CMP Files

  • tforkan
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 24, 2006
      I broke down and bought my missing books from CMP. Now how do I get
      them into PCGEN so I can use them

      Thanks

      Tom
    • David
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 24, 2006
        You need to go over to www.codemonkeypublishing.com and ask that question.
        Depending on which datasets, etc. there may be different answers.

        -- david
        Papa-DRB

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 24, 2006
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David" <Papa-DRB@...> wrote:

          > You need to go over to www.codemonkeypublishing.com and ask that
          question.
          > Depending on which datasets, etc. there may be different answers.
          >
          > -- david
          > Papa-DRB

          I sent them an email also. I bought the DM's Guide PHB, Races of
          destiny, and expanded Psionics.

          I am hoping they respond.

          Thanks for the help
        • Terry FitzSimons
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 24, 2006
            That depends on the system that you have. If Windows then just unzip, if
            Mac then someone will tell you the instructions.

            Be advised that CMP uses their version of core books, so if you don't have
            the core books from them, you will need to spend time recoding the sections
            of the datasets that you just bought to get them to run under PcGen's core
            rules.

            Also they only work on the last stable version, 5.8.0, not 5.8.1 or later
            as of yet.

            Terry

            --

            Terry FitzSimons
            FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 24, 2006
              5.8.1 as of a couple of days ago. :)

              Barak

            • ovka
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 25, 2006
                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "tforkan" <tomf@...> wrote:

                > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David" <Papa-DRB@> wrote:
                > >
                > > You need to go over to www.codemonkeypublishing.com and ask that
                > question.
                > > Depending on which datasets, etc. there may be different answers.
                > >
                > > -- david
                > > Papa-DRB

                They have message boards you can post the question to. The user
                community over there is very helpful (just as it is here ;) ).

                Cheers,

                Sir George Anonymous