Re: question for the data monkeys

  • wireframe6464
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 8, 2006
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Richard Bowers <richard.bowers@g...> wrote:

      > I agree that I haven't seen what you already have (other than the other
      > posting about the maxlevel tags), so I'm posting in a vacuum, but here's
      > where it would be worth it to me to pull me away from just editing text
      > files:
      >
      > I'd love an easy way to maintain domains. I've developed about 300K
      worth of
      > my own files, and I'm going through malhavoc press' stuff now (haven't
      > officially said I'm doing it for anyone else or marked it as taken),
      and the
      > most annoying thing so far is that getting the domain spells set for
      a new
      > domain that uses domains outside the current area.

      I haven't built my own spell domain, so i'm not entirely sure what
      you'd like to see here. I've got to dig a bit more into spell domains
      in general...

      > I'd also like some way to see what the effect of doing something is.
      I spent
      > a while this morning debugging the bug in the Soulknife class in the SRD
      > (the range increment and enhancement bonus, at least in the 5.8.0
      download,
      > don't carry through). It took about ten minutes per test cycle, as
      the fixes
      > involved recreating the same character from scratch a few times, to make
      > sure there wasn't something redundant. I don't think you can do this
      easily,
      > unless you build in the classes from PCGen - then, you could run it
      in the
      > background, parse the files, and see the output.

      This should be entirely possible with shard. The shard API is
      extremely clean, and it should be possible to programatically build
      characters and test character sheet's with unit tests. I've built
      some basic unit tests around character sheets, and it could easily be
      fleshed out more to support what you need.

      > I'd like to be able to edit output sheets. I've been
      fixing/customizing the
      > OpenRPG output sheet. This is easy enough in an XML editor, but
      pulling it
      > in would be nice, if you haven't already.

      I've been using velocity as a template language, which is a major step
      up from the current PCGen output sheet syntax. The output sheets can
      still be HTML, XML, or PDF's. Whatever you'd like to build.

      > I'd like to be able to add races on one page, and have it create their
      > classes, race entries, and biosetting entries for me, without me
      having to
      > worry about it.

      Perfect. Shard has a really simple UI for creating/editing content,
      and although i haven't integrated *all* the required info, it will
      continue to be simple to use. The bottom line is that you'll *never*
      be able to create an invalid race/class/feat/skill, since it'll be
      enforced with the application wizard. A nice improvement over the
      hand editing of files.

      > I'd like to have impact checking and dependency checking - for each
      file,
      > including the output sheets, you keep track of its namespace, and
      you track
      > where there are duplicates . That gives you the ability to see what
      needs to
      > change if you change something. An example would be in cases where
      someone
      > has changed Blind-fight to Blind fight, and you want to see what's
      dependent
      > on this.
      >
      > Talking crazy - I'd love a TWAIN plug-in that was smart enough to do
      text
      > recognition on the standard class definitions from WOTC.
      >
      > I'd suggest picking a few prestige classes that are really annoying
      to code
      > by hand - like the ones from Lords of Madness - and see how hard it
      is to
      > add them.
      >
      > This may be a FAQ (sorry, I'm a newbie on this list), but aside from
      having
      > an IDE, I'd love a major mode for Emacs, an editor for Vim, and maybe a
      > syntax file for Crimson, since I use all three of them. I'll
      probably get
      > around to one of those, one of these days.

      These won't really be needed for shard since the data is stored in a
      database instead of the flat files. no need to hand edit the data
      files anymore.

      > On 1/7/06, wireframe6464 <wireframe@d...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I've got a question for all the users and developers out there that
      > > have built their own datasets by hand; if you were able to do this
      > > using a GUI application, what would you need the application to do?
      > >
      > > Obviously, I'm referring to the shard-phoenix application I'm writing
      > > to maintain d20 datasets. I'm really curious what your needs/wants
      > > are and what features should be included in shard-phoenix to make
      > > dataset management a breeze.
      > >
      > > http://shard.codecrate.com

    • wireframe6464
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 8, 2006
        I just uploaded a new snapshot of shard which has improved importing
        of pcgen data if you'd like to give it a spin.

        https://shard.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=4565

        Let me know if you have any issues or questions.
      • Terry FitzSimons
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 10, 2006
          Well it won't be straight forward. The 3.0 version was full of exception
          errors when I installed it. Tried twice with directory deletes between and
          twice without deletes. Is there a newsgroup somewhere as its not showing
          up on the updated newsgroups download from the ISP. That I can post the
          exceptions that showed up?

          Checked on your "FAQ/Getting started document" and could not find it on the
          page.

          As far as the blank entry lines. There are maybe 12 to 20 items for an
          entry needed at most and it would be nice to click and get the document
          entry out of PcGen's directory as to what is expected in the CHOOSE entry
          for FEATS page.

          --

          Terry FitzSimons
          FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 11, 2006
            You can post your exceptions on the project forums
            (http://forum.codecrate.com), or email them to me directly (wireframe
            <AT> dev.java.net). I'd be very interested to see what the problem is
            since i've got several of my d20 gamers to use it without issues. The
            only OS i haven't tested out is MacOSX, so if you're running a mac,
            i'm not sure how it will perform.

            The FAQ isn't that extensive, but it is on the page I pointed to
            before. See the "Mini FAQ" section.

            I would definately recommend trying the 0.4.0-SNAPSHOT version since
            that has the experimental PCGen import.

            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 11, 2006
              Well I'm running a HP Pavilion 500
              XP Home edition SP2
              Java Ver. 1.4.2.05(buidb04)

              The exception starts out as follows since the .bat window only keeps a
              certain amount in the window before it tosses the oldest I caught three
              snapshots.

              Snapshot 1:

              C:\Program Files\Shard-Phoenix\shard-phoenix>java -classpath "." -jar
              ./shard-ph
              oenix-0.3.0.jar
              Jan 11, 2006 7:57:35 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.application.ApplicationLa
              uncher loadStartupContext
              INFO: Loading startup context...
              Jan 11, 2006 7:57:35 PM
              org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionR
              eader loadBeanDefinitions
              INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource
              [richclient-startup-
              context.xml]
              Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
              org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableA
              pplicationContext refreshBeanFactory
              INFO: Bean factory for application context
              [org.springframework.context.support.
              ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;hashCode=31393597]:
              org.springframework.beans.fac
              tory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans [splashScreen]; root
              of B
              eanFactory hierarchy
              Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
              org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
              ontext refresh
              INFO: 1 beans defined in application context
              [org.springframework.context.suppor
              t.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;hashCode=31393597]
              Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM org.springframework.core.CollectionFactory <clinit>
              INFO: JDK 1.4+ collections available
              Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
              org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
              ontext initMessageSource
              INFO: Unable to locate MessageSource with name 'messageSource': using
              default [o
              rg.springframework.context.support.DelegatingMessageSource@1c282a1]
              Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
              org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
              ontext initApplicationEventMulticaster
              INFO: Unable to locate ApplicationEventMulticaster with name
              'applicationEventMu
              lticaster': using default
              [org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEv
              entMulticaster@19b5393]
              Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
              org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListabl
              eBeanFactory preInstantiateSingletons
              INFO: Pre-instantiating singletons in factory
              [org.springframework.beans.factory
              .support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans [splashScreen]; root of
              BeanF
              actory hierarchy]
              Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
              org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionR
              eader loadBeanDefinitions
              INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource
              [richclient-applicat
              ion-context.xml]
              Jan 11, 2006 7:57:37 PM
              org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionR
              eader loadBeanDefinitions
              INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource
              [shard-hibernate-con
              text.xml]
              Jan 11, 2006 7:57:37 PM
              org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionR
              eader loadBeanDefinitions
              INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource
              [shard-datasource.xm
              l]
              Jan 11, 2006 7:57:38 PM
              org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableA
              pplicationContext refreshBeanFactory
              INFO: Bean factory for application context
              [org.springframework.context.support.
              ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;hashCode=1111763]:
              org.springframework.beans.fact
              ory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans
              [application,lifecycleAdvi
              sor,applicationDescriptor,applicationObjectConfigurer,applicationEventMulticaste
              r,componentFactory,lookAndFeelConfigurer,messageSource,imageResourcesFactory,ima
              geSource,iconSource,formComponentInterceptorFactory,formPropertyFaceDescriptorSo
              urce,searchComponent,skillManagerView,skillImporter,skillManager,featManagerView
              ,featImporter,featManager,itemManagerView,itemManager,raceManagerView,raceManage
              r,sessionFactory,transactionManager,transactionTemplate,luceneSearcher,objectInd
              exer,analyzer,skillDao,featDao,abilityDao,alignmentDao,abilityScoreDao,character
              ClassDao,encumberanceDao,languageDao,raceDao,itemDao,characterDao,currencyDao,da
              taSource,directoryManager]; root of BeanFactory hierarchy
              Jan 11, 2006 7:57:38 PM
              org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
              ontext refresh
              INFO: 44 beans defined in application context
              [org.springframework.context.suppo
              rt.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;hashCode=1111763]
              Jan 11, 2006 7:57:38 PM
              org.springframework.core.io.support.PropertiesLoaderSupp
              ort loadProperties
              INFO: Loading properties file from class path resource
              [org/springframework/rich
              client/image/images.properties]
              Jan 11, 2006 7:57:38 PM
              org.springframework.core.io.support.PropertiesLoaderSupp
              ort loadProperties
              INFO: Loading properties file from class path resource [images.properties]
              Jan 11, 2006 7:57:38 PM
              org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
              ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
              INFO: Bean 'imageResourcesFactory' is not eligible for getting processed by
              all
              BeanPostProcessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
              Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
              org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
              ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
              INFO: Bean 'imageSource' is not eligible for getting processed by all
              BeanPostPr
              ocessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
              Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
              org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
              ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
              INFO: Bean 'iconSource' is not eligible for getting processed by all
              BeanPostPro
              cessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
              Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
              org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
              ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
              INFO: Bean 'messageSource' is not eligible for getting processed by all
              BeanPost
              Processors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
              Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
              org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
              ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
              INFO: Bean 'applicationObjectConfigurer' is not eligible for getting
              processed b
              y all BeanPostProcessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
              Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
              org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
              ontext initMessageSource
              INFO: Using MessageSource
              [org.springframework.context.support.ResourceBundleMes
              sageSource:
              basenames=[messages,org.springframework.richclient.application.messa
              ges]]
              Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
              org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
              ontext initApplicationEventMulticaster
              INFO: Using ApplicationEventMulticaster
              [org.springframework.context.event.Simpl
              eApplicationEventMulticaster@c743eb]
              Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
[...]
              Jan 11, 2006 7:57:46 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.core.LabeledObjectSupport
              getDisplayName
              INFO: This labeled object's display name is not configured; returning
              'displayNa
              me'
              Jan 11, 2006 7:57:46 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
              tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
              INFO: Labeled property message code 'applicationDescriptor.label' does not
              exist
              in message bundle; continuing...
              Jan 11, 2006 7:57:46 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
              tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadImage
              INFO: Labelable bean's image 'applicationDescriptor.image' does not exist
              in ima
              ge bundle; continuing...
              Jan 11, 2006 7:58:12 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
              tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
              INFO: Labeled property message code 'skillManagerView.title' does not exist
              in m
              essage bundle; continuing...
              Jan 11, 2006 7:58:12 PM
[...]
              INFO: Labeled property message code 'skillManagerView.description' does not
              exis
              t in message bundle; continuing...
              Jan 11, 2006 7:58:12 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
              tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadImage
              INFO: Labelable bean's image 'skillManagerView.image' does not exist in
              image bu
              ndle; continuing...
              Jan 11, 2006 7:58:12 PM
              org.springframework.aop.framework.DefaultAopProxyFactory
              <clinit>
              INFO: CGLIB2 available: proxyTargetClass feature enabled
              Jan 11, 2006 7:58:13 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Environment <clinit>
              INFO: Hibernate 2.1.8
              Jan 11, 2006 7:58:13 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Environment <clinit>
              INFO: hibernate.properties not found
              Jan 11, 2006 7:58:13 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Environment <clinit>
              INFO: using CGLIB reflection optimizer
              Jan 11, 2006 7:58:13 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Environment <clinit>
              INFO: using JDK 1.4 java.sql.Timestamp handling
              Jan 11, 2006 7:58:13 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
              INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.ability.PointCostValue ->
              SHA_ABILITY_P
              OINT_COST
              Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
              INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.character.DefaultPlayerCharacter
              -> SHA
              _CHARACTER
              Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.type.CustomType <init>
              WARNING: custom type does not implement Serializable: class
              com.codecrate.shard.
              character.AlignmentUserType
              Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
              INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.equipment.DefaultItem -> SHA_ITEM
              Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.type.CustomType <init>
              WARNING: custom type does not implement Serializable: class
              com.codecrate.shard.
              equipment.MoneyUserType
              Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
              INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.feat.DefaultFeat -> SHA_FEAT
              Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
              INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.kit.DefaultCharacterClass ->
              SHA_CLASS
              Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindCollection
              INFO: Mapping collection:
              com.codecrate.shard.kit.DefaultCharacterClass.classSki
              lls -> SHA_CLASS_SKILL
              Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindCollection
              INFO: Mapping collection:
              com.codecrate.shard.kit.DefaultCharacterClass.bonusLan
              guages -> SHA_CLASS_LANGUAGE
              Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
              INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.movement.EncumberanceEntry ->
              SHA_ENCUM
              BERANCE_ENTRY
              Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
              INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.race.DefaultLanguage ->
              SHA_LANGUAGE
              Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
              INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.race.DefaultRace -> SHA_RACE
              Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
              INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.skill.DefaultSkill -> SHA_SKILL
              Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.type.CustomType <init>
              WARNING: custom type does not implement Serializable: class
              com.codecrate.shard.
              ability.AbilityUserType
              Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindCollection
              INFO: Mapping collection:
              com.codecrate.shard.skill.DefaultSkill.childSkillSyner
              gies -> SHA_SKILL_SYNERGY
              Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM
              org.springframework.orm.hibernate.LocalSessionFactoryBea
              n afterPropertiesSet
              INFO: Building new Hibernate SessionFactory
              Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration
              secondPassCompile
              INFO: processing one-to-many association mappings
              Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration
              secondPassCompile
              INFO: processing one-to-one association property references
              Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration
              secondPassCompile
              INFO: processing foreign key constraints
              Jan 11, 2006 7:58:15 PM net.sf.hibernate.dialect.Dialect <init>
              INFO: Using dialect: net.sf.hibernate.dialect.HSQLDialect
              Jan 11, 2006 7:58:15 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory buildSettings
              INFO: Use outer join fetching: true
              Jan 11, 2006 7:58:15 PM
              net.sf.hibernate.connection.ConnectionProviderFactory ne
              wConnectionProvider
              INFO: Initializing connection provider:
              org.springframework.orm.hibernate.LocalD
              ataSourceConnectionProvider
              Jan 11, 2006 7:58:15 PM
              net.sf.hibernate.transaction.TransactionManagerLookupFac
              tory getTransactionManagerLookup
              INFO: No TransactionManagerLookup configured (in JTA environment, use of
              process
              level read-write cache is not recommended)
              Terminate batch job (Y/N)?

              Snapshot 2:

              sage bundle; continuing...
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'fileMenu.icon'; returning
              a <nu
              ll> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'fileMenu.large.icon';
              returning
              a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
              tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
              INFO: Labeled property message code 'editMenu.description' does not exist
              in mes
              sage bundle; continuing...
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'editMenu.icon'; returning
              a <nu
              ll> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'editMenu.large.icon';
              returning
              a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
              tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
              INFO: Labeled property message code 'newWindowCommand.description' does not
              exis
              t in message bundle; continuing...
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'newWindowCommand.icon';
              returni
              ng a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
              'newWindowCommand.large.icon'; r
              eturning a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
[...]
              INFO: Labeled property message code 'showViewMenu.caption' does not exist
              in mes
              sage bundle; continuing...
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
              tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
              INFO: Labeled property message code 'showViewMenu.description' does not
              exist in
              message bundle; continuing...
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'showViewMenu.icon';
              returning a
              <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'showViewMenu.large.icon';
              retur
              ning a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.command.AbstractCommand g
              etOrCreateFaceDescriptor
              INFO: Lazily instantiating default face descriptor on behalf of caller to
              preven
              t npe; command is being configured manually, right?
[...]
              INFO: Labeled property message code 'windowMenu.description' does not exist
              in m
              essage bundle; continuing...
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'windowMenu.icon';
              returning a <
              null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'windowMenu.large.icon';
              returni
              ng a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
              tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
              INFO: Labeled property message code 'helpContentsCommand.description' does
              not e
              xist in message bundle; continuing...
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
              'helpContentsCommand.selectedIco
              n'; returning a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
              'helpContentsCommand.rolloverIco
              n'; returning a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
              'helpContentsCommand.disabledIco
              n'; returning a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
              'helpContentsCommand.pressedIcon
              '; returning a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
              'helpContentsCommand.large.icon'
              ; returning a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
[...]
              INFO: Labeled property message code 'aboutCommand.description' does not
              exist in
              message bundle; continuing...
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'aboutCommand.icon';
              returning a
              <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'aboutCommand.large.icon';
              retur
              ning a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
[...]
              INFO: Labeled property message code 'helpMenu.description' does not exist
              in mes
              sage bundle; continuing...
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'helpMenu.icon'; returning
              a <nu
              ll> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'helpMenu.large.icon';
              returning
              a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
              tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
              INFO: Labeled property message code 'menuBar.label' does not exist in
              message bu
              ndle; continuing...
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
              tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
              INFO: Labeled property message code 'menuBar.caption' does not exist in
              message
              bundle; continuing...
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
              tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
              INFO: Labeled property message code 'menuBar.description' does not exist in
              mess
              age bundle; continuing...
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'menuBar.icon'; returning a
              <nul
              l> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'menuBar.large.icon';
              returning
              a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
              tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
              INFO: Labeled property message code 'toolBar.label' does not exist in
              message bu
              ndle; continuing...
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
              tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
              INFO: Labeled property message code 'toolBar.caption' does not exist in
              message
              bundle; continuing...
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
              tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
              INFO: Labeled property message code 'toolBar.description' does not exist in
              mess
              age bundle; continuing...
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'toolBar.icon'; returning a
              <nul
              l> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'toolBar.large.icon';
              returning
              a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 8:01:32 PM
              org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.JdbcTransactionObjec
              tSupport <clinit>
              INFO: JDBC 3.0 Savepoint class is available
              Jan 11, 2006 8:01:32 PM
              org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionR
              eader loadBeanDefinitions
              INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource
              [org/springframework
              /jdbc/support/sql-error-codes.xml]
              Jan 11, 2006 8:01:32 PM
              org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLErrorCodesFactory <i
              nit>
              INFO: SQLErrorCodes loaded: [DB2, HSQL, MS-SQL, MySQL, Oracle, Informix,
              Postgre
              SQL, Sybase]
              Hibernate: select this.ID as ID0_, this.NAME as NAME0_,
              this.IS_USABLE_UNTRAINED
              as IS_USABL3_0_, this.HAS_ARMOR_CHECK_PENALTY as HAS_ARMO4_0_,
              this.ABILITY as
              ABILITY0_ from SHA_SKILL this where 1=1
              Hibernate: select childskill0_.PARENT_SKILL as PARENT_S1___,
              childskill0_.CHILD_
              SKILL as CHILD_SK2___, defaultski1_.ID as ID0_, defaultski1_.NAME as
              NAME0_, def
              aultski1_.IS_USABLE_UNTRAINED as IS_USABL3_0_,
              defaultski1_.HAS_ARMOR_CHECK_PENA
              LTY as HAS_ARMO4_0_, defaultski1_.ABILITY as ABILITY0_ from
              SHA_SKILL_SYNERGY ch
              ildskill0_ inner join SHA_SKILL defaultski1_ on
              childskill0_.CHILD_SKILL=default
              ski1_.ID where childskill0_.PARENT_SKILL=?
[...]
              Jan 11, 2006 8:01:34 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
              tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
              INFO: Labeled property message code 'featsCommandGroup.label' does not
              exist in
              message bundle; continuing...
              Jan 11, 2006 8:01:34 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
              tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
              INFO: Labeled property message code 'featsCommandGroup.caption' does not
              exist i
              n message bundle; continuing...
              Jan 11, 2006 8:01:34 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
              tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
              INFO: Labeled property message code 'featsCommandGroup.description' does
              not exi
              st in message bundle; continuing...
              Jan 11, 2006 8:01:34 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'featsCommandGroup.icon';
              return
              ing a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 8:01:34 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
              'featsCommandGroup.large.icon';
              returning a <null> icon.
              Terminate batch job (Y/N)? ^A

              Snashot 3:

              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'redoCommand.rolloverIcon';
              retu
              rning a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'redoCommand.disabledIcon';
              retu
              rning a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'redoCommand.pressedIcon';
              retur
              ning a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'redoCommand.large.icon';
              return
              ing a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
              tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
              INFO: Labeled property message code 'cutCommand.description' does not exist
              in m
              essage bundle; continuing...
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'cutCommand.selectedIcon';
              retur
              ning a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'cutCommand.rolloverIcon';
              retur
              ning a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'cutCommand.disabledIcon';
              retur
              ning a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'cutCommand.pressedIcon';
              return
              ing a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'cutCommand.large.icon';
              returni
              ng a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
              tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
              INFO: Labeled property message code 'copyCommand.description' does not
              exist in
              message bundle; continuing...
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'copyCommand.selectedIcon';
              retu
              rning a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'copyCommand.rolloverIcon';
              retu
              rning a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'copyCommand.disabledIcon';
              retu
              rning a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'copyCommand.pressedIcon';
              retur
              ning a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'copyCommand.large.icon';
              return
              ing a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
              tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
              INFO: Labeled property message code 'pasteCommand.description' does not
              exist in
              message bundle; continuing...
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
              'pasteCommand.selectedIcon'; ret
              urning a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
              'pasteCommand.rolloverIcon'; ret
              urning a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
              'pasteCommand.disabledIcon'; ret
              urning a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'pasteCommand.pressedIcon';
              retu
              rning a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'pasteCommand.large.icon';
              retur
              ning a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
              tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
              INFO: Labeled property message code 'selectAllCommand.description' does not
              exis
              t in message bundle; continuing...
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'selectAllCommand.icon';
              returni
              ng a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
              'selectAllCommand.large.icon'; r
              eturning a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
              tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
              INFO: Labeled property message code 'deleteCommand.description' does not
              exist i
              n message bundle; continuing...
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
              'deleteCommand.selectedIcon'; re
              turning a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
              'deleteCommand.rolloverIcon'; re
              turning a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
              'deleteCommand.disabledIcon'; re
              turning a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
              'deleteCommand.pressedIcon'; ret
              urning a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'deleteCommand.large.icon';
              retu
              rning a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
              tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
              INFO: Labeled property message code 'newCommand.description' does not exist
              in m
              essage bundle; continuing...
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'newCommand.icon';
              returning a <
              null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'newCommand.large.icon';
              returni
              ng a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
              tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
              INFO: Labeled property message code 'importCommand.description' does not
              exist i
              n message bundle; continuing...
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'importCommand.icon';
              returning
              a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'importCommand.large.icon';
              retu
              rning a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
              ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
              INFO: Bean 'windowCommandManager' is not eligible for getting processed by
              all B
              eanPostProcessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
              ontext initMessageSource
              INFO: Unable to locate MessageSource with name 'messageSource': using
              default [o
              rg.springframework.context.support.DelegatingMessageSource@aa3518]
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
              ontext initApplicationEventMulticaster
              INFO: Unable to locate ApplicationEventMulticaster with name
              'applicationEventMu
              lticaster': using default
              [org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEv
              entMulticaster@83d8be]
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
              org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListabl
              eBeanFactory preInstantiateSingletons
              INFO: Pre-instantiating singletons in factory
              [org.springframework.beans.factory
              .support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans
              [windowCommandManager,menuBar
              ,toolBar,fileMenu,editMenu,windowMenu,helpMenu,helpContentsCommand,aboutCommand]
              ; parent:
              org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory d
              efining beans
              [application,lifecycleAdvisor,applicationDescriptor,applicationObj
              ectConfigurer,applicationEventMulticaster,componentFactory,lookAndFeelConfigurer
              ,messageSource,imageResourcesFactory,imageSource,iconSource,formComponentInterce
              ptorFactory,formPropertyFaceDescriptorSource,searchComponent,skillManagerView,sk
              illImporter,skillManager,featManagerView,featImporter,featManager,itemManagerVie
              w,itemManager,raceManagerView,raceManager,sessionFactory,transactionManager,tran
              sactionTemplate,luceneSearcher,objectIndexer,analyzer,skillDao,featDao,abilityDa
              o,alignmentDao,abilityScoreDao,characterClassDao,encumberanceDao,languageDao,rac
              eDao,itemDao,characterDao,currencyDao,dataSource,directoryManager]; root of
              Bean
              Factory hierarchy]
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:50 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
              tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
              INFO: Labeled property message code 'exitCommand.description' does not
              exist in
              message bundle; continuing...
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:50 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'exitCommand.icon';
              returning a
              <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:50 PM
              org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
              etIcon
              INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'exitCommand.large.icon';
              return
              ing a <null> icon.
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:50 PM
[...]
              INFO: Labeled property message code 'fileMenu.description' does not exist
              in mes
              sage bundle; continuing...
              Jan 11, 2006 7:59:50 PM

              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 12, 2006
                This all looks perfectly normal to me. The output does not contain
                any errors (all of the lines are prefixed with "INFO"). I even see it
                spitting out the sql to load skills. Most of the info messages that
                say, "Missing....." is because I haven't localized the application
                yet.

                Again, I don't see any problem just looking at the log file. Can you
                describe what happens when you try to run the batch file? Does the
                application actually come up?
              • Terry FitzSimons
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 12, 2006
                  Yes it actually does come up but, from using PcGen, when I get messages in
                  the .bat screen, they are usually errors that something is wrong. I hope
                  sometime in the future you get around to suppressing these types of
                  messages. I guess tomorrow I will play with it some.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 15, 2006
                    I really appreciate the feedback I've gotten thus far, and it seems
                    like there's still a pretty high barrier for users to get up and
                    running with shard, so I've done some work to try and remove that barrier.

                    If you're looking to get a quick feel of what shard is like, it might
                    not get any easier after today. =) I just re-wrote the data import
                    tool so that shard can now import an entire pcgen dataset in one shot,
                    instead of forcing users to import each file individually.

                    Once you fire up shard for the first time, just click File > Import
                    and point to the pcgen dataset you want to import (any directory under
                    pcgen/data/ that has .LST files), and you'll be up and running.

                    This feature is only available in the 0.4.0-SNAPSHOT version, but the
                    official 0.4.0 release is nearing completion!