[BUG] SPELLLIST with multiple lists

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 9, 2006
      I'm working on the Guardian Naga which casts as a Sorcerer but can pick
      spells off the Cleric, Good and Law spell lists. I had thought a way to do
      this would be to set up the Guardian Naga monster class with the same spell
      tags as the Sorcerer and then add a SPELLLIST:4|Cleric|Good|Law|Sorcerer
      tag.

      In fact this works, a problem manifests once you same the character and
      reopen it, a series of warning windows pop up saying "Warning: Could not
      find <spell x> in PCClass Guardian Naga". Oddly enough once you get through
      all the error messages the spells are still there and everything works.

      This problem does not manifest if only one spell list is used.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 9, 2006
        > I'm working on the Guardian Naga which casts as a Sorcerer but can pick
        > spells off the Cleric, Good and Law spell lists. I had thought a way to do
        > this would be to set up the Guardian Naga monster class with the same spell
        > tags as the Sorcerer and then add a SPELLLIST:4|Cleric|Good|Law|Sorcerer
        > tag.

        Doing it that way means if the user adds Sorcerer levels, they won't stack with the base race levels.

        Tir Gwaith
        LST Chimp
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 11, 2006
          thoron-tir-gwaith@... scribed:

          >> I'm working on the Guardian Naga which casts as a Sorcerer but can pick
          >> spells off the Cleric, Good and Law spell lists. I had thought a way to do
          >> this would be to set up the Guardian Naga monster class with the same spell
          >> tags as the Sorcerer and then add a SPELLLIST:4|Cleric|Good|Law|Sorcerer
          >> tag.
          >
          > Doing it that way means if the user adds Sorcerer levels, they won't stack
          > with the base race levels.

          True but I can't think of a better way to do it.

          This may be incorrect (and a way to get the rules lawyers hooting) but I'm
          not sure it SHOULD stack, the text says it casts AS a Sorcerer but does that
          mean it IS a Sorcerer?

          At any rate that doesn't help me determine if SPELLLIST is bugged or not.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Content Silverback