Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

[Data BUG] RSRD-Psionics: Wilder's should not have Medium and Heavy armour profs

Expand Messages
  • karianna03
    Again, something I need CVS access for, this is a quick fix for a Data Monkey! K
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 2, 2006
    • 0 Attachment
      Again, something I need CVS access for, this is a quick fix for a Data
      Monkey!

      K

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ben_craig256" <ben_craig@...> wrote:
      >
      > In v. 5.8.0, Wilders are given Medium and Heavy armor proficiency at
      > level 1 when they should only be getting light armor proficiency.
      >
    • merton_monk
      If no one else gives you the cvs permission, I should be able to do that when I get home tonight. -Bryan Benevolent Dictator of PCGen
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 2, 2006
      • 0 Attachment
        If no one else gives you the cvs permission, I should be able to do
        that when I get home tonight.

        -Bryan
        Benevolent Dictator of PCGen

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
        >
        > Again, something I need CVS access for, this is a quick fix for a Data
        > Monkey!
        >
        > K
        >
        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ben_craig256" <ben_craig@> wrote:
        > >
        > > In v. 5.8.0, Wilders are given Medium and Heavy armor proficiency at
        > > level 1 when they should only be getting light armor proficiency.
        > >
        >
      • taluroniscandar
        They are not supposed to get Martial Weapon Proficiency either. Who edited this stuff?! [whistling, eyes looking away]
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 2, 2006
        • 0 Attachment
          They are not supposed to get Martial Weapon Proficiency either.

          Who edited this stuff?! [whistling, eyes looking away]

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
          >
          > Again, something I need CVS access for, this is a quick fix for a Data
          > Monkey!
          >
          > K
          >
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ben_craig256" <ben_craig@> wrote:
          > >
          > > In v. 5.8.0, Wilders are given Medium and Heavy armor proficiency at
          > > level 1 when they should only be getting light armor proficiency.
          > >
          >
        • karianna03
          LOL, well obviously it wasn t you , but if you could fix it that would be very nice ;p. Or if you know how to
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 2, 2006
          • 0 Attachment
            LOL, well obviously it wasn't you <karianna refrains from looking at
            the CVS logs>, but if you could fix it that would be very nice ;p. Or
            if you know how to give me commit access that would be nicer!

            K

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@...> wrote:
            >
            > They are not supposed to get Martial Weapon Proficiency either.
            >
            > Who edited this stuff?! [whistling, eyes looking away]
            >
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Again, something I need CVS access for, this is a quick fix for a Data
            > > Monkey!
            > >
            > > K
            > >
            > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ben_craig256" <ben_craig@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > In v. 5.8.0, Wilders are given Medium and Heavy armor proficiency at
            > > > level 1 when they should only be getting light armor proficiency.
            > > >
            > >
            >
          • Jeramie
            First of all, let me say that I absolutely love PCGen and although this is my first time posting to this group I do read almost every message that hits my
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 2, 2006
            • 0 Attachment
              First of all, let me say that I absolutely love PCGen
              and although this is my first time posting to this
              group I do read almost every message that hits my
              inbox and you guys are great. So, that being said I
              did find a minor problem. I noticed when building a
              couple of special items that PCGen does not allow you
              to use Deep Crystal to make ranged weapons or
              ammunition. Can we get this corrected? And hopefully
              I didn't miss an errata from WotC saying it was for
              melee weapons only... Keep up the great work!

              Jeramie

              p.s. If anyone has some really good character sheets I
              could get my hands on that would be awesome!

              __________________________________________________
              Do You Yahoo!?
              Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Eddy Anthony
              ... Thanks for the compliments, us monkeys always appreciate those :) After reading the RSRD entry on that I see you are correct, there is no restriction
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 2, 2006
              • 0 Attachment
                On 2/2/06 12:53 PM, "Jeramie" <The_Winged_Lancer@...> wrote:

                > First of all, let me say that I absolutely love PCGen
                > and although this is my first time posting to this
                > group I do read almost every message that hits my
                > inbox and you guys are great. So, that being said I
                > did find a minor problem. I noticed when building a
                > couple of special items that PCGen does not allow you
                > to use Deep Crystal to make ranged weapons or
                > ammunition. Can we get this corrected? And hopefully
                > I didn't miss an errata from WotC saying it was for
                > melee weapons only... Keep up the great work!

                Thanks for the compliments, us monkeys always appreciate those :)

                After reading the RSRD entry on that I see you are correct, there is no
                restriction regarding ranged weapons.

                Looking at the code I find no restrictions to Melee weapons, what is causing
                the problem is that the EQMOD requires the original object to have the
                TYPE:Metal. Probably this came about from an interpretation of this text
                from Mundane Crystal:

                "Mundane crystal can be used in place of metal in weapons or armor, using a
                special forging process."

                and:

                "Because mundane crystal armor is considered to be made out of metal, druids
                cannot wear it."

                I guess it was concluded that only things normally made of Metal could be
                made from Crystal. The Deep Crystal entry does mention Bows, crossbows, and
                slings and I see nothing that explicitly says the object must normally be a
                metal object.

                Here's what I think needs to be done to fix it:

                On both the Crystal EQMODs remove the REPLACES:STEEL and the PRETYPE:Metal

                We don't want the PRETYPE:Metal because we want to be able to apply this to
                non-metal objects and we don't need REPLACES:STEEL because since Crystal is
                a BaseMaterial TYPE it will replace ANY other base material without that
                tag.

                Trackered:
                [ 1422813 ] [RSRD] Psionics: Deep Crystal Special Material
                <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1422813&group_id=2
                5576&atid=750091>

                > Jeramie
                >
                > p.s. If anyone has some really good character sheets I
                > could get my hands on that would be awesome!

                Do you mean Output sheets?
                We take suggestions on those as well.
                --
                ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                ~ PCGen Content Silverback
              • Jeramie
                Thanks for the quick response. I can t wait for the change to go through. I m a big fan of psionics so being able to use Deep Crystal this way will be really
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 2, 2006
                • 0 Attachment
                  Thanks for the quick response. I can't wait for the
                  change to go through. I'm a big fan of psionics so
                  being able to use Deep Crystal this way will be really
                  nice for me.

                  Yes, I meant output sheets. I'll put together some
                  notes on what I'm looking for and post them. Thanks
                  again!

                  Jeramie

                  --- Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:

                  > On 2/2/06 12:53 PM, "Jeramie"
                  > <The_Winged_Lancer@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > First of all, let me say that I absolutely love
                  > PCGen
                  > > and although this is my first time posting to this
                  > > group I do read almost every message that hits my
                  > > inbox and you guys are great. So, that being said
                  > I
                  > > did find a minor problem. I noticed when building
                  > a
                  > > couple of special items that PCGen does not allow
                  > you
                  > > to use Deep Crystal to make ranged weapons or
                  > > ammunition. Can we get this corrected? And
                  > hopefully
                  > > I didn't miss an errata from WotC saying it was
                  > for
                  > > melee weapons only... Keep up the great work!
                  >
                  > Thanks for the compliments, us monkeys always
                  > appreciate those :)
                  >
                  > After reading the RSRD entry on that I see you are
                  > correct, there is no
                  > restriction regarding ranged weapons.
                  >
                  > Looking at the code I find no restrictions to Melee
                  > weapons, what is causing
                  > the problem is that the EQMOD requires the original
                  > object to have the
                  > TYPE:Metal. Probably this came about from an
                  > interpretation of this text
                  > from Mundane Crystal:
                  >
                  > "Mundane crystal can be used in place of metal in
                  > weapons or armor, using a
                  > special forging process."
                  >
                  > and:
                  >
                  > "Because mundane crystal armor is considered to be
                  > made out of metal, druids
                  > cannot wear it."
                  >
                  > I guess it was concluded that only things normally
                  > made of Metal could be
                  > made from Crystal. The Deep Crystal entry does
                  > mention Bows, crossbows, and
                  > slings and I see nothing that explicitly says the
                  > object must normally be a
                  > metal object.
                  >
                  > Here's what I think needs to be done to fix it:
                  >
                  > On both the Crystal EQMODs remove the REPLACES:STEEL
                  > and the PRETYPE:Metal
                  >
                  > We don't want the PRETYPE:Metal because we want to
                  > be able to apply this to
                  > non-metal objects and we don't need REPLACES:STEEL
                  > because since Crystal is
                  > a BaseMaterial TYPE it will replace ANY other base
                  > material without that
                  > tag.
                  >
                  > Trackered:
                  > [ 1422813 ] [RSRD] Psionics: Deep Crystal Special
                  > Material
                  >
                  <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1422813&group_id=2
                  > 5576&atid=750091>
                  >
                  > > Jeramie
                  > >
                  > > p.s. If anyone has some really good character
                  > sheets I
                  > > could get my hands on that would be awesome!
                  >
                  > Do you mean Output sheets?
                  > We take suggestions on those as well.
                  > --
                  > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                  > ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > PCGen's release site: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net
                  > PCGen's alpha build:
                  > http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/autobuilds
                  > PCGen's FAQ:
                  > http://www.evilsoft.org/pcgen/docs/
                  > Yahoo! Groups Links
                  >
                  >
                  > pcgen-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >


                  Jeramie Brown
                  The_Winged_Lancer@...
                  Rapto Oryx

                  __________________________________________________
                  Do You Yahoo!?
                  Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • sal smith
                  You ll have to write the info from PCGen by hand but to get something a little flashier than the plain output sheet, go here, they have tons of character
                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 2, 2006
                  • 0 Attachment
                    You'll have to write the info from PCGen by hand but to get something a little flashier than the plain output sheet, go here, they have tons of character sheets, all free (just like our beloved PCGen)

                    http://www.rpgsheets.com/

                    > p.s. If anyone has some really good character sheets I
                    > could get my hands on that would be awesome!

                    Do you mean Output sheets?
                    We take suggestions on those as well.
                    --
                    ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                    ~ PCGen Content Silverback




                    PCGen's release site: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net
                    PCGen's alpha build: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/autobuilds
                    PCGen's FAQ:
                    http://www.evilsoft.org/pcgen/docs/



                    SPONSORED LINKS
                    Role playing games Online role playing games Role playing games online

                    ---------------------------------
                    YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS


                    Visit your group "pcgen" on the web.

                    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                    pcgen-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

                    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.


                    ---------------------------------





                    ---------------------------------
                    Relax. Yahoo! Mail virus scanning helps detect nasty viruses!

                    [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                  • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
                    Not to be rude (well, a just a little), but the reason this wasn t fixed a while back (like right after I saw the post 2 days ago) is because there wasn t a
                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 2, 2006
                    • 0 Attachment
                      Not to be rude (well, a just a little), but the reason this wasn't fixed a while back (like right after I saw the post 2 days ago) is because there wasn't a tracker. I finally made one just now (I hate making trackers)...

                      And we restrict Data Commit access to CVS for CORE (msrd, srd30, srd35, Spycraft at this point) sources to prevent accidental commits for mis-understandings. It really helps.Did you actually look it up in the RTF before deciding that the change was correct? I did, and then got distracted by dinner before posting for a TM to make me a tracker... Also fixed the Weapon proficeincy for the class while I was looking at both. Now that I've made a tracker, I fixed it in both HEAD and branch_5_8_0 (so it will be in 5.8.1), and closed the tracker.

                      All data monkeys part of the project (and I'd love to have more join it - last I checked it was still open inventation) have access to the /alpha, and the non-core directory subsets of /d20ogl and /permissioned. This is planned to continue after we merge the projects. The adding the directory thing is not in the avail script, since we don't expect to add directories very often, especially outside of /data. While I'm in the Avail script adding you, Kar, I'm updating it for all the publishers we have in /d20ogl that have been added recently.

                      Tir Gwaith
                      LST Chimp

                      > Again, something I need CVS access for, this is a quick fix for a Data
                      > Monkey!
                      >
                      > K
                      >
                      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ben_craig256" <ben_craig@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > In v. 5.8.0, Wilders are given Medium and Heavy armor proficiency at
                      > > level 1 when they should only be getting light armor proficiency.
                      > >
                    • karianna03
                      Hey Tir, ... That s my bad, should ve made a tracker straight away (my intention was to create one when I fixed the bug). Quite right for you to be annoyed
                      Message 10 of 17 , Feb 3, 2006
                      • 0 Attachment
                        Hey Tir,

                        >Not to be rude (well, a just a little), but the reason this wasn't
                        >fixed a while back (like right after I saw the post 2 days ago) is
                        >because there wasn't a tracker. I finally made one just now (I hate
                        >making trackers)...

                        That's my bad, should've made a tracker straight away (my intention
                        was to create one when I fixed the bug). Quite right for you to be
                        annoyed :-)

                        >And we restrict Data Commit access to CVS for CORE (msrd, srd30,
                        >srd35, Spycraft at this point) sources to prevent accidental commits
                        >for mis-understandings. It really helps.Did you actually look it up
                        >in the RTF before deciding that the change was correct?

                        Yeah I did check the RTF, I was just commiting a test comment first to
                        make sure that I could commit (I remember having trouble ages ago when
                        I tried to fix a spelling mistake). It's a good call actually, that
                        we need to make doubly sure that the latest source document
                        (especially SRD and RSRD) are followed, have we got a _definitive_
                        document for the RSRD and SRD that we should always refer to? I
                        usually check the RSRD and SRD online, but I'm aware that there are
                        fixes and changes to those.....

                        >I did, and then got distracted by dinner before posting for a TM to
                        >make me a tracker... Also fixed the Weapon proficeincy for the class
                        >while I was looking at both. Now that I've made a tracker, I fixed
                        >it in both HEAD and branch_5_8_0 (so it will be in 5.8.1), and closed
                        >the tracker.

                        Saw that, thanks :-)

                        > All data monkeys part of the project (and I'd love to have more join
                        >it - last I checked it was still open inventation) have access to the
                        >/alpha, and the non-core directory subsets of /d20ogl and
                        >/permissioned. This is planned to continue after we merge the
                        >projects. The adding the directory thing is not in the avail script,
                        >since we don't expect to add directories very often, especially
                        >outside of /data. While I'm in the Avail script adding you, Kar, I'm
                        >updating it for all the publishers we have in /d20ogl that have been
                        >added recently.

                        Excellent, thanks again I look forward to making some small data fixes
                        (I might even learn the syntax beyond Lemur status one day ;p)

                        Karianna
                      • Frank Kliewe
                        ... In the top level of PCGenDM you can find a folder called Publisher Source Material . In that folder you will find the copies of the various SRDs that the
                        Message 11 of 17 , Feb 3, 2006
                        • 0 Attachment
                          > I tried to fix a spelling mistake). It's a good call actually, that
                          > we need to make doubly sure that the latest source document
                          > (especially SRD and RSRD) are followed, have we got a _definitive_
                          > document for the RSRD and SRD that we should always refer to? I
                          > usually check the RSRD and SRD online, but I'm aware that there are
                          > fixes and changes to those.....
                          >

                          In the top level of PCGenDM you can find a folder called "Publisher Source
                          Material". In that folder you will find the copies of the various SRDs that
                          the Data Team uses.

                          Cheerio,

                          Frank Kliewe
                          PCGen Data Chimp, OS & TM Lemur
                          The Modern Monkey

                          --
                          By the authority vested in me by Kaiser William II, I pronounce you man and
                          wife. Proceed with the execution. (Captain of 'Louisa' in "The African
                          Queen", 1951)
                        • taluroniscandar
                          ... PRETYPE:Metal ... this to ... Crystal is ...
                          Message 12 of 17 , Feb 3, 2006
                          • 0 Attachment
                            >
                            > Here's what I think needs to be done to fix it:
                            >
                            > On both the Crystal EQMODs remove the REPLACES:STEEL and the
                            PRETYPE:Metal
                            >
                            > We don't want the PRETYPE:Metal because we want to be able to apply
                            this to
                            > non-metal objects and we don't need REPLACES:STEEL because since
                            Crystal is
                            > a BaseMaterial TYPE it will replace ANY other base material without that
                            > tag.
                            >
                            > Trackered:
                            > [ 1422813 ] [RSRD] Psionics: Deep Crystal Special Material
                            >
                            <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1422813&group_id=2
                            > 5576&atid=750091>

                            You also need to
                            1. add Ammunition to the TYPE tag
                            2. BONUS:ITEMCOST|TYPE.Ammunition|300 or
                            BONUS:ITEMCOST|TYPE.Ammunition|6 or whatever is correct. No SRD as the
                            moment. You used to be able to put in the per 50 cost and PCGen would
                            divide smaller quantities of ammo out to the proper cost. Don't know
                            if that's been changed.

                            or it won't

                            1. show up to be chosen
                            2. price correctly

                            I did not add this to the above Tracker as it is listed as Closed.
                          • Eddy Anthony
                            ... I didn t add Ammunition because the text did not say Ammunition could be made from it, it does say Bows, crossbows, and slings bestow this power on their
                            Message 13 of 17 , Feb 3, 2006
                            • 0 Attachment
                              On 2/3/06 11:15 AM, "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@...> wrote:

                              > You also need to
                              > 1. add Ammunition to the TYPE tag
                              > 2. BONUS:ITEMCOST|TYPE.Ammunition|300 or
                              > BONUS:ITEMCOST|TYPE.Ammunition|6 or whatever is correct. No SRD as the
                              > moment. You used to be able to put in the per 50 cost and PCGen would
                              > divide smaller quantities of ammo out to the proper cost. Don't know
                              > if that's been changed.
                              >
                              > or it won't
                              >
                              > 1. show up to be chosen
                              > 2. price correctly

                              I didn't add Ammunition because the text did not say Ammunition could be
                              made from it, it does say "Bows, crossbows, and slings bestow this power on
                              their ammunition."

                              I've no objection to adding it, I see nothing specifically prohibiting it,
                              the text just made it seem unnecessary.

                              What do you think?
                              --
                              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                              ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                            • Eddy Anthony
                              ... Just read it a bit closer and saw this: Any item could potentially be made out of deep crystal. I ll go ahead and add it. -- ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT) ~
                              Message 14 of 17 , Feb 3, 2006
                              • 0 Attachment
                                On 2/3/06 11:47 AM, "Eddy Anthony" <eddyba@...> wrote:

                                > I didn't add Ammunition because the text did not say Ammunition could be
                                > made from it, it does say "Bows, crossbows, and slings bestow this power on
                                > their ammunition."
                                >
                                > I've no objection to adding it, I see nothing specifically prohibiting it,
                                > the text just made it seem unnecessary.

                                Just read it a bit closer and saw this: "Any item could potentially be made
                                out of deep crystal."

                                I'll go ahead and add it.
                                --
                                ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                                ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                              • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
                                ... Sounds like a prime candidate for that PCGen expansion set. Not specifically mentioned means it shouldn t be in the core set. Tir Gwaith LST Chimp
                                Message 15 of 17 , Feb 3, 2006
                                • 0 Attachment
                                  > I didn't add Ammunition because the text did not say Ammunition could be
                                  > made from it, it does say "Bows, crossbows, and slings bestow this power on
                                  > their ammunition."
                                  >
                                  > I've no objection to adding it, I see nothing specifically prohibiting it,
                                  > the text just made it seem unnecessary.
                                  >
                                  > What do you think?

                                  Sounds like a prime candidate for that 'PCGen expansion' set. Not specifically mentioned means it shouldn't be in the core set.

                                  Tir Gwaith
                                  LST Chimp
                                • taluroniscandar
                                  ... could be ... power on ... prohibiting it, ... be made ... Okay. The reason I brought up ammo is that the original post asked about ranged weapons and
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Feb 6, 2006
                                  • 0 Attachment
                                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:
                                    >
                                    > On 2/3/06 11:47 AM, "Eddy Anthony" <eddyba@...> wrote:
                                    >
                                    > > I didn't add Ammunition because the text did not say Ammunition
                                    could be
                                    > > made from it, it does say "Bows, crossbows, and slings bestow this
                                    power on
                                    > > their ammunition."
                                    > >
                                    > > I've no objection to adding it, I see nothing specifically
                                    prohibiting it,
                                    > > the text just made it seem unnecessary.
                                    >
                                    > Just read it a bit closer and saw this: "Any item could potentially
                                    be made
                                    > out of deep crystal."
                                    >
                                    > I'll go ahead and add it.

                                    Okay.

                                    The reason I brought up ammo is that the original post asked about
                                    "ranged weapons and ammunition".
                                  Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.