Re: Problem with loading

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 13, 2006
      > I recently re-installed WXP, and with it my version of PCG 5.80. Now
      > I can't load any characters, or even save the options.
      >
      > Has anyone else encountered this, and is there a fix for it?

      Since you re-installed your operating system, you may have to re-load
      java. What do you get when you type

      java -version

      at the command prompt?

      Paul W. King
      OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon
    • K. Asay
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 13, 2006
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@v...> wrote:

        > > I recently re-installed WXP, and with it my version of PCG 5.80. Now
        > > I can't load any characters, or even save the options.
        > >
        > > Has anyone else encountered this, and is there a fix for it?
        >
        > Since you re-installed your operating system, you may have to re-load
        > java. What do you get when you type
        >
        > java -version
        >
        > at the command prompt?
        >
        > Paul W. King
        > OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon

        Last message didn't go through... Version 1.5.0_06
      • Kent P
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 13, 2006
          Forgive if it's obvious, but did you delete your .ini files to remove
          any references that have changed?

          kent

          On 1/13/06, K. Asay <ktasay@...> wrote:
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@v...> wrote:
          > >
          > > > I recently re-installed WXP, and with it my version of PCG 5.80. Now
          > > > I can't load any characters, or even save the options.
          > > >
          > > > Has anyone else encountered this, and is there a fix for it?
          > >
          > > Since you re-installed your operating system, you may have to re-load
          > > java. What do you get when you type
          > >
          > > java -version
          > >
          > > at the command prompt?
          > >
          > > Paul W. King
          > > OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon
          > >

          > Last message didn't go through... Version 1.5.0_06

          > PCGen's FAQ:
          > http://www.evilsoft.org/pcgen/docs/
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • James Dempsey
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 13, 2006
            Hi,

            On 14/01/2006 5:58 AM K. Asay wrote

            >I recently re-installed WXP, and with it my version of PCG 5.80. Now
            >I can't load any characters, or even save the options.
            >
            >Has anyone else encountered this, and is there a fix for it?

            Check out this older thread:
            solution for you.

            Cheers,
            James Dempsey
            PCGen Code Gibbon
          • K. Asay
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 13, 2006
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@a...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              >
              > On 14/01/2006 5:58 AM K. Asay wrote
              >
              > >I recently re-installed WXP, and with it my version of PCG 5.80. Now
              > >I can't load any characters, or even save the options.
              > >
              > >Has anyone else encountered this, and is there a fix for it?
              > >

              > Check out this older thread:
              > solution for you.
              >
              > Cheers,
              > James Dempsey
              > PCGen Code Gibbon

              Weird but it works if I switch to XP to 'classic' mode. Makes me
              wonder why I didn't have to do that originally... Ah well, as long as
              it will work :-) Cheers and thanks!

              KA