RE: [pcgen] Creating a Class

  • Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 24, 2006
      Have you tried just copying the sorcerer class, and then altering it to what
      you want, changing whatever features you wish to change. That way the class
      abilities are there, including the casting.

      _____

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 24, 2006
        Have you renamed the new class to something other than Sorcerer? I'm guessing that's your problem, since spells are granted to
        specific classes. Put

        SPELLLIST:1|Sorcerer

        in the class. This tag will grant the class the same spell list as the sorcerer.

        Paul W. King
        PR SB, BoD

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 24, 2006
          Thank you that worked. I found this program last night. So far I am
          loving it. I am sorry that I cannot offer financial compensation for
          this product. I am however willing to spend time to help import the
          various D&D rule books. please let me know what I can do to help.

          Ben

          P.S. I game with a group of programmers, if your interested in help
          let us know. I plan on intoducing this tomorrow at and trying to get
          them started on it.

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...>
          wrote:

          > Have you renamed the new class to something other than Sorcerer?
          I'm guessing that's your problem, since spells are granted to
          > specific classes. Put
          >
          > SPELLLIST:1|Sorcerer
          >
          > in the class. This tag will grant the class the same spell list as
          the sorcerer.

          > Paul W. King
          > PR SB, BoD

          Behalf Of
          > fyiben
          > Sent: Friday, February 24, 2006 7:05 PM
          > To: pcgen@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [pcgen] Creating a Class
          >
          > I am trying to create a class that is a gestalt of a rogue and
          sorcerer. I can get all of the abilities, except I am unable to get
          > the spells part of the class to work.

        • Paul W. King
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 24, 2006
            You're welcome. Glad you like the product.

            As for doing datasets, you'll need to talk to Eddy, our Content SB (flagged in the email). Just keep in mind that the WotC books
            we can't distribute, as they are closed-content, and we don't have a license to do those. Code Monkey Publishing does have a
            license to sell these products.

            For programming, you'll need to talk to Devon, our Code SB (also flagged in the email).

            Finally, I've flagged Kar, our Chairman, because he likes to be apprised of volunteers.

            Paul W. King
            PR SB, BoD

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 24, 2006
              Next question.

              Now I can see the spells but when I try to add them to the character
              i get a message that says:
              NO CLASS NAMED SORCERER

              Any thoughts on this one?

              Ben

            • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 25, 2006
                A) We are starting to get technical into LST. This normally belongs on PCGenListFileClass Y! group. So we can keep the 'noise' level down on the main group (although spam seems to hit the main group a lot lately, and then the BoD members tend to cross-post a lot, causing higher noise levels.. Hint, Hint, Karianna).

                B) I'm going to guess that you aren't loading the normal Sorcerer... You need to continue to load the CLASS:Sorcerer object, but you can .MOD (modify) it to be VISIBLE:NO (so it doesn't show on the UI). SPELLLIST is trying to reference it, but can't find it.

                If that doesn't fix it, ask again on PCGenListFileHelp, and I'll see if I can't find your issue.

                Tir Gwaith
                LST Chimp