Re: question for the data monkeys

  • wireframe6464
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 12, 2006
      This all looks perfectly normal to me. The output does not contain
      any errors (all of the lines are prefixed with "INFO"). I even see it
      spitting out the sql to load skills. Most of the info messages that
      say, "Missing....." is because I haven't localized the application
      yet.

      Again, I don't see any problem just looking at the log file. Can you
      describe what happens when you try to run the batch file? Does the
      application actually come up?
    • Terry FitzSimons
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 12, 2006
        Yes it actually does come up but, from using PcGen, when I get messages in
        the .bat screen, they are usually errors that something is wrong. I hope
        sometime in the future you get around to suppressing these types of
        messages. I guess tomorrow I will play with it some.

        --

        Terry FitzSimons
        FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 15, 2006
          I really appreciate the feedback I've gotten thus far, and it seems
          like there's still a pretty high barrier for users to get up and
          running with shard, so I've done some work to try and remove that barrier.

          If you're looking to get a quick feel of what shard is like, it might
          not get any easier after today. =) I just re-wrote the data import
          tool so that shard can now import an entire pcgen dataset in one shot,
          instead of forcing users to import each file individually.

          Once you fire up shard for the first time, just click File > Import
          and point to the pcgen dataset you want to import (any directory under
          pcgen/data/ that has .LST files), and you'll be up and running.

          This feature is only available in the 0.4.0-SNAPSHOT version, but the
          official 0.4.0 release is nearing completion!

          https://shard.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=4565