Re: [Data BUG] RSRD-Psionics: Wilder's should not have Medium and Heavy armour p

  • karianna03
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 3, 2006
      Hey Tir,

      >Not to be rude (well, a just a little), but the reason this wasn't
      >fixed a while back (like right after I saw the post 2 days ago) is
      >because there wasn't a tracker. I finally made one just now (I hate
      >making trackers)...

      That's my bad, should've made a tracker straight away (my intention
      was to create one when I fixed the bug). Quite right for you to be
      annoyed :-)

      >And we restrict Data Commit access to CVS for CORE (msrd, srd30,
      >srd35, Spycraft at this point) sources to prevent accidental commits
      >for mis-understandings. It really helps.Did you actually look it up
      >in the RTF before deciding that the change was correct?

      Yeah I did check the RTF, I was just commiting a test comment first to
      make sure that I could commit (I remember having trouble ages ago when
      I tried to fix a spelling mistake). It's a good call actually, that
      we need to make doubly sure that the latest source document
      (especially SRD and RSRD) are followed, have we got a _definitive_
      document for the RSRD and SRD that we should always refer to? I
      usually check the RSRD and SRD online, but I'm aware that there are
      fixes and changes to those.....

      >I did, and then got distracted by dinner before posting for a TM to
      >make me a tracker... Also fixed the Weapon proficeincy for the class
      >while I was looking at both. Now that I've made a tracker, I fixed
      >it in both HEAD and branch_5_8_0 (so it will be in 5.8.1), and closed
      >the tracker.

      Saw that, thanks :-)

      > All data monkeys part of the project (and I'd love to have more join
      >it - last I checked it was still open inventation) have access to the
      >/alpha, and the non-core directory subsets of /d20ogl and
      >/permissioned. This is planned to continue after we merge the
      >projects. The adding the directory thing is not in the avail script,
      >since we don't expect to add directories very often, especially
      >outside of /data. While I'm in the Avail script adding you, Kar, I'm
      >updating it for all the publishers we have in /d20ogl that have been
      >added recently.

      Excellent, thanks again I look forward to making some small data fixes
      (I might even learn the syntax beyond Lemur status one day ;p)

      Karianna
    • Frank Kliewe
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 3, 2006
        > I tried to fix a spelling mistake). It's a good call actually, that
        > we need to make doubly sure that the latest source document
        > (especially SRD and RSRD) are followed, have we got a _definitive_
        > document for the RSRD and SRD that we should always refer to? I
        > usually check the RSRD and SRD online, but I'm aware that there are
        > fixes and changes to those.....

        In the top level of PCGenDM you can find a folder called "Publisher Source
        Material". In that folder you will find the copies of the various SRDs that
        the Data Team uses.

        Cheerio,

        Frank Kliewe
        PCGen Data Chimp, OS & TM Lemur
        The Modern Monkey

        --
        By the authority vested in me by Kaiser William II, I pronounce you man and
        wife. Proceed with the execution. (Captain of 'Louisa' in "The African
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 3, 2006

          > Here's what I think needs to be done to fix it:
          >
          > On both the Crystal EQMODs remove the REPLACES:STEEL and the
          PRETYPE:Metal

          > We don't want the PRETYPE:Metal because we want to be able to apply
          this to
          > non-metal objects and we don't need REPLACES:STEEL because since
          Crystal is

          <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1422813&group_id=2
          > 5576&atid=750091>

          You also need to
          1. add Ammunition to the TYPE tag
          2. BONUS:ITEMCOST|TYPE.Ammunition|300 or
          BONUS:ITEMCOST|TYPE.Ammunition|6 or whatever is correct. No SRD as the
          moment. You used to be able to put in the per 50 cost and PCGen would
          divide smaller quantities of ammo out to the proper cost. Don't know
          if that's been changed.

          or it won't

          1. show up to be chosen
          2. price correctly

          I did not add this to the above Tracker as it is listed as Closed.
        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 3, 2006
            On 2/3/06 11:15 AM, "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@...> wrote:

            > You also need to
            > 1. add Ammunition to the TYPE tag
            > 2. BONUS:ITEMCOST|TYPE.Ammunition|300 or
            > BONUS:ITEMCOST|TYPE.Ammunition|6 or whatever is correct. No SRD as the
            > moment. You used to be able to put in the per 50 cost and PCGen would
            > divide smaller quantities of ammo out to the proper cost. Don't know
            > if that's been changed.
            >
            > or it won't
            >
            > 1. show up to be chosen
            > 2. price correctly

            I didn't add Ammunition because the text did not say Ammunition could be
            made from it, it does say "Bows, crossbows, and slings bestow this power on
            their ammunition."

            I've no objection to adding it, I see nothing specifically prohibiting it,
            the text just made it seem unnecessary.

            What do you think?
            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            ~ PCGen Content Silverback
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 3, 2006
              On 2/3/06 11:47 AM, "Eddy Anthony" <eddyba@...> wrote:

              > I didn't add Ammunition because the text did not say Ammunition could be
              > made from it, it does say "Bows, crossbows, and slings bestow this power on
              > their ammunition."
              >
              > I've no objection to adding it, I see nothing specifically prohibiting it,
              > the text just made it seem unnecessary.

              Just read it a bit closer and saw this: "Any item could potentially be made
              out of deep crystal."

              I'll go ahead and add it.
              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              ~ PCGen Content Silverback
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 3, 2006
                > I didn't add Ammunition because the text did not say Ammunition could be
                > made from it, it does say "Bows, crossbows, and slings bestow this power on
                > their ammunition."
                >
                > I've no objection to adding it, I see nothing specifically prohibiting it,
                > the text just made it seem unnecessary.
                >
                > What do you think?

                Sounds like a prime candidate for that 'PCGen expansion' set. Not specifically mentioned means it shouldn't be in the core set.

                Tir Gwaith
                LST Chimp
              • taluroniscandar
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 6, 2006

                  > On 2/3/06 11:47 AM, "Eddy Anthony" <eddyba@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > I didn't add Ammunition because the text did not say Ammunition
                  could be
                  > > made from it, it does say "Bows, crossbows, and slings bestow this
                  power on
                  > > their ammunition."
                  > >
                  > > I've no objection to adding it, I see nothing specifically
                  prohibiting it,
                  > > the text just made it seem unnecessary.
                  >
                  > Just read it a bit closer and saw this: "Any item could potentially
                  be made
                  > out of deep crystal."
                  >
                  > I'll go ahead and add it.

                  Okay.

                  The reason I brought up ammo is that the original post asked about
                  "ranged weapons and ammunition".