Re: [pcgen] question for the data monkeys

  • Richard Bowers
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 7, 2006
      I agree that I haven't seen what you already have (other than the other
      posting about the maxlevel tags), so I'm posting in a vacuum, but here's
      where it would be worth it to me to pull me away from just editing text
      files:

      I'd love an easy way to maintain domains. I've developed about 300K worth of
      my own files, and I'm going through malhavoc press' stuff now (haven't
      officially said I'm doing it for anyone else or marked it as taken), and the
      most annoying thing so far is that getting the domain spells set for a new
      domain that uses domains outside the current area.

      I'd also like some way to see what the effect of doing something is. I spent
      a while this morning debugging the bug in the Soulknife class in the SRD
      (the range increment and enhancement bonus, at least in the 5.8.0 download,
      don't carry through). It took about ten minutes per test cycle, as the fixes
      involved recreating the same character from scratch a few times, to make
      sure there wasn't something redundant. I don't think you can do this easily,
      unless you build in the classes from PCGen - then, you could run it in the
      background, parse the files, and see the output.

      I'd like to be able to edit output sheets. I've been fixing/customizing the
      OpenRPG output sheet. This is easy enough in an XML editor, but pulling it
      in would be nice, if you haven't already.

      I'd like to be able to add races on one page, and have it create their
      classes, race entries, and biosetting entries for me, without me having to
      worry about it.

      I'd like to have impact checking and dependency checking - for each file,
      including the output sheets, you keep track of its namespace, and you track
      where there are duplicates . That gives you the ability to see what needs to
      change if you change something. An example would be in cases where someone
      has changed Blind-fight to Blind fight, and you want to see what's dependent
      on this.

      Talking crazy - I'd love a TWAIN plug-in that was smart enough to do text
      recognition on the standard class definitions from WOTC.

      I'd suggest picking a few prestige classes that are really annoying to code
      by hand - like the ones from Lords of Madness - and see how hard it is to
      add them.

      This may be a FAQ (sorry, I'm a newbie on this list), but aside from having
      an IDE, I'd love a major mode for Emacs, an editor for Vim, and maybe a
      syntax file for Crimson, since I use all three of them. I'll probably get
      around to one of those, one of these days.

      On 1/7/06, wireframe6464 <wireframe@...> wrote:

      > I've got a question for all the users and developers out there that
      > have built their own datasets by hand; if you were able to do this
      > using a GUI application, what would you need the application to do?
      >
      > Obviously, I'm referring to the shard-phoenix application I'm writing
      > to maintain d20 datasets. I'm really curious what your needs/wants
      > are and what features should be included in shard-phoenix to make
      > dataset management a breeze.
      >
      > http://shard.codecrate.com

    • wireframe6464
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 8, 2006
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Terry FitzSimons <fitzsimons@m...> wrote:

        > Well first I'm going to have to take the time to download, install and
        > figure out how to make it run, then find out what you don't have
        already in
        > there.

        Hopefully, this will be fairly straight forward. I've got a short
        FAQ/Getting started document on the project wiki
        (http://www.codecrate.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=360) that
        should help out. Let me know if you have any questions, because one
        of my goals is to make it extremely painless to get up and going!

        > As for what I would like is to have all of the various blanks needed,
        > wanted or desired for the various files needed to make PcGen run,
        whether
        > on one page or more. Hot kev to the on-drive docs would be needed.

        I'd like to hear more about these. What do you mean by hot keys to
        docs? some kind of context sensitive documentation? And for the
        "various blanks", do you mean some kind of fill in the blank form for
        creating datasets? I've got this built into shard by the way....

        > --
        >
        > Terry FitzSimons
        > FITZSIMONS@M...(Small Letters Only)
        >
        > On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 17:05:36 -0000, you wrote:
        >
        > >I've got a question for all the users and developers out there that
        > >have built their own datasets by hand; if you were able to do this
        > >using a GUI application, what would you need the application to do?
        > >
        > >Obviously, I'm referring to the shard-phoenix application I'm writing
        > >to maintain d20 datasets. I'm really curious what your needs/wants
        > >are and what features should be included in shard-phoenix to make
        > >dataset management a breeze.
        > >
        > >http://shard.codecrate.com

      • wireframe6464
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 8, 2006
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Richard Bowers <richard.bowers@g...> wrote:

          > I agree that I haven't seen what you already have (other than the other
          > posting about the maxlevel tags), so I'm posting in a vacuum, but here's
          > where it would be worth it to me to pull me away from just editing text
          > files:
          >
          > I'd love an easy way to maintain domains. I've developed about 300K
          worth of
          > my own files, and I'm going through malhavoc press' stuff now (haven't
          > officially said I'm doing it for anyone else or marked it as taken),
          and the
          > most annoying thing so far is that getting the domain spells set for
          a new
          > domain that uses domains outside the current area.

          I haven't built my own spell domain, so i'm not entirely sure what
          you'd like to see here. I've got to dig a bit more into spell domains
          in general...

          > I'd also like some way to see what the effect of doing something is.
          I spent
          > a while this morning debugging the bug in the Soulknife class in the SRD
          > (the range increment and enhancement bonus, at least in the 5.8.0
          download,
          > don't carry through). It took about ten minutes per test cycle, as
          the fixes
          > involved recreating the same character from scratch a few times, to make
          > sure there wasn't something redundant. I don't think you can do this
          easily,
          > unless you build in the classes from PCGen - then, you could run it
          in the
          > background, parse the files, and see the output.

          This should be entirely possible with shard. The shard API is
          extremely clean, and it should be possible to programatically build
          characters and test character sheet's with unit tests. I've built
          some basic unit tests around character sheets, and it could easily be
          fleshed out more to support what you need.

          > I'd like to be able to edit output sheets. I've been
          fixing/customizing the
          > OpenRPG output sheet. This is easy enough in an XML editor, but
          pulling it
          > in would be nice, if you haven't already.

          I've been using velocity as a template language, which is a major step
          up from the current PCGen output sheet syntax. The output sheets can
          still be HTML, XML, or PDF's. Whatever you'd like to build.

          > I'd like to be able to add races on one page, and have it create their
          > classes, race entries, and biosetting entries for me, without me
          having to
          > worry about it.

          Perfect. Shard has a really simple UI for creating/editing content,
          and although i haven't integrated *all* the required info, it will
          continue to be simple to use. The bottom line is that you'll *never*
          be able to create an invalid race/class/feat/skill, since it'll be
          enforced with the application wizard. A nice improvement over the
          hand editing of files.

          > I'd like to have impact checking and dependency checking - for each
          file,
          > including the output sheets, you keep track of its namespace, and
          you track
          > where there are duplicates . That gives you the ability to see what
          needs to
          > change if you change something. An example would be in cases where
          someone
          > has changed Blind-fight to Blind fight, and you want to see what's
          dependent
          > on this.
          >
          > Talking crazy - I'd love a TWAIN plug-in that was smart enough to do
          text
          > recognition on the standard class definitions from WOTC.
          >
          > I'd suggest picking a few prestige classes that are really annoying
          to code
          > by hand - like the ones from Lords of Madness - and see how hard it
          is to
          > add them.
          >
          > This may be a FAQ (sorry, I'm a newbie on this list), but aside from
          having
          > an IDE, I'd love a major mode for Emacs, an editor for Vim, and maybe a
          > syntax file for Crimson, since I use all three of them. I'll
          probably get
          > around to one of those, one of these days.

          These won't really be needed for shard since the data is stored in a
          database instead of the flat files. no need to hand edit the data
          files anymore.

          > On 1/7/06, wireframe6464 <wireframe@d...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I've got a question for all the users and developers out there that
          > > have built their own datasets by hand; if you were able to do this
          > > using a GUI application, what would you need the application to do?
          > >
          > > Obviously, I'm referring to the shard-phoenix application I'm writing
          > > to maintain d20 datasets. I'm really curious what your needs/wants
          > > are and what features should be included in shard-phoenix to make
          > > dataset management a breeze.
          > >
          > > http://shard.codecrate.com

        • wireframe6464
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 8, 2006
            I just uploaded a new snapshot of shard which has improved importing
            of pcgen data if you'd like to give it a spin.

            https://shard.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=4565

            Let me know if you have any issues or questions.
          • Terry FitzSimons
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 10, 2006
              Well it won't be straight forward. The 3.0 version was full of exception
              errors when I installed it. Tried twice with directory deletes between and
              twice without deletes. Is there a newsgroup somewhere as its not showing
              up on the updated newsgroups download from the ISP. That I can post the
              exceptions that showed up?

              Checked on your "FAQ/Getting started document" and could not find it on the
              page.

              As far as the blank entry lines. There are maybe 12 to 20 items for an
              entry needed at most and it would be nice to click and get the document
              entry out of PcGen's directory as to what is expected in the CHOOSE entry
              for FEATS page.

              --

              Terry FitzSimons
              FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 11, 2006
                You can post your exceptions on the project forums
                (http://forum.codecrate.com), or email them to me directly (wireframe
                <AT> dev.java.net). I'd be very interested to see what the problem is
                since i've got several of my d20 gamers to use it without issues. The
                only OS i haven't tested out is MacOSX, so if you're running a mac,
                i'm not sure how it will perform.

                The FAQ isn't that extensive, but it is on the page I pointed to
                before. See the "Mini FAQ" section.

                I would definately recommend trying the 0.4.0-SNAPSHOT version since
                that has the experimental PCGen import.

                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 11, 2006
                  Well I'm running a HP Pavilion 500
                  XP Home edition SP2
                  Java Ver. 1.4.2.05(buidb04)

                  The exception starts out as follows since the .bat window only keeps a
                  certain amount in the window before it tosses the oldest I caught three
                  snapshots.

                  Snapshot 1:

                  C:\Program Files\Shard-Phoenix\shard-phoenix>java -classpath "." -jar
                  ./shard-ph
                  oenix-0.3.0.jar
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:57:35 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.application.ApplicationLa
                  uncher loadStartupContext
                  INFO: Loading startup context...
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:57:35 PM
                  org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionR
                  eader loadBeanDefinitions
                  INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource
                  [richclient-startup-
                  context.xml]
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
                  org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableA
                  pplicationContext refreshBeanFactory
                  INFO: Bean factory for application context
                  [org.springframework.context.support.
                  ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;hashCode=31393597]:
                  org.springframework.beans.fac
                  tory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans [splashScreen]; root
                  of B
                  eanFactory hierarchy
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
                  org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                  ontext refresh
                  INFO: 1 beans defined in application context
                  [org.springframework.context.suppor
                  t.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;hashCode=31393597]
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM org.springframework.core.CollectionFactory <clinit>
                  INFO: JDK 1.4+ collections available
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
                  org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                  ontext initMessageSource
                  INFO: Unable to locate MessageSource with name 'messageSource': using
                  default [o
                  rg.springframework.context.support.DelegatingMessageSource@1c282a1]
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
                  org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                  ontext initApplicationEventMulticaster
                  INFO: Unable to locate ApplicationEventMulticaster with name
                  'applicationEventMu
                  lticaster': using default
                  [org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEv
                  entMulticaster@19b5393]
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
                  org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListabl
                  eBeanFactory preInstantiateSingletons
                  INFO: Pre-instantiating singletons in factory
                  [org.springframework.beans.factory
                  .support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans [splashScreen]; root of
                  BeanF
                  actory hierarchy]
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
                  org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionR
                  eader loadBeanDefinitions
                  INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource
                  [richclient-applicat
                  ion-context.xml]
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:57:37 PM
                  org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionR
                  eader loadBeanDefinitions
                  INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource
                  [shard-hibernate-con
                  text.xml]
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:57:37 PM
                  org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionR
                  eader loadBeanDefinitions
                  INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource
                  [shard-datasource.xm
                  l]
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:57:38 PM
                  org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableA
                  pplicationContext refreshBeanFactory
                  INFO: Bean factory for application context
                  [org.springframework.context.support.
                  ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;hashCode=1111763]:
                  org.springframework.beans.fact
                  ory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans
                  [application,lifecycleAdvi
                  sor,applicationDescriptor,applicationObjectConfigurer,applicationEventMulticaste
                  r,componentFactory,lookAndFeelConfigurer,messageSource,imageResourcesFactory,ima
                  geSource,iconSource,formComponentInterceptorFactory,formPropertyFaceDescriptorSo
                  urce,searchComponent,skillManagerView,skillImporter,skillManager,featManagerView
                  ,featImporter,featManager,itemManagerView,itemManager,raceManagerView,raceManage
                  r,sessionFactory,transactionManager,transactionTemplate,luceneSearcher,objectInd
                  exer,analyzer,skillDao,featDao,abilityDao,alignmentDao,abilityScoreDao,character
                  ClassDao,encumberanceDao,languageDao,raceDao,itemDao,characterDao,currencyDao,da
                  taSource,directoryManager]; root of BeanFactory hierarchy
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:57:38 PM
                  org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                  ontext refresh
                  INFO: 44 beans defined in application context
                  [org.springframework.context.suppo
                  rt.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;hashCode=1111763]
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:57:38 PM
                  org.springframework.core.io.support.PropertiesLoaderSupp
                  ort loadProperties
                  INFO: Loading properties file from class path resource
                  [org/springframework/rich
                  client/image/images.properties]
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:57:38 PM
                  org.springframework.core.io.support.PropertiesLoaderSupp
                  ort loadProperties
                  INFO: Loading properties file from class path resource [images.properties]
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:57:38 PM
                  org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                  ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
                  INFO: Bean 'imageResourcesFactory' is not eligible for getting processed by
                  all
                  BeanPostProcessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
                  org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                  ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
                  INFO: Bean 'imageSource' is not eligible for getting processed by all
                  BeanPostPr
                  ocessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
                  org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                  ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
                  INFO: Bean 'iconSource' is not eligible for getting processed by all
                  BeanPostPro
                  cessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
                  org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                  ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
                  INFO: Bean 'messageSource' is not eligible for getting processed by all
                  BeanPost
                  Processors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
                  org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                  ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
                  INFO: Bean 'applicationObjectConfigurer' is not eligible for getting
                  processed b
                  y all BeanPostProcessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
                  org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                  ontext initMessageSource
                  INFO: Using MessageSource
                  [org.springframework.context.support.ResourceBundleMes
                  sageSource:
                  basenames=[messages,org.springframework.richclient.application.messa
                  ges]]
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
                  org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                  ontext initApplicationEventMulticaster
                  INFO: Using ApplicationEventMulticaster
                  [org.springframework.context.event.Simpl
                  eApplicationEventMulticaster@c743eb]
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
[...]
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:57:46 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.core.LabeledObjectSupport
                  getDisplayName
                  INFO: This labeled object's display name is not configured; returning
                  'displayNa
                  me'
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:57:46 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                  tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                  INFO: Labeled property message code 'applicationDescriptor.label' does not
                  exist
                  in message bundle; continuing...
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:57:46 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                  tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadImage
                  INFO: Labelable bean's image 'applicationDescriptor.image' does not exist
                  in ima
                  ge bundle; continuing...
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:58:12 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                  tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                  INFO: Labeled property message code 'skillManagerView.title' does not exist
                  in m
                  essage bundle; continuing...
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:58:12 PM
[...]
                  INFO: Labeled property message code 'skillManagerView.description' does not
                  exis
                  t in message bundle; continuing...
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:58:12 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                  tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadImage
                  INFO: Labelable bean's image 'skillManagerView.image' does not exist in
                  image bu
                  ndle; continuing...
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:58:12 PM
                  org.springframework.aop.framework.DefaultAopProxyFactory
                  <clinit>
                  INFO: CGLIB2 available: proxyTargetClass feature enabled
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:58:13 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Environment <clinit>
                  INFO: Hibernate 2.1.8
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:58:13 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Environment <clinit>
                  INFO: hibernate.properties not found
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:58:13 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Environment <clinit>
                  INFO: using CGLIB reflection optimizer
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:58:13 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Environment <clinit>
                  INFO: using JDK 1.4 java.sql.Timestamp handling
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:58:13 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                  INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.ability.PointCostValue ->
                  SHA_ABILITY_P
                  OINT_COST
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                  INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.character.DefaultPlayerCharacter
                  -> SHA
                  _CHARACTER
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.type.CustomType <init>
                  WARNING: custom type does not implement Serializable: class
                  com.codecrate.shard.
                  character.AlignmentUserType
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                  INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.equipment.DefaultItem -> SHA_ITEM
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.type.CustomType <init>
                  WARNING: custom type does not implement Serializable: class
                  com.codecrate.shard.
                  equipment.MoneyUserType
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                  INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.feat.DefaultFeat -> SHA_FEAT
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                  INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.kit.DefaultCharacterClass ->
                  SHA_CLASS
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindCollection
                  INFO: Mapping collection:
                  com.codecrate.shard.kit.DefaultCharacterClass.classSki
                  lls -> SHA_CLASS_SKILL
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindCollection
                  INFO: Mapping collection:
                  com.codecrate.shard.kit.DefaultCharacterClass.bonusLan
                  guages -> SHA_CLASS_LANGUAGE
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                  INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.movement.EncumberanceEntry ->
                  SHA_ENCUM
                  BERANCE_ENTRY
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                  INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.race.DefaultLanguage ->
                  SHA_LANGUAGE
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                  INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.race.DefaultRace -> SHA_RACE
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                  INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.skill.DefaultSkill -> SHA_SKILL
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.type.CustomType <init>
                  WARNING: custom type does not implement Serializable: class
                  com.codecrate.shard.
                  ability.AbilityUserType
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindCollection
                  INFO: Mapping collection:
                  com.codecrate.shard.skill.DefaultSkill.childSkillSyner
                  gies -> SHA_SKILL_SYNERGY
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM
                  org.springframework.orm.hibernate.LocalSessionFactoryBea
                  n afterPropertiesSet
                  INFO: Building new Hibernate SessionFactory
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration
                  secondPassCompile
                  INFO: processing one-to-many association mappings
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration
                  secondPassCompile
                  INFO: processing one-to-one association property references
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration
                  secondPassCompile
                  INFO: processing foreign key constraints
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:58:15 PM net.sf.hibernate.dialect.Dialect <init>
                  INFO: Using dialect: net.sf.hibernate.dialect.HSQLDialect
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:58:15 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory buildSettings
                  INFO: Use outer join fetching: true
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:58:15 PM
                  net.sf.hibernate.connection.ConnectionProviderFactory ne
                  wConnectionProvider
                  INFO: Initializing connection provider:
                  org.springframework.orm.hibernate.LocalD
                  ataSourceConnectionProvider
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:58:15 PM
                  net.sf.hibernate.transaction.TransactionManagerLookupFac
                  tory getTransactionManagerLookup
                  INFO: No TransactionManagerLookup configured (in JTA environment, use of
                  process
                  level read-write cache is not recommended)
                  Terminate batch job (Y/N)?

                  Snapshot 2:

                  sage bundle; continuing...
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'fileMenu.icon'; returning
                  a <nu
                  ll> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'fileMenu.large.icon';
                  returning
                  a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                  tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                  INFO: Labeled property message code 'editMenu.description' does not exist
                  in mes
                  sage bundle; continuing...
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'editMenu.icon'; returning
                  a <nu
                  ll> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'editMenu.large.icon';
                  returning
                  a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                  tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                  INFO: Labeled property message code 'newWindowCommand.description' does not
                  exis
                  t in message bundle; continuing...
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'newWindowCommand.icon';
                  returni
                  ng a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                  'newWindowCommand.large.icon'; r
                  eturning a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
[...]
                  INFO: Labeled property message code 'showViewMenu.caption' does not exist
                  in mes
                  sage bundle; continuing...
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                  tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                  INFO: Labeled property message code 'showViewMenu.description' does not
                  exist in
                  message bundle; continuing...
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'showViewMenu.icon';
                  returning a
                  <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'showViewMenu.large.icon';
                  retur
                  ning a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.command.AbstractCommand g
                  etOrCreateFaceDescriptor
                  INFO: Lazily instantiating default face descriptor on behalf of caller to
                  preven
                  t npe; command is being configured manually, right?
[...]
                  INFO: Labeled property message code 'windowMenu.description' does not exist
                  in m
                  essage bundle; continuing...
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'windowMenu.icon';
                  returning a <
                  null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'windowMenu.large.icon';
                  returni
                  ng a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                  tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                  INFO: Labeled property message code 'helpContentsCommand.description' does
                  not e
                  xist in message bundle; continuing...
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                  'helpContentsCommand.selectedIco
                  n'; returning a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                  'helpContentsCommand.rolloverIco
                  n'; returning a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                  'helpContentsCommand.disabledIco
                  n'; returning a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                  'helpContentsCommand.pressedIcon
                  '; returning a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                  'helpContentsCommand.large.icon'
                  ; returning a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
[...]
                  INFO: Labeled property message code 'aboutCommand.description' does not
                  exist in
                  message bundle; continuing...
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'aboutCommand.icon';
                  returning a
                  <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'aboutCommand.large.icon';
                  retur
                  ning a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
[...]
                  INFO: Labeled property message code 'helpMenu.description' does not exist
                  in mes
                  sage bundle; continuing...
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'helpMenu.icon'; returning
                  a <nu
                  ll> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'helpMenu.large.icon';
                  returning
                  a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                  tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                  INFO: Labeled property message code 'menuBar.label' does not exist in
                  message bu
                  ndle; continuing...
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                  tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                  INFO: Labeled property message code 'menuBar.caption' does not exist in
                  message
                  bundle; continuing...
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                  tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                  INFO: Labeled property message code 'menuBar.description' does not exist in
                  mess
                  age bundle; continuing...
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'menuBar.icon'; returning a
                  <nul
                  l> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'menuBar.large.icon';
                  returning
                  a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                  tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                  INFO: Labeled property message code 'toolBar.label' does not exist in
                  message bu
                  ndle; continuing...
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                  tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                  INFO: Labeled property message code 'toolBar.caption' does not exist in
                  message
                  bundle; continuing...
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                  tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                  INFO: Labeled property message code 'toolBar.description' does not exist in
                  mess
                  age bundle; continuing...
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'toolBar.icon'; returning a
                  <nul
                  l> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'toolBar.large.icon';
                  returning
                  a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:01:32 PM
                  org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.JdbcTransactionObjec
                  tSupport <clinit>
                  INFO: JDBC 3.0 Savepoint class is available
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:01:32 PM
                  org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionR
                  eader loadBeanDefinitions
                  INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource
                  [org/springframework
                  /jdbc/support/sql-error-codes.xml]
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:01:32 PM
                  org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLErrorCodesFactory <i
                  nit>
                  INFO: SQLErrorCodes loaded: [DB2, HSQL, MS-SQL, MySQL, Oracle, Informix,
                  Postgre
                  SQL, Sybase]
                  Hibernate: select this.ID as ID0_, this.NAME as NAME0_,
                  this.IS_USABLE_UNTRAINED
                  as IS_USABL3_0_, this.HAS_ARMOR_CHECK_PENALTY as HAS_ARMO4_0_,
                  this.ABILITY as
                  ABILITY0_ from SHA_SKILL this where 1=1
                  Hibernate: select childskill0_.PARENT_SKILL as PARENT_S1___,
                  childskill0_.CHILD_
                  SKILL as CHILD_SK2___, defaultski1_.ID as ID0_, defaultski1_.NAME as
                  NAME0_, def
                  aultski1_.IS_USABLE_UNTRAINED as IS_USABL3_0_,
                  defaultski1_.HAS_ARMOR_CHECK_PENA
                  LTY as HAS_ARMO4_0_, defaultski1_.ABILITY as ABILITY0_ from
                  SHA_SKILL_SYNERGY ch
                  ildskill0_ inner join SHA_SKILL defaultski1_ on
                  childskill0_.CHILD_SKILL=default
                  ski1_.ID where childskill0_.PARENT_SKILL=?
[...]
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:01:34 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                  tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                  INFO: Labeled property message code 'featsCommandGroup.label' does not
                  exist in
                  message bundle; continuing...
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:01:34 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                  tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                  INFO: Labeled property message code 'featsCommandGroup.caption' does not
                  exist i
                  n message bundle; continuing...
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:01:34 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                  tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                  INFO: Labeled property message code 'featsCommandGroup.description' does
                  not exi
                  st in message bundle; continuing...
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:01:34 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'featsCommandGroup.icon';
                  return
                  ing a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 8:01:34 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                  'featsCommandGroup.large.icon';
                  returning a <null> icon.
                  Terminate batch job (Y/N)? ^A

                  Snashot 3:

                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'redoCommand.rolloverIcon';
                  retu
                  rning a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'redoCommand.disabledIcon';
                  retu
                  rning a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'redoCommand.pressedIcon';
                  retur
                  ning a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'redoCommand.large.icon';
                  return
                  ing a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                  tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                  INFO: Labeled property message code 'cutCommand.description' does not exist
                  in m
                  essage bundle; continuing...
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'cutCommand.selectedIcon';
                  retur
                  ning a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'cutCommand.rolloverIcon';
                  retur
                  ning a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'cutCommand.disabledIcon';
                  retur
                  ning a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'cutCommand.pressedIcon';
                  return
                  ing a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'cutCommand.large.icon';
                  returni
                  ng a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                  tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                  INFO: Labeled property message code 'copyCommand.description' does not
                  exist in
                  message bundle; continuing...
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'copyCommand.selectedIcon';
                  retu
                  rning a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'copyCommand.rolloverIcon';
                  retu
                  rning a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'copyCommand.disabledIcon';
                  retu
                  rning a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'copyCommand.pressedIcon';
                  retur
                  ning a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'copyCommand.large.icon';
                  return
                  ing a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                  tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                  INFO: Labeled property message code 'pasteCommand.description' does not
                  exist in
                  message bundle; continuing...
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                  'pasteCommand.selectedIcon'; ret
                  urning a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                  'pasteCommand.rolloverIcon'; ret
                  urning a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                  'pasteCommand.disabledIcon'; ret
                  urning a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'pasteCommand.pressedIcon';
                  retu
                  rning a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'pasteCommand.large.icon';
                  retur
                  ning a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                  tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                  INFO: Labeled property message code 'selectAllCommand.description' does not
                  exis
                  t in message bundle; continuing...
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'selectAllCommand.icon';
                  returni
                  ng a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                  'selectAllCommand.large.icon'; r
                  eturning a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                  tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                  INFO: Labeled property message code 'deleteCommand.description' does not
                  exist i
                  n message bundle; continuing...
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                  'deleteCommand.selectedIcon'; re
                  turning a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                  'deleteCommand.rolloverIcon'; re
                  turning a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                  'deleteCommand.disabledIcon'; re
                  turning a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                  'deleteCommand.pressedIcon'; ret
                  urning a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'deleteCommand.large.icon';
                  retu
                  rning a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                  tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                  INFO: Labeled property message code 'newCommand.description' does not exist
                  in m
                  essage bundle; continuing...
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'newCommand.icon';
                  returning a <
                  null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'newCommand.large.icon';
                  returni
                  ng a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                  tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                  INFO: Labeled property message code 'importCommand.description' does not
                  exist i
                  n message bundle; continuing...
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'importCommand.icon';
                  returning
                  a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'importCommand.large.icon';
                  retu
                  rning a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                  ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
                  INFO: Bean 'windowCommandManager' is not eligible for getting processed by
                  all B
                  eanPostProcessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                  ontext initMessageSource
                  INFO: Unable to locate MessageSource with name 'messageSource': using
                  default [o
                  rg.springframework.context.support.DelegatingMessageSource@aa3518]
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                  ontext initApplicationEventMulticaster
                  INFO: Unable to locate ApplicationEventMulticaster with name
                  'applicationEventMu
                  lticaster': using default
                  [org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEv
                  entMulticaster@83d8be]
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                  org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListabl
                  eBeanFactory preInstantiateSingletons
                  INFO: Pre-instantiating singletons in factory
                  [org.springframework.beans.factory
                  .support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans
                  [windowCommandManager,menuBar
                  ,toolBar,fileMenu,editMenu,windowMenu,helpMenu,helpContentsCommand,aboutCommand]
                  ; parent:
                  org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory d
                  efining beans
                  [application,lifecycleAdvisor,applicationDescriptor,applicationObj
                  ectConfigurer,applicationEventMulticaster,componentFactory,lookAndFeelConfigurer
                  ,messageSource,imageResourcesFactory,imageSource,iconSource,formComponentInterce
                  ptorFactory,formPropertyFaceDescriptorSource,searchComponent,skillManagerView,sk
                  illImporter,skillManager,featManagerView,featImporter,featManager,itemManagerVie
                  w,itemManager,raceManagerView,raceManager,sessionFactory,transactionManager,tran
                  sactionTemplate,luceneSearcher,objectIndexer,analyzer,skillDao,featDao,abilityDa
                  o,alignmentDao,abilityScoreDao,characterClassDao,encumberanceDao,languageDao,rac
                  eDao,itemDao,characterDao,currencyDao,dataSource,directoryManager]; root of
                  Bean
                  Factory hierarchy]
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:50 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                  tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                  INFO: Labeled property message code 'exitCommand.description' does not
                  exist in
                  message bundle; continuing...
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:50 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'exitCommand.icon';
                  returning a
                  <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:50 PM
                  org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                  etIcon
                  INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'exitCommand.large.icon';
                  return
                  ing a <null> icon.
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:50 PM
[...]
                  INFO: Labeled property message code 'fileMenu.description' does not exist
                  in mes
                  sage bundle; continuing...
                  Jan 11, 2006 7:59:50 PM

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 12, 2006
                    This all looks perfectly normal to me. The output does not contain
                    any errors (all of the lines are prefixed with "INFO"). I even see it
                    spitting out the sql to load skills. Most of the info messages that
                    say, "Missing....." is because I haven't localized the application
                    yet.

                    Again, I don't see any problem just looking at the log file. Can you
                    describe what happens when you try to run the batch file? Does the
                    application actually come up?
                  • Terry FitzSimons
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 12, 2006
                      Yes it actually does come up but, from using PcGen, when I get messages in
                      the .bat screen, they are usually errors that something is wrong. I hope
                      sometime in the future you get around to suppressing these types of
                      messages. I guess tomorrow I will play with it some.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 15, 2006
                        I really appreciate the feedback I've gotten thus far, and it seems
                        like there's still a pretty high barrier for users to get up and
                        running with shard, so I've done some work to try and remove that barrier.

                        If you're looking to get a quick feel of what shard is like, it might
                        not get any easier after today. =) I just re-wrote the data import
                        tool so that shard can now import an entire pcgen dataset in one shot,
                        instead of forcing users to import each file individually.

                        Once you fire up shard for the first time, just click File > Import
                        and point to the pcgen dataset you want to import (any directory under
                        pcgen/data/ that has .LST files), and you'll be up and running.

                        This feature is only available in the 0.4.0-SNAPSHOT version, but the
                        official 0.4.0 release is nearing completion!