Re: question for the data monkeys

  • wireframe6464
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 8, 2006
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Terry FitzSimons <fitzsimons@m...> wrote:

      > Well first I'm going to have to take the time to download, install and
      > figure out how to make it run, then find out what you don't have
      already in
      > there.

      Hopefully, this will be fairly straight forward. I've got a short
      FAQ/Getting started document on the project wiki
      (http://www.codecrate.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=360) that
      should help out. Let me know if you have any questions, because one
      of my goals is to make it extremely painless to get up and going!

      > As for what I would like is to have all of the various blanks needed,
      > wanted or desired for the various files needed to make PcGen run,
      whether
      > on one page or more. Hot kev to the on-drive docs would be needed.

      I'd like to hear more about these. What do you mean by hot keys to
      docs? some kind of context sensitive documentation? And for the
      "various blanks", do you mean some kind of fill in the blank form for
      creating datasets? I've got this built into shard by the way....

      > --
      >
      > Terry FitzSimons
      > FITZSIMONS@M...(Small Letters Only)
      >
      > On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 17:05:36 -0000, you wrote:
      >
      > >I've got a question for all the users and developers out there that
      > >have built their own datasets by hand; if you were able to do this
      > >using a GUI application, what would you need the application to do?
      > >
      > >Obviously, I'm referring to the shard-phoenix application I'm writing
      > >to maintain d20 datasets. I'm really curious what your needs/wants
      > >are and what features should be included in shard-phoenix to make
      > >dataset management a breeze.
      > >
      > >http://shard.codecrate.com

    • wireframe6464
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 8, 2006
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Richard Bowers <richard.bowers@g...> wrote:

        > I agree that I haven't seen what you already have (other than the other
        > posting about the maxlevel tags), so I'm posting in a vacuum, but here's
        > where it would be worth it to me to pull me away from just editing text
        > files:
        >
        > I'd love an easy way to maintain domains. I've developed about 300K
        worth of
        > my own files, and I'm going through malhavoc press' stuff now (haven't
        > officially said I'm doing it for anyone else or marked it as taken),
        and the
        > most annoying thing so far is that getting the domain spells set for
        a new
        > domain that uses domains outside the current area.

        I haven't built my own spell domain, so i'm not entirely sure what
        you'd like to see here. I've got to dig a bit more into spell domains
        in general...

        > I'd also like some way to see what the effect of doing something is.
        I spent
        > a while this morning debugging the bug in the Soulknife class in the SRD
        > (the range increment and enhancement bonus, at least in the 5.8.0
        download,
        > don't carry through). It took about ten minutes per test cycle, as
        the fixes
        > involved recreating the same character from scratch a few times, to make
        > sure there wasn't something redundant. I don't think you can do this
        easily,
        > unless you build in the classes from PCGen - then, you could run it
        in the
        > background, parse the files, and see the output.

        This should be entirely possible with shard. The shard API is
        extremely clean, and it should be possible to programatically build
        characters and test character sheet's with unit tests. I've built
        some basic unit tests around character sheets, and it could easily be
        fleshed out more to support what you need.

        > I'd like to be able to edit output sheets. I've been
        fixing/customizing the
        > OpenRPG output sheet. This is easy enough in an XML editor, but
        pulling it
        > in would be nice, if you haven't already.

        I've been using velocity as a template language, which is a major step
        up from the current PCGen output sheet syntax. The output sheets can
        still be HTML, XML, or PDF's. Whatever you'd like to build.

        > I'd like to be able to add races on one page, and have it create their
        > classes, race entries, and biosetting entries for me, without me
        having to
        > worry about it.

        Perfect. Shard has a really simple UI for creating/editing content,
        and although i haven't integrated *all* the required info, it will
        continue to be simple to use. The bottom line is that you'll *never*
        be able to create an invalid race/class/feat/skill, since it'll be
        enforced with the application wizard. A nice improvement over the
        hand editing of files.

        > I'd like to have impact checking and dependency checking - for each
        file,
        > including the output sheets, you keep track of its namespace, and
        you track
        > where there are duplicates . That gives you the ability to see what
        needs to
        > change if you change something. An example would be in cases where
        someone
        > has changed Blind-fight to Blind fight, and you want to see what's
        dependent
        > on this.
        >
        > Talking crazy - I'd love a TWAIN plug-in that was smart enough to do
        text
        > recognition on the standard class definitions from WOTC.
        >
        > I'd suggest picking a few prestige classes that are really annoying
        to code
        > by hand - like the ones from Lords of Madness - and see how hard it
        is to
        > add them.
        >
        > This may be a FAQ (sorry, I'm a newbie on this list), but aside from
        having
        > an IDE, I'd love a major mode for Emacs, an editor for Vim, and maybe a
        > syntax file for Crimson, since I use all three of them. I'll
        probably get
        > around to one of those, one of these days.

        These won't really be needed for shard since the data is stored in a
        database instead of the flat files. no need to hand edit the data
        files anymore.

        > On 1/7/06, wireframe6464 <wireframe@d...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I've got a question for all the users and developers out there that
        > > have built their own datasets by hand; if you were able to do this
        > > using a GUI application, what would you need the application to do?
        > >
        > > Obviously, I'm referring to the shard-phoenix application I'm writing
        > > to maintain d20 datasets. I'm really curious what your needs/wants
        > > are and what features should be included in shard-phoenix to make
        > > dataset management a breeze.
        > >
        > > http://shard.codecrate.com

      • wireframe6464
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 8, 2006
          I just uploaded a new snapshot of shard which has improved importing
          of pcgen data if you'd like to give it a spin.

          https://shard.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=4565

          Let me know if you have any issues or questions.
        • Terry FitzSimons
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 10, 2006
            Well it won't be straight forward. The 3.0 version was full of exception
            errors when I installed it. Tried twice with directory deletes between and
            twice without deletes. Is there a newsgroup somewhere as its not showing
            up on the updated newsgroups download from the ISP. That I can post the
            exceptions that showed up?

            Checked on your "FAQ/Getting started document" and could not find it on the
            page.

            As far as the blank entry lines. There are maybe 12 to 20 items for an
            entry needed at most and it would be nice to click and get the document
            entry out of PcGen's directory as to what is expected in the CHOOSE entry
            for FEATS page.

            --

            Terry FitzSimons
            FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 11, 2006
              You can post your exceptions on the project forums
              (http://forum.codecrate.com), or email them to me directly (wireframe
              <AT> dev.java.net). I'd be very interested to see what the problem is
              since i've got several of my d20 gamers to use it without issues. The
              only OS i haven't tested out is MacOSX, so if you're running a mac,
              i'm not sure how it will perform.

              The FAQ isn't that extensive, but it is on the page I pointed to
              before. See the "Mini FAQ" section.

              I would definately recommend trying the 0.4.0-SNAPSHOT version since
              that has the experimental PCGen import.

              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 11, 2006
                Well I'm running a HP Pavilion 500
                XP Home edition SP2
                Java Ver. 1.4.2.05(buidb04)

                The exception starts out as follows since the .bat window only keeps a
                certain amount in the window before it tosses the oldest I caught three
                snapshots.

                Snapshot 1:

                C:\Program Files\Shard-Phoenix\shard-phoenix>java -classpath "." -jar
                ./shard-ph
                oenix-0.3.0.jar
                Jan 11, 2006 7:57:35 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.application.ApplicationLa
                uncher loadStartupContext
                INFO: Loading startup context...
                Jan 11, 2006 7:57:35 PM
                org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionR
                eader loadBeanDefinitions
                INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource
                [richclient-startup-
                context.xml]
                Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
                org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableA
                pplicationContext refreshBeanFactory
                INFO: Bean factory for application context
                [org.springframework.context.support.
                ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;hashCode=31393597]:
                org.springframework.beans.fac
                tory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans [splashScreen]; root
                of B
                eanFactory hierarchy
                Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
                org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                ontext refresh
                INFO: 1 beans defined in application context
                [org.springframework.context.suppor
                t.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;hashCode=31393597]
                Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM org.springframework.core.CollectionFactory <clinit>
                INFO: JDK 1.4+ collections available
                Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
                org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                ontext initMessageSource
                INFO: Unable to locate MessageSource with name 'messageSource': using
                default [o
                rg.springframework.context.support.DelegatingMessageSource@1c282a1]
                Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
                org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                ontext initApplicationEventMulticaster
                INFO: Unable to locate ApplicationEventMulticaster with name
                'applicationEventMu
                lticaster': using default
                [org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEv
                entMulticaster@19b5393]
                Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
                org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListabl
                eBeanFactory preInstantiateSingletons
                INFO: Pre-instantiating singletons in factory
                [org.springframework.beans.factory
                .support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans [splashScreen]; root of
                BeanF
                actory hierarchy]
                Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
                org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionR
                eader loadBeanDefinitions
                INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource
                [richclient-applicat
                ion-context.xml]
                Jan 11, 2006 7:57:37 PM
                org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionR
                eader loadBeanDefinitions
                INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource
                [shard-hibernate-con
                text.xml]
                Jan 11, 2006 7:57:37 PM
                org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionR
                eader loadBeanDefinitions
                INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource
                [shard-datasource.xm
                l]
                Jan 11, 2006 7:57:38 PM
                org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableA
                pplicationContext refreshBeanFactory
                INFO: Bean factory for application context
                [org.springframework.context.support.
                ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;hashCode=1111763]:
                org.springframework.beans.fact
                ory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans
                [application,lifecycleAdvi
                sor,applicationDescriptor,applicationObjectConfigurer,applicationEventMulticaste
                r,componentFactory,lookAndFeelConfigurer,messageSource,imageResourcesFactory,ima
                geSource,iconSource,formComponentInterceptorFactory,formPropertyFaceDescriptorSo
                urce,searchComponent,skillManagerView,skillImporter,skillManager,featManagerView
                ,featImporter,featManager,itemManagerView,itemManager,raceManagerView,raceManage
                r,sessionFactory,transactionManager,transactionTemplate,luceneSearcher,objectInd
                exer,analyzer,skillDao,featDao,abilityDao,alignmentDao,abilityScoreDao,character
                ClassDao,encumberanceDao,languageDao,raceDao,itemDao,characterDao,currencyDao,da
                taSource,directoryManager]; root of BeanFactory hierarchy
                Jan 11, 2006 7:57:38 PM
                org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                ontext refresh
                INFO: 44 beans defined in application context
                [org.springframework.context.suppo
                rt.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;hashCode=1111763]
                Jan 11, 2006 7:57:38 PM
                org.springframework.core.io.support.PropertiesLoaderSupp
                ort loadProperties
                INFO: Loading properties file from class path resource
                [org/springframework/rich
                client/image/images.properties]
                Jan 11, 2006 7:57:38 PM
                org.springframework.core.io.support.PropertiesLoaderSupp
                ort loadProperties
                INFO: Loading properties file from class path resource [images.properties]
                Jan 11, 2006 7:57:38 PM
                org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
                INFO: Bean 'imageResourcesFactory' is not eligible for getting processed by
                all
                BeanPostProcessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
                Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
                org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
                INFO: Bean 'imageSource' is not eligible for getting processed by all
                BeanPostPr
                ocessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
                Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
                org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
                INFO: Bean 'iconSource' is not eligible for getting processed by all
                BeanPostPro
                cessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
                Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
                org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
                INFO: Bean 'messageSource' is not eligible for getting processed by all
                BeanPost
                Processors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
                Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
                org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
                INFO: Bean 'applicationObjectConfigurer' is not eligible for getting
                processed b
                y all BeanPostProcessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
                Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
                org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                ontext initMessageSource
                INFO: Using MessageSource
                [org.springframework.context.support.ResourceBundleMes
                sageSource:
                basenames=[messages,org.springframework.richclient.application.messa
                ges]]
                Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
                org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                ontext initApplicationEventMulticaster
                INFO: Using ApplicationEventMulticaster
                [org.springframework.context.event.Simpl
                eApplicationEventMulticaster@c743eb]
                Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
[...]
                Jan 11, 2006 7:57:46 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.core.LabeledObjectSupport
                getDisplayName
                INFO: This labeled object's display name is not configured; returning
                'displayNa
                me'
                Jan 11, 2006 7:57:46 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                INFO: Labeled property message code 'applicationDescriptor.label' does not
                exist
                in message bundle; continuing...
                Jan 11, 2006 7:57:46 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadImage
                INFO: Labelable bean's image 'applicationDescriptor.image' does not exist
                in ima
                ge bundle; continuing...
                Jan 11, 2006 7:58:12 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                INFO: Labeled property message code 'skillManagerView.title' does not exist
                in m
                essage bundle; continuing...
                Jan 11, 2006 7:58:12 PM
[...]
                INFO: Labeled property message code 'skillManagerView.description' does not
                exis
                t in message bundle; continuing...
                Jan 11, 2006 7:58:12 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadImage
                INFO: Labelable bean's image 'skillManagerView.image' does not exist in
                image bu
                ndle; continuing...
                Jan 11, 2006 7:58:12 PM
                org.springframework.aop.framework.DefaultAopProxyFactory
                <clinit>
                INFO: CGLIB2 available: proxyTargetClass feature enabled
                Jan 11, 2006 7:58:13 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Environment <clinit>
                INFO: Hibernate 2.1.8
                Jan 11, 2006 7:58:13 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Environment <clinit>
                INFO: hibernate.properties not found
                Jan 11, 2006 7:58:13 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Environment <clinit>
                INFO: using CGLIB reflection optimizer
                Jan 11, 2006 7:58:13 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Environment <clinit>
                INFO: using JDK 1.4 java.sql.Timestamp handling
                Jan 11, 2006 7:58:13 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.ability.PointCostValue ->
                SHA_ABILITY_P
                OINT_COST
                Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.character.DefaultPlayerCharacter
                -> SHA
                _CHARACTER
                Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.type.CustomType <init>
                WARNING: custom type does not implement Serializable: class
                com.codecrate.shard.
                character.AlignmentUserType
                Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.equipment.DefaultItem -> SHA_ITEM
                Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.type.CustomType <init>
                WARNING: custom type does not implement Serializable: class
                com.codecrate.shard.
                equipment.MoneyUserType
                Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.feat.DefaultFeat -> SHA_FEAT
                Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.kit.DefaultCharacterClass ->
                SHA_CLASS
                Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindCollection
                INFO: Mapping collection:
                com.codecrate.shard.kit.DefaultCharacterClass.classSki
                lls -> SHA_CLASS_SKILL
                Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindCollection
                INFO: Mapping collection:
                com.codecrate.shard.kit.DefaultCharacterClass.bonusLan
                guages -> SHA_CLASS_LANGUAGE
                Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.movement.EncumberanceEntry ->
                SHA_ENCUM
                BERANCE_ENTRY
                Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.race.DefaultLanguage ->
                SHA_LANGUAGE
                Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.race.DefaultRace -> SHA_RACE
                Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.skill.DefaultSkill -> SHA_SKILL
                Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.type.CustomType <init>
                WARNING: custom type does not implement Serializable: class
                com.codecrate.shard.
                ability.AbilityUserType
                Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindCollection
                INFO: Mapping collection:
                com.codecrate.shard.skill.DefaultSkill.childSkillSyner
                gies -> SHA_SKILL_SYNERGY
                Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM
                org.springframework.orm.hibernate.LocalSessionFactoryBea
                n afterPropertiesSet
                INFO: Building new Hibernate SessionFactory
                Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration
                secondPassCompile
                INFO: processing one-to-many association mappings
                Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration
                secondPassCompile
                INFO: processing one-to-one association property references
                Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration
                secondPassCompile
                INFO: processing foreign key constraints
                Jan 11, 2006 7:58:15 PM net.sf.hibernate.dialect.Dialect <init>
                INFO: Using dialect: net.sf.hibernate.dialect.HSQLDialect
                Jan 11, 2006 7:58:15 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory buildSettings
                INFO: Use outer join fetching: true
                Jan 11, 2006 7:58:15 PM
                net.sf.hibernate.connection.ConnectionProviderFactory ne
                wConnectionProvider
                INFO: Initializing connection provider:
                org.springframework.orm.hibernate.LocalD
                ataSourceConnectionProvider
                Jan 11, 2006 7:58:15 PM
                net.sf.hibernate.transaction.TransactionManagerLookupFac
                tory getTransactionManagerLookup
                INFO: No TransactionManagerLookup configured (in JTA environment, use of
                process
                level read-write cache is not recommended)
                Terminate batch job (Y/N)?

                Snapshot 2:

                sage bundle; continuing...
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'fileMenu.icon'; returning
                a <nu
                ll> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'fileMenu.large.icon';
                returning
                a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                INFO: Labeled property message code 'editMenu.description' does not exist
                in mes
                sage bundle; continuing...
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'editMenu.icon'; returning
                a <nu
                ll> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'editMenu.large.icon';
                returning
                a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                INFO: Labeled property message code 'newWindowCommand.description' does not
                exis
                t in message bundle; continuing...
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'newWindowCommand.icon';
                returni
                ng a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                'newWindowCommand.large.icon'; r
                eturning a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
[...]
                INFO: Labeled property message code 'showViewMenu.caption' does not exist
                in mes
                sage bundle; continuing...
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                INFO: Labeled property message code 'showViewMenu.description' does not
                exist in
                message bundle; continuing...
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'showViewMenu.icon';
                returning a
                <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'showViewMenu.large.icon';
                retur
                ning a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.command.AbstractCommand g
                etOrCreateFaceDescriptor
                INFO: Lazily instantiating default face descriptor on behalf of caller to
                preven
                t npe; command is being configured manually, right?
[...]
                INFO: Labeled property message code 'windowMenu.description' does not exist
                in m
                essage bundle; continuing...
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'windowMenu.icon';
                returning a <
                null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'windowMenu.large.icon';
                returni
                ng a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                INFO: Labeled property message code 'helpContentsCommand.description' does
                not e
                xist in message bundle; continuing...
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                'helpContentsCommand.selectedIco
                n'; returning a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                'helpContentsCommand.rolloverIco
                n'; returning a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                'helpContentsCommand.disabledIco
                n'; returning a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                'helpContentsCommand.pressedIcon
                '; returning a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                'helpContentsCommand.large.icon'
                ; returning a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
[...]
                INFO: Labeled property message code 'aboutCommand.description' does not
                exist in
                message bundle; continuing...
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'aboutCommand.icon';
                returning a
                <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'aboutCommand.large.icon';
                retur
                ning a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
[...]
                INFO: Labeled property message code 'helpMenu.description' does not exist
                in mes
                sage bundle; continuing...
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'helpMenu.icon'; returning
                a <nu
                ll> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'helpMenu.large.icon';
                returning
                a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                INFO: Labeled property message code 'menuBar.label' does not exist in
                message bu
                ndle; continuing...
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                INFO: Labeled property message code 'menuBar.caption' does not exist in
                message
                bundle; continuing...
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                INFO: Labeled property message code 'menuBar.description' does not exist in
                mess
                age bundle; continuing...
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'menuBar.icon'; returning a
                <nul
                l> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'menuBar.large.icon';
                returning
                a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                INFO: Labeled property message code 'toolBar.label' does not exist in
                message bu
                ndle; continuing...
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                INFO: Labeled property message code 'toolBar.caption' does not exist in
                message
                bundle; continuing...
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                INFO: Labeled property message code 'toolBar.description' does not exist in
                mess
                age bundle; continuing...
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'toolBar.icon'; returning a
                <nul
                l> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'toolBar.large.icon';
                returning
                a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 8:01:32 PM
                org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.JdbcTransactionObjec
                tSupport <clinit>
                INFO: JDBC 3.0 Savepoint class is available
                Jan 11, 2006 8:01:32 PM
                org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionR
                eader loadBeanDefinitions
                INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource
                [org/springframework
                /jdbc/support/sql-error-codes.xml]
                Jan 11, 2006 8:01:32 PM
                org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLErrorCodesFactory <i
                nit>
                INFO: SQLErrorCodes loaded: [DB2, HSQL, MS-SQL, MySQL, Oracle, Informix,
                Postgre
                SQL, Sybase]
                Hibernate: select this.ID as ID0_, this.NAME as NAME0_,
                this.IS_USABLE_UNTRAINED
                as IS_USABL3_0_, this.HAS_ARMOR_CHECK_PENALTY as HAS_ARMO4_0_,
                this.ABILITY as
                ABILITY0_ from SHA_SKILL this where 1=1
                Hibernate: select childskill0_.PARENT_SKILL as PARENT_S1___,
                childskill0_.CHILD_
                SKILL as CHILD_SK2___, defaultski1_.ID as ID0_, defaultski1_.NAME as
                NAME0_, def
                aultski1_.IS_USABLE_UNTRAINED as IS_USABL3_0_,
                defaultski1_.HAS_ARMOR_CHECK_PENA
                LTY as HAS_ARMO4_0_, defaultski1_.ABILITY as ABILITY0_ from
                SHA_SKILL_SYNERGY ch
                ildskill0_ inner join SHA_SKILL defaultski1_ on
                childskill0_.CHILD_SKILL=default
                ski1_.ID where childskill0_.PARENT_SKILL=?
[...]
                Jan 11, 2006 8:01:34 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                INFO: Labeled property message code 'featsCommandGroup.label' does not
                exist in
                message bundle; continuing...
                Jan 11, 2006 8:01:34 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                INFO: Labeled property message code 'featsCommandGroup.caption' does not
                exist i
                n message bundle; continuing...
                Jan 11, 2006 8:01:34 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                INFO: Labeled property message code 'featsCommandGroup.description' does
                not exi
                st in message bundle; continuing...
                Jan 11, 2006 8:01:34 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'featsCommandGroup.icon';
                return
                ing a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 8:01:34 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                'featsCommandGroup.large.icon';
                returning a <null> icon.
                Terminate batch job (Y/N)? ^A

                Snashot 3:

                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'redoCommand.rolloverIcon';
                retu
                rning a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'redoCommand.disabledIcon';
                retu
                rning a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'redoCommand.pressedIcon';
                retur
                ning a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'redoCommand.large.icon';
                return
                ing a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                INFO: Labeled property message code 'cutCommand.description' does not exist
                in m
                essage bundle; continuing...
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'cutCommand.selectedIcon';
                retur
                ning a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'cutCommand.rolloverIcon';
                retur
                ning a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'cutCommand.disabledIcon';
                retur
                ning a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'cutCommand.pressedIcon';
                return
                ing a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'cutCommand.large.icon';
                returni
                ng a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                INFO: Labeled property message code 'copyCommand.description' does not
                exist in
                message bundle; continuing...
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'copyCommand.selectedIcon';
                retu
                rning a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'copyCommand.rolloverIcon';
                retu
                rning a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'copyCommand.disabledIcon';
                retu
                rning a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'copyCommand.pressedIcon';
                retur
                ning a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'copyCommand.large.icon';
                return
                ing a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                INFO: Labeled property message code 'pasteCommand.description' does not
                exist in
                message bundle; continuing...
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                'pasteCommand.selectedIcon'; ret
                urning a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                'pasteCommand.rolloverIcon'; ret
                urning a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                'pasteCommand.disabledIcon'; ret
                urning a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'pasteCommand.pressedIcon';
                retu
                rning a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'pasteCommand.large.icon';
                retur
                ning a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                INFO: Labeled property message code 'selectAllCommand.description' does not
                exis
                t in message bundle; continuing...
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'selectAllCommand.icon';
                returni
                ng a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                'selectAllCommand.large.icon'; r
                eturning a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                INFO: Labeled property message code 'deleteCommand.description' does not
                exist i
                n message bundle; continuing...
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                'deleteCommand.selectedIcon'; re
                turning a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                'deleteCommand.rolloverIcon'; re
                turning a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                'deleteCommand.disabledIcon'; re
                turning a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                'deleteCommand.pressedIcon'; ret
                urning a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'deleteCommand.large.icon';
                retu
                rning a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                INFO: Labeled property message code 'newCommand.description' does not exist
                in m
                essage bundle; continuing...
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'newCommand.icon';
                returning a <
                null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'newCommand.large.icon';
                returni
                ng a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                INFO: Labeled property message code 'importCommand.description' does not
                exist i
                n message bundle; continuing...
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'importCommand.icon';
                returning
                a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'importCommand.large.icon';
                retu
                rning a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
                INFO: Bean 'windowCommandManager' is not eligible for getting processed by
                all B
                eanPostProcessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                ontext initMessageSource
                INFO: Unable to locate MessageSource with name 'messageSource': using
                default [o
                rg.springframework.context.support.DelegatingMessageSource@aa3518]
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                ontext initApplicationEventMulticaster
                INFO: Unable to locate ApplicationEventMulticaster with name
                'applicationEventMu
                lticaster': using default
                [org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEv
                entMulticaster@83d8be]
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListabl
                eBeanFactory preInstantiateSingletons
                INFO: Pre-instantiating singletons in factory
                [org.springframework.beans.factory
                .support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans
                [windowCommandManager,menuBar
                ,toolBar,fileMenu,editMenu,windowMenu,helpMenu,helpContentsCommand,aboutCommand]
                ; parent:
                org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory d
                efining beans
                [application,lifecycleAdvisor,applicationDescriptor,applicationObj
                ectConfigurer,applicationEventMulticaster,componentFactory,lookAndFeelConfigurer
                ,messageSource,imageResourcesFactory,imageSource,iconSource,formComponentInterce
                ptorFactory,formPropertyFaceDescriptorSource,searchComponent,skillManagerView,sk
                illImporter,skillManager,featManagerView,featImporter,featManager,itemManagerVie
                w,itemManager,raceManagerView,raceManager,sessionFactory,transactionManager,tran
                sactionTemplate,luceneSearcher,objectIndexer,analyzer,skillDao,featDao,abilityDa
                o,alignmentDao,abilityScoreDao,characterClassDao,encumberanceDao,languageDao,rac
                eDao,itemDao,characterDao,currencyDao,dataSource,directoryManager]; root of
                Bean
                Factory hierarchy]
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:50 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                INFO: Labeled property message code 'exitCommand.description' does not
                exist in
                message bundle; continuing...
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:50 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'exitCommand.icon';
                returning a
                <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:50 PM
                org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                etIcon
                INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'exitCommand.large.icon';
                return
                ing a <null> icon.
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:50 PM
[...]
                INFO: Labeled property message code 'fileMenu.description' does not exist
                in mes
                sage bundle; continuing...
                Jan 11, 2006 7:59:50 PM

                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 12, 2006
                  This all looks perfectly normal to me. The output does not contain
                  any errors (all of the lines are prefixed with "INFO"). I even see it
                  spitting out the sql to load skills. Most of the info messages that
                  say, "Missing....." is because I haven't localized the application
                  yet.

                  Again, I don't see any problem just looking at the log file. Can you
                  describe what happens when you try to run the batch file? Does the
                  application actually come up?
                • Terry FitzSimons
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 12, 2006
                    Yes it actually does come up but, from using PcGen, when I get messages in
                    the .bat screen, they are usually errors that something is wrong. I hope
                    sometime in the future you get around to suppressing these types of
                    messages. I guess tomorrow I will play with it some.

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 15, 2006
                      I really appreciate the feedback I've gotten thus far, and it seems
                      like there's still a pretty high barrier for users to get up and
                      running with shard, so I've done some work to try and remove that barrier.

                      If you're looking to get a quick feel of what shard is like, it might
                      not get any easier after today. =) I just re-wrote the data import
                      tool so that shard can now import an entire pcgen dataset in one shot,
                      instead of forcing users to import each file individually.

                      Once you fire up shard for the first time, just click File > Import
                      and point to the pcgen dataset you want to import (any directory under
                      pcgen/data/ that has .LST files), and you'll be up and running.

                      This feature is only available in the 0.4.0-SNAPSHOT version, but the
                      official 0.4.0 release is nearing completion!