Re: [pcgen] Few questions about terminology

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 18, 2006
      Tymophil scribed:

      >>> 1. The equipping menu : why is there a "not carried" option ? What does
      >>> it mean ? The item appears in the equipment list, but with no weight.
      >>>

      >> Say you own a horse, would you carry it?
      >>
      >> This option allows you to list something but not have it apply towards your
      >> encumbrance penalty, you could have the horse and everything it is carrying
      >> listed.
      >>

      > All right, I understand.
      >
      > Wouldn't it be nice not to have this kind of "not carried equipment"
      > listed in another table right under the "carried equipment" equipment
      > one, on the outputsheet ?

      Actually the equipment block lists all the equipment in the Equipset
      regardless of where it is equipped, this includes Carried, Not carried,
      Equipped, weapons equipped to specific hands, stuff loaded in containers,
      etc.. It may be possible to split stuff up into separate blocks but since
      the block does list the items location I'm not sure I see much benefit.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback