Re: [pcgen] Re: Problem with loading

  • Kent P
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 13, 2006
      Forgive if it's obvious, but did you delete your .ini files to remove
      any references that have changed?

      kent

      On 1/13/06, K. Asay <ktasay@...> wrote:
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@v...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > I recently re-installed WXP, and with it my version of PCG 5.80. Now
      > > > I can't load any characters, or even save the options.
      > > >
      > > > Has anyone else encountered this, and is there a fix for it?
      > >
      > > Since you re-installed your operating system, you may have to re-load
      > > java. What do you get when you type
      > >
      > > java -version
      > >
      > > at the command prompt?
      > >
      > > Paul W. King
      > > OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon
      > >

      > Last message didn't go through... Version 1.5.0_06

      > PCGen's FAQ:
      > http://www.evilsoft.org/pcgen/docs/
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 13, 2006
        Hi,

        On 14/01/2006 5:58 AM K. Asay wrote

        >I recently re-installed WXP, and with it my version of PCG 5.80. Now
        >I can't load any characters, or even save the options.
        >
        >Has anyone else encountered this, and is there a fix for it?

        Check out this older thread:
        solution for you.

        Cheers,
        James Dempsey
        PCGen Code Gibbon
      • K. Asay
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 13, 2006
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@a...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > On 14/01/2006 5:58 AM K. Asay wrote
          >
          > >I recently re-installed WXP, and with it my version of PCG 5.80. Now
          > >I can't load any characters, or even save the options.
          > >
          > >Has anyone else encountered this, and is there a fix for it?
          > >

          > Check out this older thread:
          > solution for you.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > James Dempsey
          > PCGen Code Gibbon

          Weird but it works if I switch to XP to 'classic' mode. Makes me
          wonder why I didn't have to do that originally... Ah well, as long as
          it will work :-) Cheers and thanks!

          KA