[Announce] PCGen 5.8.1 RC2 Mac installer is available

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2006
      Get it while it's hot ;-)

      <http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/pcgen/pcgen580_mac_install.dmg?download>

      Let me repeat some info regarding the new configuration of the Mac install:

      I've changed the configuration of the Package. Now ALL the PCGen files are
      contained within the PCGen.app. So instead of a folder with the app and the
      data, docs, lib and other folders you will see just the "PCGen 5.8.1"
      application by itself and not inside a folder at all. Everything works same
      as before the only difference is that in order to access the files you will
      need to control-click on the PCGen.app and choose "Show Package Contents".
      You can always go to the location preference and point PCGen to folder in
      other locations outside of the app if you need to.

      One nice benefit to this is that it cuts about 9 or 10mb off the download,
      this is because the lib folder needed to be both inside and outside the app
      but now with everything inside there is no duplication.

      Many Mac applications are being bundled in this way but it is a matter of
      preference, also there may be reasons I'm unaware of that might make this a
      bad idea. I'd like to get feedback from our Mac users on this configuration
      good or bad so a decision can be made as to if this should be the new
      default configuration or not.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback