Re: [pcgen] [BUG] SPELLLIST with multiple lists

  • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 9, 2006
      > I'm working on the Guardian Naga which casts as a Sorcerer but can pick
      > spells off the Cleric, Good and Law spell lists. I had thought a way to do
      > this would be to set up the Guardian Naga monster class with the same spell
      > tags as the Sorcerer and then add a SPELLLIST:4|Cleric|Good|Law|Sorcerer
      > tag.

      Doing it that way means if the user adds Sorcerer levels, they won't stack with the base race levels.

      Tir Gwaith
      LST Chimp
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 11, 2006
        thoron-tir-gwaith@... scribed:

        >> I'm working on the Guardian Naga which casts as a Sorcerer but can pick
        >> spells off the Cleric, Good and Law spell lists. I had thought a way to do
        >> this would be to set up the Guardian Naga monster class with the same spell
        >> tags as the Sorcerer and then add a SPELLLIST:4|Cleric|Good|Law|Sorcerer
        >> tag.
        >
        > Doing it that way means if the user adds Sorcerer levels, they won't stack
        > with the base race levels.

        True but I can't think of a better way to do it.

        This may be incorrect (and a way to get the rules lawyers hooting) but I'm
        not sure it SHOULD stack, the text says it casts AS a Sorcerer but does that
        mean it IS a Sorcerer?

        At any rate that doesn't help me determine if SPELLLIST is bugged or not.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback