[ANNOUNCE] Content Team changes

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2006
      Greetings everyone!

      Things are ramping up around here and big changes are afoot. We have
      several new volunteers on the doc team and it seems like more and more new
      datasets are submitted everyday. Before I get into that I need to announce
      that I will be stepping down as Content Silverback in the near future. The
      reason is a happy one, my wife and I are expecting our first child in the
      fall. Already I have seen a reduction in the time I can spend here as we are
      now re-evaluating all our plans with the new arrival to consider. But this
      is not effective immediately, I think a good time would be the release of
      5.10 or Gencon, whichever comes first. I'll still be around of course, I'm
      pretty much addicted to working on this project ;-)

      Now to business, Kent Behrends has recently stepped up to be the Doc
      tracker monkey, he's taking point on organizing the Doc team and is
      currently working on a list of active doc team members. Thanks Kent.

      It is also my pleasure to bestow the ranks of Doc Lemur to several
      volunteers who have recently joined the Doc team: Andrew Maitland, Terry
      Fitzsimmons and David Lim (who joined the team last fall). If I've left
      anyone out please let me know.

      Promotions: Aaron Divinsky, Frank Kliewe and Tir Gwaith now hold the
      Title of Doc Tamarin. Frank has been doing nice working filling out the MSRD
      help section with useful information, Aaron is also a code monkey and has
      the much appreciated habit of documenting his code work and Tir has been
      working in the data and the docs since long before I joined the project.

      A quick shout-out to Stefan Radermacher, another code monkey who docs
      his work. Thanks man!

      Let me jump over to the OS team for a sec and welcome Jason Wise as our
      newest OS Lemur.

      Thanks to everyone who has stepped up. I'd like to encourage everyone
      under the Content umbrella to join the pcgen_experimental yahoo group, this
      group has mainly been focused on data development but I think it should be
      the staging forum for all content teams for a few reasons, first is that
      with the recent additions communicating via individual emails can get
      cumbersome, we need a group list so that everyone can benefit when it comes
      time for things like getting new folks set up on CVS. I think experimental
      is the place to do it (rather than separate lists) because the three teams
      frequently deal with cross-related issues, OS needs to coordinate with data
      and the Docs need info from both teams.

      I recently heard from Shane Molnar, the Docs SB before me and current
      Docs Second. He's still around but RL is keeping him busy, therefore we (the
      BoD) are looking for a new Second for the Doc team now and eventually
      someone to lead the team. Please let us know if you are interested.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback