Heavy Fortification and Invulnerability
              will give Armor bonus of 13, SR:19, DR:5/magic, and Heavy Fortification

              I'm pretty sure that just making sure the AC bonuses stack properly will
              get it working.
              I fiddled around with making a slotless item that had the same types of
              armor bonuses as full plate, and the armor bonuses overlapped as
              expected, but the enhancement bonuses all added together, so the
              previous example gave the same AC bonus as a +6 full plate instead of +5.

              OracleofBargth
            • Eddy Anthony
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006
                On 3/1/06 3:32 PM, "Eric Jarman" <ehj38230@...> wrote:

                > I'm pretty sure that when wearing multiple sets of armor, you're
                > supposed to get the best base armor bonus, the best armor enhancement
                > bonus, and all of the other enhancements.
                >
                > So, wearing a
                > +5 chain shirt with SR:19 and a
                > +1 Full Plate of Heavy Fortification and Invulnerability
                > will give Armor bonus of 13, SR:19, DR:5/magic, and Heavy Fortification
                >
                > I'm pretty sure that just making sure the AC bonuses stack properly will
                > get it working.
                > I fiddled around with making a slotless item that had the same types of
                > armor bonuses as full plate, and the armor bonuses overlapped as
                > expected, but the enhancement bonuses all added together, so the
                > previous example gave the same AC bonus as a +6 full plate instead of +5.

                Unfortunatly this bumps up into a limitation we have at the moment, until we
                get a more flexable method of stacking bonuses you are going to find that
                the enhancement bonuses from wearing to sets of Armors will stack.

                This also effects the Class Defense feature in Unearthed Arcana and some
                magic items which provide AC enhancement bonuses which should not stack with
                Armor.
                --
                ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006
                  Eddy Anthony wrote:
                  > On 3/1/06 3:32 PM, "Eric Jarman" <ehj38230@...> wrote:
                  >

                  >>I'm pretty sure that when wearing multiple sets of armor, you're
                  >>supposed to get the best base armor bonus, the best armor enhancement
                  >>bonus, and all of the other enhancements.
                  >>
                  >>So, wearing a
                  >>+5 chain shirt with SR:19 and a
                  >>+1 Full Plate of Heavy Fortification and Invulnerability
                  >>will give Armor bonus of 13, SR:19, DR:5/magic, and Heavy Fortification
                  >>
                  >>I'm pretty sure that just making sure the AC bonuses stack properly will
                  >>get it working.
                  >>I fiddled around with making a slotless item that had the same types of
                  >>armor bonuses as full plate, and the armor bonuses overlapped as
                  >>expected, but the enhancement bonuses all added together, so the
                  >>previous example gave the same AC bonus as a +6 full plate instead of +5.
                  >

                  > Unfortunatly this bumps up into a limitation we have at the moment, until we
                  > get a more flexable method of stacking bonuses you are going to find that
                  > the enhancement bonuses from wearing to sets of Armors will stack.
                  >
                  > This also effects the Class Defense feature in Unearthed Arcana and some
                  > magic items which provide AC enhancement bonuses which should not stack with
                  > Armor.

                  What items actually use the SUIT slot? I couldn't find any.
                • Eddy Anthony
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006
                    On 3/1/06 4:05 PM, "Eric Jarman" <ehj38230@...> wrote:

                    > What items actually use the SUIT slot? I couldn't find any.

                    There are many items with the Suit TYPE, mostly armor, but there is not
                    actually a Suit Slot.

                    So I guess the second part of this bug is that SUIT is being offered as a
                    choice by the feat in the first place :/
                    --
                    ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                    ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006
                      On 3/1/06 4:15 PM, "Eddy Anthony" <eddyba@...> wrote:

                      >> What items actually use the SUIT slot? I couldn't find any.
                      >
                      > There are many items with the Suit TYPE, mostly armor, but there is not
                      > actually a Suit Slot.
                      >
                      > So I guess the second part of this bug is that SUIT is being offered as a
                      > choice by the feat in the first place :/

                      Ah ha! Now I see where that list came from. It matches the list from the Doc
                      entry for BONUS:SLOTS... Which is out of date, one more bug to fix :-)
                      --
                      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                      ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006
                        Eddy Anthony wrote:
                        > On 3/1/06 4:15 PM, "Eddy Anthony" <eddyba@...> wrote:
                        >

                        >>>What items actually use the SUIT slot? I couldn't find any.
                        >>
                        >>There are many items with the Suit TYPE, mostly armor, but there is not
                        >>actually a Suit Slot.
                        >>
                        >>So I guess the second part of this bug is that SUIT is being offered as a
                        >>choice by the feat in the first place :/
                        >

                        > Ah ha! Now I see where that list came from. It matches the list from the Doc
                        > entry for BONUS:SLOTS... Which is out of date, one more bug to fix :-)

                        Well, I just tested replacing SUIT with ARMOR in the feat, and that
                        makes it work properly. An easy enough fix.
                        That just leaves the larger problem of enhancement stacking, but since
                        that is more wide reaching, I'd say it counts as a different problem.