Re: question for the data monkeys

  • wireframe6464
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 8, 2006
      I just uploaded a new snapshot of shard which has improved importing
      of pcgen data if you'd like to give it a spin.

      https://shard.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=4565

      Let me know if you have any issues or questions.
    • Terry FitzSimons
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 10, 2006
        Well it won't be straight forward. The 3.0 version was full of exception
        errors when I installed it. Tried twice with directory deletes between and
        twice without deletes. Is there a newsgroup somewhere as its not showing
        up on the updated newsgroups download from the ISP. That I can post the
        exceptions that showed up?

        Checked on your "FAQ/Getting started document" and could not find it on the
        page.

        As far as the blank entry lines. There are maybe 12 to 20 items for an
        entry needed at most and it would be nice to click and get the document
        entry out of PcGen's directory as to what is expected in the CHOOSE entry
        for FEATS page.

        --

        Terry FitzSimons
        FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 11, 2006
          You can post your exceptions on the project forums
          (http://forum.codecrate.com), or email them to me directly (wireframe
          <AT> dev.java.net). I'd be very interested to see what the problem is
          since i've got several of my d20 gamers to use it without issues. The
          only OS i haven't tested out is MacOSX, so if you're running a mac,
          i'm not sure how it will perform.

          The FAQ isn't that extensive, but it is on the page I pointed to
          before. See the "Mini FAQ" section.

          I would definately recommend trying the 0.4.0-SNAPSHOT version since
          that has the experimental PCGen import.

          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 11, 2006
            Well I'm running a HP Pavilion 500
            XP Home edition SP2
            Java Ver. 1.4.2.05(buidb04)

            The exception starts out as follows since the .bat window only keeps a
            certain amount in the window before it tosses the oldest I caught three
            snapshots.

            Snapshot 1:

            C:\Program Files\Shard-Phoenix\shard-phoenix>java -classpath "." -jar
            ./shard-ph
            oenix-0.3.0.jar
            Jan 11, 2006 7:57:35 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.application.ApplicationLa
            uncher loadStartupContext
            INFO: Loading startup context...
            Jan 11, 2006 7:57:35 PM
            org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionR
            eader loadBeanDefinitions
            INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource
            [richclient-startup-
            context.xml]
            Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
            org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableA
            pplicationContext refreshBeanFactory
            INFO: Bean factory for application context
            [org.springframework.context.support.
            ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;hashCode=31393597]:
            org.springframework.beans.fac
            tory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans [splashScreen]; root
            of B
            eanFactory hierarchy
            Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
            org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
            ontext refresh
            INFO: 1 beans defined in application context
            [org.springframework.context.suppor
            t.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;hashCode=31393597]
            Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM org.springframework.core.CollectionFactory <clinit>
            INFO: JDK 1.4+ collections available
            Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
            org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
            ontext initMessageSource
            INFO: Unable to locate MessageSource with name 'messageSource': using
            default [o
            rg.springframework.context.support.DelegatingMessageSource@1c282a1]
            Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
            org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
            ontext initApplicationEventMulticaster
            INFO: Unable to locate ApplicationEventMulticaster with name
            'applicationEventMu
            lticaster': using default
            [org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEv
            entMulticaster@19b5393]
            Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
            org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListabl
            eBeanFactory preInstantiateSingletons
            INFO: Pre-instantiating singletons in factory
            [org.springframework.beans.factory
            .support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans [splashScreen]; root of
            BeanF
            actory hierarchy]
            Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
            org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionR
            eader loadBeanDefinitions
            INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource
            [richclient-applicat
            ion-context.xml]
            Jan 11, 2006 7:57:37 PM
            org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionR
            eader loadBeanDefinitions
            INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource
            [shard-hibernate-con
            text.xml]
            Jan 11, 2006 7:57:37 PM
            org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionR
            eader loadBeanDefinitions
            INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource
            [shard-datasource.xm
            l]
            Jan 11, 2006 7:57:38 PM
            org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableA
            pplicationContext refreshBeanFactory
            INFO: Bean factory for application context
            [org.springframework.context.support.
            ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;hashCode=1111763]:
            org.springframework.beans.fact
            ory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans
            [application,lifecycleAdvi
            sor,applicationDescriptor,applicationObjectConfigurer,applicationEventMulticaste
            r,componentFactory,lookAndFeelConfigurer,messageSource,imageResourcesFactory,ima
            geSource,iconSource,formComponentInterceptorFactory,formPropertyFaceDescriptorSo
            urce,searchComponent,skillManagerView,skillImporter,skillManager,featManagerView
            ,featImporter,featManager,itemManagerView,itemManager,raceManagerView,raceManage
            r,sessionFactory,transactionManager,transactionTemplate,luceneSearcher,objectInd
            exer,analyzer,skillDao,featDao,abilityDao,alignmentDao,abilityScoreDao,character
            ClassDao,encumberanceDao,languageDao,raceDao,itemDao,characterDao,currencyDao,da
            taSource,directoryManager]; root of BeanFactory hierarchy
            Jan 11, 2006 7:57:38 PM
            org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
            ontext refresh
            INFO: 44 beans defined in application context
            [org.springframework.context.suppo
            rt.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;hashCode=1111763]
            Jan 11, 2006 7:57:38 PM
            org.springframework.core.io.support.PropertiesLoaderSupp
            ort loadProperties
            INFO: Loading properties file from class path resource
            [org/springframework/rich
            client/image/images.properties]
            Jan 11, 2006 7:57:38 PM
            org.springframework.core.io.support.PropertiesLoaderSupp
            ort loadProperties
            INFO: Loading properties file from class path resource [images.properties]
            Jan 11, 2006 7:57:38 PM
            org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
            ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
            INFO: Bean 'imageResourcesFactory' is not eligible for getting processed by
            all
            BeanPostProcessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
            Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
            org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
            ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
            INFO: Bean 'imageSource' is not eligible for getting processed by all
            BeanPostPr
            ocessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
            Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
            org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
            ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
            INFO: Bean 'iconSource' is not eligible for getting processed by all
            BeanPostPro
            cessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
            Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
            org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
            ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
            INFO: Bean 'messageSource' is not eligible for getting processed by all
            BeanPost
            Processors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
            Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
            org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
            ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
            INFO: Bean 'applicationObjectConfigurer' is not eligible for getting
            processed b
            y all BeanPostProcessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
            Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
            org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
            ontext initMessageSource
            INFO: Using MessageSource
            [org.springframework.context.support.ResourceBundleMes
            sageSource:
            basenames=[messages,org.springframework.richclient.application.messa
            ges]]
            Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
            org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
            ontext initApplicationEventMulticaster
            INFO: Using ApplicationEventMulticaster
            [org.springframework.context.event.Simpl
            eApplicationEventMulticaster@c743eb]
            Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
[...]
            Jan 11, 2006 7:57:46 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.core.LabeledObjectSupport
            getDisplayName
            INFO: This labeled object's display name is not configured; returning
            'displayNa
            me'
            Jan 11, 2006 7:57:46 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
            tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
            INFO: Labeled property message code 'applicationDescriptor.label' does not
            exist
            in message bundle; continuing...
            Jan 11, 2006 7:57:46 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
            tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadImage
            INFO: Labelable bean's image 'applicationDescriptor.image' does not exist
            in ima
            ge bundle; continuing...
            Jan 11, 2006 7:58:12 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
            tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
            INFO: Labeled property message code 'skillManagerView.title' does not exist
            in m
            essage bundle; continuing...
            Jan 11, 2006 7:58:12 PM
[...]
            INFO: Labeled property message code 'skillManagerView.description' does not
            exis
            t in message bundle; continuing...
            Jan 11, 2006 7:58:12 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
            tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadImage
            INFO: Labelable bean's image 'skillManagerView.image' does not exist in
            image bu
            ndle; continuing...
            Jan 11, 2006 7:58:12 PM
            org.springframework.aop.framework.DefaultAopProxyFactory
            <clinit>
            INFO: CGLIB2 available: proxyTargetClass feature enabled
            Jan 11, 2006 7:58:13 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Environment <clinit>
            INFO: Hibernate 2.1.8
            Jan 11, 2006 7:58:13 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Environment <clinit>
            INFO: hibernate.properties not found
            Jan 11, 2006 7:58:13 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Environment <clinit>
            INFO: using CGLIB reflection optimizer
            Jan 11, 2006 7:58:13 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Environment <clinit>
            INFO: using JDK 1.4 java.sql.Timestamp handling
            Jan 11, 2006 7:58:13 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
            INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.ability.PointCostValue ->
            SHA_ABILITY_P
            OINT_COST
            Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
            INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.character.DefaultPlayerCharacter
            -> SHA
            _CHARACTER
            Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.type.CustomType <init>
            WARNING: custom type does not implement Serializable: class
            com.codecrate.shard.
            character.AlignmentUserType
            Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
            INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.equipment.DefaultItem -> SHA_ITEM
            Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.type.CustomType <init>
            WARNING: custom type does not implement Serializable: class
            com.codecrate.shard.
            equipment.MoneyUserType
            Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
            INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.feat.DefaultFeat -> SHA_FEAT
            Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
            INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.kit.DefaultCharacterClass ->
            SHA_CLASS
            Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindCollection
            INFO: Mapping collection:
            com.codecrate.shard.kit.DefaultCharacterClass.classSki
            lls -> SHA_CLASS_SKILL
            Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindCollection
            INFO: Mapping collection:
            com.codecrate.shard.kit.DefaultCharacterClass.bonusLan
            guages -> SHA_CLASS_LANGUAGE
            Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
            INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.movement.EncumberanceEntry ->
            SHA_ENCUM
            BERANCE_ENTRY
            Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
            INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.race.DefaultLanguage ->
            SHA_LANGUAGE
            Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
            INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.race.DefaultRace -> SHA_RACE
            Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
            INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.skill.DefaultSkill -> SHA_SKILL
            Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.type.CustomType <init>
            WARNING: custom type does not implement Serializable: class
            com.codecrate.shard.
            ability.AbilityUserType
            Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindCollection
            INFO: Mapping collection:
            com.codecrate.shard.skill.DefaultSkill.childSkillSyner
            gies -> SHA_SKILL_SYNERGY
            Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM
            org.springframework.orm.hibernate.LocalSessionFactoryBea
            n afterPropertiesSet
            INFO: Building new Hibernate SessionFactory
            Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration
            secondPassCompile
            INFO: processing one-to-many association mappings
            Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration
            secondPassCompile
            INFO: processing one-to-one association property references
            Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration
            secondPassCompile
            INFO: processing foreign key constraints
            Jan 11, 2006 7:58:15 PM net.sf.hibernate.dialect.Dialect <init>
            INFO: Using dialect: net.sf.hibernate.dialect.HSQLDialect
            Jan 11, 2006 7:58:15 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory buildSettings
            INFO: Use outer join fetching: true
            Jan 11, 2006 7:58:15 PM
            net.sf.hibernate.connection.ConnectionProviderFactory ne
            wConnectionProvider
            INFO: Initializing connection provider:
            org.springframework.orm.hibernate.LocalD
            ataSourceConnectionProvider
            Jan 11, 2006 7:58:15 PM
            net.sf.hibernate.transaction.TransactionManagerLookupFac
            tory getTransactionManagerLookup
            INFO: No TransactionManagerLookup configured (in JTA environment, use of
            process
            level read-write cache is not recommended)
            Terminate batch job (Y/N)?

            Snapshot 2:

            sage bundle; continuing...
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'fileMenu.icon'; returning
            a <nu
            ll> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'fileMenu.large.icon';
            returning
            a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
            tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
            INFO: Labeled property message code 'editMenu.description' does not exist
            in mes
            sage bundle; continuing...
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'editMenu.icon'; returning
            a <nu
            ll> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'editMenu.large.icon';
            returning
            a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
            tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
            INFO: Labeled property message code 'newWindowCommand.description' does not
            exis
            t in message bundle; continuing...
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'newWindowCommand.icon';
            returni
            ng a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
            'newWindowCommand.large.icon'; r
            eturning a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
[...]
            INFO: Labeled property message code 'showViewMenu.caption' does not exist
            in mes
            sage bundle; continuing...
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
            tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
            INFO: Labeled property message code 'showViewMenu.description' does not
            exist in
            message bundle; continuing...
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'showViewMenu.icon';
            returning a
            <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'showViewMenu.large.icon';
            retur
            ning a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.command.AbstractCommand g
            etOrCreateFaceDescriptor
            INFO: Lazily instantiating default face descriptor on behalf of caller to
            preven
            t npe; command is being configured manually, right?
[...]
            INFO: Labeled property message code 'windowMenu.description' does not exist
            in m
            essage bundle; continuing...
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'windowMenu.icon';
            returning a <
            null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'windowMenu.large.icon';
            returni
            ng a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
            tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
            INFO: Labeled property message code 'helpContentsCommand.description' does
            not e
            xist in message bundle; continuing...
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
            'helpContentsCommand.selectedIco
            n'; returning a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
            'helpContentsCommand.rolloverIco
            n'; returning a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
            'helpContentsCommand.disabledIco
            n'; returning a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
            'helpContentsCommand.pressedIcon
            '; returning a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
            'helpContentsCommand.large.icon'
            ; returning a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
[...]
            INFO: Labeled property message code 'aboutCommand.description' does not
            exist in
            message bundle; continuing...
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'aboutCommand.icon';
            returning a
            <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'aboutCommand.large.icon';
            retur
            ning a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
[...]
            INFO: Labeled property message code 'helpMenu.description' does not exist
            in mes
            sage bundle; continuing...
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'helpMenu.icon'; returning
            a <nu
            ll> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'helpMenu.large.icon';
            returning
            a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
            tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
            INFO: Labeled property message code 'menuBar.label' does not exist in
            message bu
            ndle; continuing...
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
            tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
            INFO: Labeled property message code 'menuBar.caption' does not exist in
            message
            bundle; continuing...
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
            tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
            INFO: Labeled property message code 'menuBar.description' does not exist in
            mess
            age bundle; continuing...
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'menuBar.icon'; returning a
            <nul
            l> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'menuBar.large.icon';
            returning
            a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
            tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
            INFO: Labeled property message code 'toolBar.label' does not exist in
            message bu
            ndle; continuing...
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
            tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
            INFO: Labeled property message code 'toolBar.caption' does not exist in
            message
            bundle; continuing...
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
            tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
            INFO: Labeled property message code 'toolBar.description' does not exist in
            mess
            age bundle; continuing...
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'toolBar.icon'; returning a
            <nul
            l> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'toolBar.large.icon';
            returning
            a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 8:01:32 PM
            org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.JdbcTransactionObjec
            tSupport <clinit>
            INFO: JDBC 3.0 Savepoint class is available
            Jan 11, 2006 8:01:32 PM
            org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionR
            eader loadBeanDefinitions
            INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource
            [org/springframework
            /jdbc/support/sql-error-codes.xml]
            Jan 11, 2006 8:01:32 PM
            org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLErrorCodesFactory <i
            nit>
            INFO: SQLErrorCodes loaded: [DB2, HSQL, MS-SQL, MySQL, Oracle, Informix,
            Postgre
            SQL, Sybase]
            Hibernate: select this.ID as ID0_, this.NAME as NAME0_,
            this.IS_USABLE_UNTRAINED
            as IS_USABL3_0_, this.HAS_ARMOR_CHECK_PENALTY as HAS_ARMO4_0_,
            this.ABILITY as
            ABILITY0_ from SHA_SKILL this where 1=1
            Hibernate: select childskill0_.PARENT_SKILL as PARENT_S1___,
            childskill0_.CHILD_
            SKILL as CHILD_SK2___, defaultski1_.ID as ID0_, defaultski1_.NAME as
            NAME0_, def
            aultski1_.IS_USABLE_UNTRAINED as IS_USABL3_0_,
            defaultski1_.HAS_ARMOR_CHECK_PENA
            LTY as HAS_ARMO4_0_, defaultski1_.ABILITY as ABILITY0_ from
            SHA_SKILL_SYNERGY ch
            ildskill0_ inner join SHA_SKILL defaultski1_ on
            childskill0_.CHILD_SKILL=default
            ski1_.ID where childskill0_.PARENT_SKILL=?
[...]
            Jan 11, 2006 8:01:34 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
            tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
            INFO: Labeled property message code 'featsCommandGroup.label' does not
            exist in
            message bundle; continuing...
            Jan 11, 2006 8:01:34 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
            tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
            INFO: Labeled property message code 'featsCommandGroup.caption' does not
            exist i
            n message bundle; continuing...
            Jan 11, 2006 8:01:34 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
            tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
            INFO: Labeled property message code 'featsCommandGroup.description' does
            not exi
            st in message bundle; continuing...
            Jan 11, 2006 8:01:34 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'featsCommandGroup.icon';
            return
            ing a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 8:01:34 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
            'featsCommandGroup.large.icon';
            returning a <null> icon.
            Terminate batch job (Y/N)? ^A

            Snashot 3:

            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'redoCommand.rolloverIcon';
            retu
            rning a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'redoCommand.disabledIcon';
            retu
            rning a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'redoCommand.pressedIcon';
            retur
            ning a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'redoCommand.large.icon';
            return
            ing a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
            tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
            INFO: Labeled property message code 'cutCommand.description' does not exist
            in m
            essage bundle; continuing...
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'cutCommand.selectedIcon';
            retur
            ning a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'cutCommand.rolloverIcon';
            retur
            ning a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'cutCommand.disabledIcon';
            retur
            ning a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'cutCommand.pressedIcon';
            return
            ing a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'cutCommand.large.icon';
            returni
            ng a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
            tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
            INFO: Labeled property message code 'copyCommand.description' does not
            exist in
            message bundle; continuing...
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'copyCommand.selectedIcon';
            retu
            rning a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'copyCommand.rolloverIcon';
            retu
            rning a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'copyCommand.disabledIcon';
            retu
            rning a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'copyCommand.pressedIcon';
            retur
            ning a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'copyCommand.large.icon';
            return
            ing a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
            tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
            INFO: Labeled property message code 'pasteCommand.description' does not
            exist in
            message bundle; continuing...
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
            'pasteCommand.selectedIcon'; ret
            urning a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
            'pasteCommand.rolloverIcon'; ret
            urning a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
            'pasteCommand.disabledIcon'; ret
            urning a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'pasteCommand.pressedIcon';
            retu
            rning a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'pasteCommand.large.icon';
            retur
            ning a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
            tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
            INFO: Labeled property message code 'selectAllCommand.description' does not
            exis
            t in message bundle; continuing...
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'selectAllCommand.icon';
            returni
            ng a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
            'selectAllCommand.large.icon'; r
            eturning a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
            tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
            INFO: Labeled property message code 'deleteCommand.description' does not
            exist i
            n message bundle; continuing...
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
            'deleteCommand.selectedIcon'; re
            turning a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
            'deleteCommand.rolloverIcon'; re
            turning a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
            'deleteCommand.disabledIcon'; re
            turning a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
            'deleteCommand.pressedIcon'; ret
            urning a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'deleteCommand.large.icon';
            retu
            rning a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
            tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
            INFO: Labeled property message code 'newCommand.description' does not exist
            in m
            essage bundle; continuing...
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'newCommand.icon';
            returning a <
            null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'newCommand.large.icon';
            returni
            ng a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
            tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
            INFO: Labeled property message code 'importCommand.description' does not
            exist i
            n message bundle; continuing...
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'importCommand.icon';
            returning
            a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'importCommand.large.icon';
            retu
            rning a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
            ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
            INFO: Bean 'windowCommandManager' is not eligible for getting processed by
            all B
            eanPostProcessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
            ontext initMessageSource
            INFO: Unable to locate MessageSource with name 'messageSource': using
            default [o
            rg.springframework.context.support.DelegatingMessageSource@aa3518]
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
            ontext initApplicationEventMulticaster
            INFO: Unable to locate ApplicationEventMulticaster with name
            'applicationEventMu
            lticaster': using default
            [org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEv
            entMulticaster@83d8be]
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
            org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListabl
            eBeanFactory preInstantiateSingletons
            INFO: Pre-instantiating singletons in factory
            [org.springframework.beans.factory
            .support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans
            [windowCommandManager,menuBar
            ,toolBar,fileMenu,editMenu,windowMenu,helpMenu,helpContentsCommand,aboutCommand]
            ; parent:
            org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory d
            efining beans
            [application,lifecycleAdvisor,applicationDescriptor,applicationObj
            ectConfigurer,applicationEventMulticaster,componentFactory,lookAndFeelConfigurer
            ,messageSource,imageResourcesFactory,imageSource,iconSource,formComponentInterce
            ptorFactory,formPropertyFaceDescriptorSource,searchComponent,skillManagerView,sk
            illImporter,skillManager,featManagerView,featImporter,featManager,itemManagerVie
            w,itemManager,raceManagerView,raceManager,sessionFactory,transactionManager,tran
            sactionTemplate,luceneSearcher,objectIndexer,analyzer,skillDao,featDao,abilityDa
            o,alignmentDao,abilityScoreDao,characterClassDao,encumberanceDao,languageDao,rac
            eDao,itemDao,characterDao,currencyDao,dataSource,directoryManager]; root of
            Bean
            Factory hierarchy]
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:50 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
            tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
            INFO: Labeled property message code 'exitCommand.description' does not
            exist in
            message bundle; continuing...
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:50 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'exitCommand.icon';
            returning a
            <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:50 PM
            org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
            etIcon
            INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'exitCommand.large.icon';
            return
            ing a <null> icon.
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:50 PM
[...]
            INFO: Labeled property message code 'fileMenu.description' does not exist
            in mes
            sage bundle; continuing...
            Jan 11, 2006 7:59:50 PM

            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 12, 2006
              This all looks perfectly normal to me. The output does not contain
              any errors (all of the lines are prefixed with "INFO"). I even see it
              spitting out the sql to load skills. Most of the info messages that
              say, "Missing....." is because I haven't localized the application
              yet.

              Again, I don't see any problem just looking at the log file. Can you
              describe what happens when you try to run the batch file? Does the
              application actually come up?
            • Terry FitzSimons
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 12, 2006
                Yes it actually does come up but, from using PcGen, when I get messages in
                the .bat screen, they are usually errors that something is wrong. I hope
                sometime in the future you get around to suppressing these types of
                messages. I guess tomorrow I will play with it some.

                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 15, 2006
                  I really appreciate the feedback I've gotten thus far, and it seems
                  like there's still a pretty high barrier for users to get up and
                  running with shard, so I've done some work to try and remove that barrier.

                  If you're looking to get a quick feel of what shard is like, it might
                  not get any easier after today. =) I just re-wrote the data import
                  tool so that shard can now import an entire pcgen dataset in one shot,
                  instead of forcing users to import each file individually.

                  Once you fire up shard for the first time, just click File > Import
                  and point to the pcgen dataset you want to import (any directory under
                  pcgen/data/ that has .LST files), and you'll be up and running.

                  This feature is only available in the 0.4.0-SNAPSHOT version, but the
                  official 0.4.0 release is nearing completion!