RE: [pcgen] Re: [OS] Some characters in PDF output are being displayed as '#'

  • Frank Kliewe
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 26, 2006

      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "James Dempsey" <jdempsey@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > On 27/02/06, Kevin Brown <kevin_brown@...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > CMP files are not supported on this list. You'll have to
      > take this up
      > > > with CMP on their forums.
      > > >
      > > The original problem was reported using the rsrd only
      > though. So this
      > > is still something we need to be concerned about.
      > >
      > > I have verified this behaviour using a vanilla PCGen 5.8.1
      > install on
      > > Windows XP SP 2 and Java 1.5.0_06. The PDF sheets show # where there
      > > should be ticks or boxes (turns, skills, spells etc). The
      > HTML sheets
      > > look fine. On PCGen 5.9.5, the PDF and HTML sheets look fine except
      > > that the legend in the skills block of the PDF sheet has #
      > instead of
      > > the actual symbols used.
      > >
      > > Cheers,
      > > James Dempsey
      > > PCGen Code Gibbon
      > >

      > I introduced a bug in the xlst sheets by taking out something that I
      > shouldn't have. We are going to "roll back" those files to fix the
      > problem. I thought it got fixed for 5.9.5, but maybe it didn't make
      > it. It is a problem for 5.8.1. I'll post something when we have a fix
      > for it.
      >
      > Chuck
      > OS Chimp

      Chuck, I did roll back the changes you had made in January during the freeze
      for 5.9.5, as you had requested.

      As James stated, in 5.9.5 it is just the foot notes under the skills block
      in the fantasy sheets that are affected, not all the special characters.
      This must have been changed before January. Sorry I didn't catch this
      glitch. Modern and Spycraft PDFs come out fine in 5.9.5

      Cheerio,

      Frank Kliewe
      PCGen Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS & TM Lemur
      The Modern Monkey

      --
      You shouldn't keep souvenirs of a killing.
      You shouldn't have been that sentimental.