Wealth and D20 Modern

  • Mike Mitchell
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 25, 2006
      I was tinkering with PCGen (5.9.4) using the MSRD settings and noticed
      that there doesn't seem to be a Profession check against a DC of the
      current wealth level during the levelling up. Is this an over sight or
      am I misunderstanding the wealth rules?

      Thanks for your time and help with this.

      Mike
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 25, 2006
        Not an oversight. Just not something we can do at this time. Frank's
        worked up a good spec for the Wealth system, but implementation discussion
        hasn't really taken place. Looking for volunteer Code Monkeys for that
        project....

        Tir Gwaith
        LST Chimp

        > I was tinkering with PCGen (5.9.4) using the MSRD settings and noticed
        > that there doesn't seem to be a Profession check against a DC of the
        > current wealth level during the levelling up. Is this an over sight or
        > am I misunderstanding the wealth rules?
        >
        > Thanks for your time and help with this.
        >
        > Mike
      • Frank Kliewe
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 25, 2006

          Hi Mike,

          As Tir said, the Wealth system is not really implemented into PCGen right
          now.

          You can enter your starting Wealth score when creating a new character,
          which is needed because there are other things that depend on that, but
          after that there is no automated rising of Wealth in our files, just like
          buying and selling equipment do not really work.

          All you can do right now is to make all necessary checks on your own, but in
          the 'Inventory' tab you will find a 'Temporary Bonuses" sub-tab. If you open
          the 'Templates' tree of the upper left pane of that sub-tab, you will find a
          'Wealth Adjustment' template there. This can be used to modify your Wealth
          according to the changes that have come up in play, so you will at least be
          able to get your current Wealth score printed into your character sheet. Oh,
          and remember to check the 'Ignore Cost' box before buying equipment.

          Sorry, but an implementation of the "real thing" will still take some time.

          Cheerio,

          Frank Kliewe
          PCGen Data Chimp, OS & TM Lemur

          --
          By the authority vested in me by Kaiser William II, I pronounce you man and
          wife. Proceed with the execution. (Captain of 'Louisa' in "The African
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 25, 2006
            Thanks for the responses guys - I suspected that it might be a tad
            difficult as it's not just a simple dice roll increment lir HP
            f'rinstance. And thanks for the tip about the temp bonuses.