Re: [pcgen] question for the data monkeys

  • Terry FitzSimons
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 7, 2006
      Well first I'm going to have to take the time to download, install and
      figure out how to make it run, then find out what you don't have already in
      there.

      As for what I would like is to have all of the various blanks needed,
      wanted or desired for the various files needed to make PcGen run, whether
      on one page or more. Hot kev to the on-drive docs would be needed.

      --

      Terry FitzSimons
      FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)

      On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 17:05:36 -0000, you wrote:

      >I've got a question for all the users and developers out there that
      >have built their own datasets by hand; if you were able to do this
      >using a GUI application, what would you need the application to do?
      >
      >Obviously, I'm referring to the shard-phoenix application I'm writing
      >to maintain d20 datasets. I'm really curious what your needs/wants
      >are and what features should be included in shard-phoenix to make
      >dataset management a breeze.
      >
      >http://shard.codecrate.com
    • Richard Bowers
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 7, 2006
        I agree that I haven't seen what you already have (other than the other
        posting about the maxlevel tags), so I'm posting in a vacuum, but here's
        where it would be worth it to me to pull me away from just editing text
        files:

        I'd love an easy way to maintain domains. I've developed about 300K worth of
        my own files, and I'm going through malhavoc press' stuff now (haven't
        officially said I'm doing it for anyone else or marked it as taken), and the
        most annoying thing so far is that getting the domain spells set for a new
        domain that uses domains outside the current area.

        I'd also like some way to see what the effect of doing something is. I spent
        a while this morning debugging the bug in the Soulknife class in the SRD
        (the range increment and enhancement bonus, at least in the 5.8.0 download,
        don't carry through). It took about ten minutes per test cycle, as the fixes
        involved recreating the same character from scratch a few times, to make
        sure there wasn't something redundant. I don't think you can do this easily,
        unless you build in the classes from PCGen - then, you could run it in the
        background, parse the files, and see the output.

        I'd like to be able to edit output sheets. I've been fixing/customizing the
        OpenRPG output sheet. This is easy enough in an XML editor, but pulling it
        in would be nice, if you haven't already.

        I'd like to be able to add races on one page, and have it create their
        classes, race entries, and biosetting entries for me, without me having to
        worry about it.

        I'd like to have impact checking and dependency checking - for each file,
        including the output sheets, you keep track of its namespace, and you track
        where there are duplicates . That gives you the ability to see what needs to
        change if you change something. An example would be in cases where someone
        has changed Blind-fight to Blind fight, and you want to see what's dependent
        on this.

        Talking crazy - I'd love a TWAIN plug-in that was smart enough to do text
        recognition on the standard class definitions from WOTC.

        I'd suggest picking a few prestige classes that are really annoying to code
        by hand - like the ones from Lords of Madness - and see how hard it is to
        add them.

        This may be a FAQ (sorry, I'm a newbie on this list), but aside from having
        an IDE, I'd love a major mode for Emacs, an editor for Vim, and maybe a
        syntax file for Crimson, since I use all three of them. I'll probably get
        around to one of those, one of these days.

        On 1/7/06, wireframe6464 <wireframe@...> wrote:

        > I've got a question for all the users and developers out there that
        > have built their own datasets by hand; if you were able to do this
        > using a GUI application, what would you need the application to do?
        >
        > Obviously, I'm referring to the shard-phoenix application I'm writing
        > to maintain d20 datasets. I'm really curious what your needs/wants
        > are and what features should be included in shard-phoenix to make
        > dataset management a breeze.
        >
        > http://shard.codecrate.com

      • wireframe6464
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 8, 2006
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Terry FitzSimons <fitzsimons@m...> wrote:

          > Well first I'm going to have to take the time to download, install and
          > figure out how to make it run, then find out what you don't have
          already in
          > there.

          Hopefully, this will be fairly straight forward. I've got a short
          FAQ/Getting started document on the project wiki
          (http://www.codecrate.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=360) that
          should help out. Let me know if you have any questions, because one
          of my goals is to make it extremely painless to get up and going!

          > As for what I would like is to have all of the various blanks needed,
          > wanted or desired for the various files needed to make PcGen run,
          whether
          > on one page or more. Hot kev to the on-drive docs would be needed.

          I'd like to hear more about these. What do you mean by hot keys to
          docs? some kind of context sensitive documentation? And for the
          "various blanks", do you mean some kind of fill in the blank form for
          creating datasets? I've got this built into shard by the way....

          > --
          >
          > Terry FitzSimons
          > FITZSIMONS@M...(Small Letters Only)
          >
          > On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 17:05:36 -0000, you wrote:
          >
          > >I've got a question for all the users and developers out there that
          > >have built their own datasets by hand; if you were able to do this
          > >using a GUI application, what would you need the application to do?
          > >
          > >Obviously, I'm referring to the shard-phoenix application I'm writing
          > >to maintain d20 datasets. I'm really curious what your needs/wants
          > >are and what features should be included in shard-phoenix to make
          > >dataset management a breeze.
          > >
          > >http://shard.codecrate.com

        • wireframe6464
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 8, 2006
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Richard Bowers <richard.bowers@g...> wrote:

            > I agree that I haven't seen what you already have (other than the other
            > posting about the maxlevel tags), so I'm posting in a vacuum, but here's
            > where it would be worth it to me to pull me away from just editing text
            > files:
            >
            > I'd love an easy way to maintain domains. I've developed about 300K
            worth of
            > my own files, and I'm going through malhavoc press' stuff now (haven't
            > officially said I'm doing it for anyone else or marked it as taken),
            and the
            > most annoying thing so far is that getting the domain spells set for
            a new
            > domain that uses domains outside the current area.

            I haven't built my own spell domain, so i'm not entirely sure what
            you'd like to see here. I've got to dig a bit more into spell domains
            in general...

            > I'd also like some way to see what the effect of doing something is.
            I spent
            > a while this morning debugging the bug in the Soulknife class in the SRD
            > (the range increment and enhancement bonus, at least in the 5.8.0
            download,
            > don't carry through). It took about ten minutes per test cycle, as
            the fixes
            > involved recreating the same character from scratch a few times, to make
            > sure there wasn't something redundant. I don't think you can do this
            easily,
            > unless you build in the classes from PCGen - then, you could run it
            in the
            > background, parse the files, and see the output.

            This should be entirely possible with shard. The shard API is
            extremely clean, and it should be possible to programatically build
            characters and test character sheet's with unit tests. I've built
            some basic unit tests around character sheets, and it could easily be
            fleshed out more to support what you need.

            > I'd like to be able to edit output sheets. I've been
            fixing/customizing the
            > OpenRPG output sheet. This is easy enough in an XML editor, but
            pulling it
            > in would be nice, if you haven't already.

            I've been using velocity as a template language, which is a major step
            up from the current PCGen output sheet syntax. The output sheets can
            still be HTML, XML, or PDF's. Whatever you'd like to build.

            > I'd like to be able to add races on one page, and have it create their
            > classes, race entries, and biosetting entries for me, without me
            having to
            > worry about it.

            Perfect. Shard has a really simple UI for creating/editing content,
            and although i haven't integrated *all* the required info, it will
            continue to be simple to use. The bottom line is that you'll *never*
            be able to create an invalid race/class/feat/skill, since it'll be
            enforced with the application wizard. A nice improvement over the
            hand editing of files.

            > I'd like to have impact checking and dependency checking - for each
            file,
            > including the output sheets, you keep track of its namespace, and
            you track
            > where there are duplicates . That gives you the ability to see what
            needs to
            > change if you change something. An example would be in cases where
            someone
            > has changed Blind-fight to Blind fight, and you want to see what's
            dependent
            > on this.
            >
            > Talking crazy - I'd love a TWAIN plug-in that was smart enough to do
            text
            > recognition on the standard class definitions from WOTC.
            >
            > I'd suggest picking a few prestige classes that are really annoying
            to code
            > by hand - like the ones from Lords of Madness - and see how hard it
            is to
            > add them.
            >
            > This may be a FAQ (sorry, I'm a newbie on this list), but aside from
            having
            > an IDE, I'd love a major mode for Emacs, an editor for Vim, and maybe a
            > syntax file for Crimson, since I use all three of them. I'll
            probably get
            > around to one of those, one of these days.

            These won't really be needed for shard since the data is stored in a
            database instead of the flat files. no need to hand edit the data
            files anymore.

            > On 1/7/06, wireframe6464 <wireframe@d...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I've got a question for all the users and developers out there that
            > > have built their own datasets by hand; if you were able to do this
            > > using a GUI application, what would you need the application to do?
            > >
            > > Obviously, I'm referring to the shard-phoenix application I'm writing
            > > to maintain d20 datasets. I'm really curious what your needs/wants
            > > are and what features should be included in shard-phoenix to make
            > > dataset management a breeze.
            > >
            > > http://shard.codecrate.com

          • wireframe6464
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 8, 2006
              I just uploaded a new snapshot of shard which has improved importing
              of pcgen data if you'd like to give it a spin.

              https://shard.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=4565

              Let me know if you have any issues or questions.
            • Terry FitzSimons
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 10, 2006
                Well it won't be straight forward. The 3.0 version was full of exception
                errors when I installed it. Tried twice with directory deletes between and
                twice without deletes. Is there a newsgroup somewhere as its not showing
                up on the updated newsgroups download from the ISP. That I can post the
                exceptions that showed up?

                Checked on your "FAQ/Getting started document" and could not find it on the
                page.

                As far as the blank entry lines. There are maybe 12 to 20 items for an
                entry needed at most and it would be nice to click and get the document
                entry out of PcGen's directory as to what is expected in the CHOOSE entry
                for FEATS page.

                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 11, 2006
                  You can post your exceptions on the project forums
                  (http://forum.codecrate.com), or email them to me directly (wireframe
                  <AT> dev.java.net). I'd be very interested to see what the problem is
                  since i've got several of my d20 gamers to use it without issues. The
                  only OS i haven't tested out is MacOSX, so if you're running a mac,
                  i'm not sure how it will perform.

                  The FAQ isn't that extensive, but it is on the page I pointed to
                  before. See the "Mini FAQ" section.

                  I would definately recommend trying the 0.4.0-SNAPSHOT version since
                  that has the experimental PCGen import.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 11, 2006
                    Well I'm running a HP Pavilion 500
                    XP Home edition SP2
                    Java Ver. 1.4.2.05(buidb04)

                    The exception starts out as follows since the .bat window only keeps a
                    certain amount in the window before it tosses the oldest I caught three
                    snapshots.

                    Snapshot 1:

                    C:\Program Files\Shard-Phoenix\shard-phoenix>java -classpath "." -jar
                    ./shard-ph
                    oenix-0.3.0.jar
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:57:35 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.application.ApplicationLa
                    uncher loadStartupContext
                    INFO: Loading startup context...
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:57:35 PM
                    org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionR
                    eader loadBeanDefinitions
                    INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource
                    [richclient-startup-
                    context.xml]
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
                    org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableA
                    pplicationContext refreshBeanFactory
                    INFO: Bean factory for application context
                    [org.springframework.context.support.
                    ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;hashCode=31393597]:
                    org.springframework.beans.fac
                    tory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans [splashScreen]; root
                    of B
                    eanFactory hierarchy
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
                    org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                    ontext refresh
                    INFO: 1 beans defined in application context
                    [org.springframework.context.suppor
                    t.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;hashCode=31393597]
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM org.springframework.core.CollectionFactory <clinit>
                    INFO: JDK 1.4+ collections available
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
                    org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                    ontext initMessageSource
                    INFO: Unable to locate MessageSource with name 'messageSource': using
                    default [o
                    rg.springframework.context.support.DelegatingMessageSource@1c282a1]
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
                    org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                    ontext initApplicationEventMulticaster
                    INFO: Unable to locate ApplicationEventMulticaster with name
                    'applicationEventMu
                    lticaster': using default
                    [org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEv
                    entMulticaster@19b5393]
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
                    org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListabl
                    eBeanFactory preInstantiateSingletons
                    INFO: Pre-instantiating singletons in factory
                    [org.springframework.beans.factory
                    .support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans [splashScreen]; root of
                    BeanF
                    actory hierarchy]
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
                    org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionR
                    eader loadBeanDefinitions
                    INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource
                    [richclient-applicat
                    ion-context.xml]
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:57:37 PM
                    org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionR
                    eader loadBeanDefinitions
                    INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource
                    [shard-hibernate-con
                    text.xml]
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:57:37 PM
                    org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionR
                    eader loadBeanDefinitions
                    INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource
                    [shard-datasource.xm
                    l]
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:57:38 PM
                    org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableA
                    pplicationContext refreshBeanFactory
                    INFO: Bean factory for application context
                    [org.springframework.context.support.
                    ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;hashCode=1111763]:
                    org.springframework.beans.fact
                    ory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans
                    [application,lifecycleAdvi
                    sor,applicationDescriptor,applicationObjectConfigurer,applicationEventMulticaste
                    r,componentFactory,lookAndFeelConfigurer,messageSource,imageResourcesFactory,ima
                    geSource,iconSource,formComponentInterceptorFactory,formPropertyFaceDescriptorSo
                    urce,searchComponent,skillManagerView,skillImporter,skillManager,featManagerView
                    ,featImporter,featManager,itemManagerView,itemManager,raceManagerView,raceManage
                    r,sessionFactory,transactionManager,transactionTemplate,luceneSearcher,objectInd
                    exer,analyzer,skillDao,featDao,abilityDao,alignmentDao,abilityScoreDao,character
                    ClassDao,encumberanceDao,languageDao,raceDao,itemDao,characterDao,currencyDao,da
                    taSource,directoryManager]; root of BeanFactory hierarchy
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:57:38 PM
                    org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                    ontext refresh
                    INFO: 44 beans defined in application context
                    [org.springframework.context.suppo
                    rt.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;hashCode=1111763]
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:57:38 PM
                    org.springframework.core.io.support.PropertiesLoaderSupp
                    ort loadProperties
                    INFO: Loading properties file from class path resource
                    [org/springframework/rich
                    client/image/images.properties]
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:57:38 PM
                    org.springframework.core.io.support.PropertiesLoaderSupp
                    ort loadProperties
                    INFO: Loading properties file from class path resource [images.properties]
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:57:38 PM
                    org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                    ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
                    INFO: Bean 'imageResourcesFactory' is not eligible for getting processed by
                    all
                    BeanPostProcessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
                    org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                    ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
                    INFO: Bean 'imageSource' is not eligible for getting processed by all
                    BeanPostPr
                    ocessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
                    org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                    ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
                    INFO: Bean 'iconSource' is not eligible for getting processed by all
                    BeanPostPro
                    cessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
                    org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                    ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
                    INFO: Bean 'messageSource' is not eligible for getting processed by all
                    BeanPost
                    Processors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
                    org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                    ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
                    INFO: Bean 'applicationObjectConfigurer' is not eligible for getting
                    processed b
                    y all BeanPostProcessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
                    org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                    ontext initMessageSource
                    INFO: Using MessageSource
                    [org.springframework.context.support.ResourceBundleMes
                    sageSource:
                    basenames=[messages,org.springframework.richclient.application.messa
                    ges]]
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
                    org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                    ontext initApplicationEventMulticaster
                    INFO: Using ApplicationEventMulticaster
                    [org.springframework.context.event.Simpl
                    eApplicationEventMulticaster@c743eb]
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
[...]
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:57:46 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.core.LabeledObjectSupport
                    getDisplayName
                    INFO: This labeled object's display name is not configured; returning
                    'displayNa
                    me'
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:57:46 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                    tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                    INFO: Labeled property message code 'applicationDescriptor.label' does not
                    exist
                    in message bundle; continuing...
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:57:46 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                    tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadImage
                    INFO: Labelable bean's image 'applicationDescriptor.image' does not exist
                    in ima
                    ge bundle; continuing...
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:58:12 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                    tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                    INFO: Labeled property message code 'skillManagerView.title' does not exist
                    in m
                    essage bundle; continuing...
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:58:12 PM
[...]
                    INFO: Labeled property message code 'skillManagerView.description' does not
                    exis
                    t in message bundle; continuing...
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:58:12 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                    tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadImage
                    INFO: Labelable bean's image 'skillManagerView.image' does not exist in
                    image bu
                    ndle; continuing...
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:58:12 PM
                    org.springframework.aop.framework.DefaultAopProxyFactory
                    <clinit>
                    INFO: CGLIB2 available: proxyTargetClass feature enabled
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:58:13 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Environment <clinit>
                    INFO: Hibernate 2.1.8
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:58:13 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Environment <clinit>
                    INFO: hibernate.properties not found
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:58:13 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Environment <clinit>
                    INFO: using CGLIB reflection optimizer
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:58:13 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Environment <clinit>
                    INFO: using JDK 1.4 java.sql.Timestamp handling
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:58:13 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                    INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.ability.PointCostValue ->
                    SHA_ABILITY_P
                    OINT_COST
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                    INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.character.DefaultPlayerCharacter
                    -> SHA
                    _CHARACTER
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.type.CustomType <init>
                    WARNING: custom type does not implement Serializable: class
                    com.codecrate.shard.
                    character.AlignmentUserType
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                    INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.equipment.DefaultItem -> SHA_ITEM
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.type.CustomType <init>
                    WARNING: custom type does not implement Serializable: class
                    com.codecrate.shard.
                    equipment.MoneyUserType
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                    INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.feat.DefaultFeat -> SHA_FEAT
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                    INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.kit.DefaultCharacterClass ->
                    SHA_CLASS
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindCollection
                    INFO: Mapping collection:
                    com.codecrate.shard.kit.DefaultCharacterClass.classSki
                    lls -> SHA_CLASS_SKILL
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindCollection
                    INFO: Mapping collection:
                    com.codecrate.shard.kit.DefaultCharacterClass.bonusLan
                    guages -> SHA_CLASS_LANGUAGE
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                    INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.movement.EncumberanceEntry ->
                    SHA_ENCUM
                    BERANCE_ENTRY
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                    INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.race.DefaultLanguage ->
                    SHA_LANGUAGE
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                    INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.race.DefaultRace -> SHA_RACE
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                    INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.skill.DefaultSkill -> SHA_SKILL
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.type.CustomType <init>
                    WARNING: custom type does not implement Serializable: class
                    com.codecrate.shard.
                    ability.AbilityUserType
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindCollection
                    INFO: Mapping collection:
                    com.codecrate.shard.skill.DefaultSkill.childSkillSyner
                    gies -> SHA_SKILL_SYNERGY
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM
                    org.springframework.orm.hibernate.LocalSessionFactoryBea
                    n afterPropertiesSet
                    INFO: Building new Hibernate SessionFactory
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration
                    secondPassCompile
                    INFO: processing one-to-many association mappings
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration
                    secondPassCompile
                    INFO: processing one-to-one association property references
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration
                    secondPassCompile
                    INFO: processing foreign key constraints
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:58:15 PM net.sf.hibernate.dialect.Dialect <init>
                    INFO: Using dialect: net.sf.hibernate.dialect.HSQLDialect
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:58:15 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory buildSettings
                    INFO: Use outer join fetching: true
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:58:15 PM
                    net.sf.hibernate.connection.ConnectionProviderFactory ne
                    wConnectionProvider
                    INFO: Initializing connection provider:
                    org.springframework.orm.hibernate.LocalD
                    ataSourceConnectionProvider
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:58:15 PM
                    net.sf.hibernate.transaction.TransactionManagerLookupFac
                    tory getTransactionManagerLookup
                    INFO: No TransactionManagerLookup configured (in JTA environment, use of
                    process
                    level read-write cache is not recommended)
                    Terminate batch job (Y/N)?

                    Snapshot 2:

                    sage bundle; continuing...
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'fileMenu.icon'; returning
                    a <nu
                    ll> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'fileMenu.large.icon';
                    returning
                    a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                    tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                    INFO: Labeled property message code 'editMenu.description' does not exist
                    in mes
                    sage bundle; continuing...
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'editMenu.icon'; returning
                    a <nu
                    ll> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'editMenu.large.icon';
                    returning
                    a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                    tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                    INFO: Labeled property message code 'newWindowCommand.description' does not
                    exis
                    t in message bundle; continuing...
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'newWindowCommand.icon';
                    returni
                    ng a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                    'newWindowCommand.large.icon'; r
                    eturning a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
[...]
                    INFO: Labeled property message code 'showViewMenu.caption' does not exist
                    in mes
                    sage bundle; continuing...
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                    tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                    INFO: Labeled property message code 'showViewMenu.description' does not
                    exist in
                    message bundle; continuing...
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'showViewMenu.icon';
                    returning a
                    <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'showViewMenu.large.icon';
                    retur
                    ning a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.command.AbstractCommand g
                    etOrCreateFaceDescriptor
                    INFO: Lazily instantiating default face descriptor on behalf of caller to
                    preven
                    t npe; command is being configured manually, right?
[...]
                    INFO: Labeled property message code 'windowMenu.description' does not exist
                    in m
                    essage bundle; continuing...
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'windowMenu.icon';
                    returning a <
                    null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'windowMenu.large.icon';
                    returni
                    ng a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                    tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                    INFO: Labeled property message code 'helpContentsCommand.description' does
                    not e
                    xist in message bundle; continuing...
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                    'helpContentsCommand.selectedIco
                    n'; returning a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                    'helpContentsCommand.rolloverIco
                    n'; returning a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                    'helpContentsCommand.disabledIco
                    n'; returning a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                    'helpContentsCommand.pressedIcon
                    '; returning a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                    'helpContentsCommand.large.icon'
                    ; returning a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
[...]
                    INFO: Labeled property message code 'aboutCommand.description' does not
                    exist in
                    message bundle; continuing...
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'aboutCommand.icon';
                    returning a
                    <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'aboutCommand.large.icon';
                    retur
                    ning a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
[...]
                    INFO: Labeled property message code 'helpMenu.description' does not exist
                    in mes
                    sage bundle; continuing...
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'helpMenu.icon'; returning
                    a <nu
                    ll> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'helpMenu.large.icon';
                    returning
                    a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                    tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                    INFO: Labeled property message code 'menuBar.label' does not exist in
                    message bu
                    ndle; continuing...
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                    tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                    INFO: Labeled property message code 'menuBar.caption' does not exist in
                    message
                    bundle; continuing...
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                    tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                    INFO: Labeled property message code 'menuBar.description' does not exist in
                    mess
                    age bundle; continuing...
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'menuBar.icon'; returning a
                    <nul
                    l> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'menuBar.large.icon';
                    returning
                    a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                    tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                    INFO: Labeled property message code 'toolBar.label' does not exist in
                    message bu
                    ndle; continuing...
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                    tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                    INFO: Labeled property message code 'toolBar.caption' does not exist in
                    message
                    bundle; continuing...
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                    tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                    INFO: Labeled property message code 'toolBar.description' does not exist in
                    mess
                    age bundle; continuing...
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'toolBar.icon'; returning a
                    <nul
                    l> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'toolBar.large.icon';
                    returning
                    a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:01:32 PM
                    org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.JdbcTransactionObjec
                    tSupport <clinit>
                    INFO: JDBC 3.0 Savepoint class is available
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:01:32 PM
                    org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionR
                    eader loadBeanDefinitions
                    INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource
                    [org/springframework
                    /jdbc/support/sql-error-codes.xml]
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:01:32 PM
                    org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLErrorCodesFactory <i
                    nit>
                    INFO: SQLErrorCodes loaded: [DB2, HSQL, MS-SQL, MySQL, Oracle, Informix,
                    Postgre
                    SQL, Sybase]
                    Hibernate: select this.ID as ID0_, this.NAME as NAME0_,
                    this.IS_USABLE_UNTRAINED
                    as IS_USABL3_0_, this.HAS_ARMOR_CHECK_PENALTY as HAS_ARMO4_0_,
                    this.ABILITY as
                    ABILITY0_ from SHA_SKILL this where 1=1
                    Hibernate: select childskill0_.PARENT_SKILL as PARENT_S1___,
                    childskill0_.CHILD_
                    SKILL as CHILD_SK2___, defaultski1_.ID as ID0_, defaultski1_.NAME as
                    NAME0_, def
                    aultski1_.IS_USABLE_UNTRAINED as IS_USABL3_0_,
                    defaultski1_.HAS_ARMOR_CHECK_PENA
                    LTY as HAS_ARMO4_0_, defaultski1_.ABILITY as ABILITY0_ from
                    SHA_SKILL_SYNERGY ch
                    ildskill0_ inner join SHA_SKILL defaultski1_ on
                    childskill0_.CHILD_SKILL=default
                    ski1_.ID where childskill0_.PARENT_SKILL=?
[...]
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:01:34 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                    tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                    INFO: Labeled property message code 'featsCommandGroup.label' does not
                    exist in
                    message bundle; continuing...
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:01:34 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                    tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                    INFO: Labeled property message code 'featsCommandGroup.caption' does not
                    exist i
                    n message bundle; continuing...
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:01:34 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                    tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                    INFO: Labeled property message code 'featsCommandGroup.description' does
                    not exi
                    st in message bundle; continuing...
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:01:34 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'featsCommandGroup.icon';
                    return
                    ing a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 8:01:34 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                    'featsCommandGroup.large.icon';
                    returning a <null> icon.
                    Terminate batch job (Y/N)? ^A

                    Snashot 3:

                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'redoCommand.rolloverIcon';
                    retu
                    rning a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'redoCommand.disabledIcon';
                    retu
                    rning a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'redoCommand.pressedIcon';
                    retur
                    ning a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'redoCommand.large.icon';
                    return
                    ing a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                    tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                    INFO: Labeled property message code 'cutCommand.description' does not exist
                    in m
                    essage bundle; continuing...
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'cutCommand.selectedIcon';
                    retur
                    ning a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'cutCommand.rolloverIcon';
                    retur
                    ning a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'cutCommand.disabledIcon';
                    retur
                    ning a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'cutCommand.pressedIcon';
                    return
                    ing a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'cutCommand.large.icon';
                    returni
                    ng a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                    tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                    INFO: Labeled property message code 'copyCommand.description' does not
                    exist in
                    message bundle; continuing...
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'copyCommand.selectedIcon';
                    retu
                    rning a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'copyCommand.rolloverIcon';
                    retu
                    rning a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'copyCommand.disabledIcon';
                    retu
                    rning a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'copyCommand.pressedIcon';
                    retur
                    ning a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'copyCommand.large.icon';
                    return
                    ing a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                    tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                    INFO: Labeled property message code 'pasteCommand.description' does not
                    exist in
                    message bundle; continuing...
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                    'pasteCommand.selectedIcon'; ret
                    urning a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                    'pasteCommand.rolloverIcon'; ret
                    urning a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                    'pasteCommand.disabledIcon'; ret
                    urning a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'pasteCommand.pressedIcon';
                    retu
                    rning a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'pasteCommand.large.icon';
                    retur
                    ning a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                    tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                    INFO: Labeled property message code 'selectAllCommand.description' does not
                    exis
                    t in message bundle; continuing...
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'selectAllCommand.icon';
                    returni
                    ng a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                    'selectAllCommand.large.icon'; r
                    eturning a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                    tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                    INFO: Labeled property message code 'deleteCommand.description' does not
                    exist i
                    n message bundle; continuing...
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                    'deleteCommand.selectedIcon'; re
                    turning a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                    'deleteCommand.rolloverIcon'; re
                    turning a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                    'deleteCommand.disabledIcon'; re
                    turning a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                    'deleteCommand.pressedIcon'; ret
                    urning a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'deleteCommand.large.icon';
                    retu
                    rning a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                    tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                    INFO: Labeled property message code 'newCommand.description' does not exist
                    in m
                    essage bundle; continuing...
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'newCommand.icon';
                    returning a <
                    null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'newCommand.large.icon';
                    returni
                    ng a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                    tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                    INFO: Labeled property message code 'importCommand.description' does not
                    exist i
                    n message bundle; continuing...
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'importCommand.icon';
                    returning
                    a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'importCommand.large.icon';
                    retu
                    rning a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                    ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
                    INFO: Bean 'windowCommandManager' is not eligible for getting processed by
                    all B
                    eanPostProcessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                    ontext initMessageSource
                    INFO: Unable to locate MessageSource with name 'messageSource': using
                    default [o
                    rg.springframework.context.support.DelegatingMessageSource@aa3518]
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                    ontext initApplicationEventMulticaster
                    INFO: Unable to locate ApplicationEventMulticaster with name
                    'applicationEventMu
                    lticaster': using default
                    [org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEv
                    entMulticaster@83d8be]
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                    org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListabl
                    eBeanFactory preInstantiateSingletons
                    INFO: Pre-instantiating singletons in factory
                    [org.springframework.beans.factory
                    .support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans
                    [windowCommandManager,menuBar
                    ,toolBar,fileMenu,editMenu,windowMenu,helpMenu,helpContentsCommand,aboutCommand]
                    ; parent:
                    org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory d
                    efining beans
                    [application,lifecycleAdvisor,applicationDescriptor,applicationObj
                    ectConfigurer,applicationEventMulticaster,componentFactory,lookAndFeelConfigurer
                    ,messageSource,imageResourcesFactory,imageSource,iconSource,formComponentInterce
                    ptorFactory,formPropertyFaceDescriptorSource,searchComponent,skillManagerView,sk
                    illImporter,skillManager,featManagerView,featImporter,featManager,itemManagerVie
                    w,itemManager,raceManagerView,raceManager,sessionFactory,transactionManager,tran
                    sactionTemplate,luceneSearcher,objectIndexer,analyzer,skillDao,featDao,abilityDa
                    o,alignmentDao,abilityScoreDao,characterClassDao,encumberanceDao,languageDao,rac
                    eDao,itemDao,characterDao,currencyDao,dataSource,directoryManager]; root of
                    Bean
                    Factory hierarchy]
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:50 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                    tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                    INFO: Labeled property message code 'exitCommand.description' does not
                    exist in
                    message bundle; continuing...
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:50 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'exitCommand.icon';
                    returning a
                    <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:50 PM
                    org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                    etIcon
                    INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'exitCommand.large.icon';
                    return
                    ing a <null> icon.
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:50 PM
[...]
                    INFO: Labeled property message code 'fileMenu.description' does not exist
                    in mes
                    sage bundle; continuing...
                    Jan 11, 2006 7:59:50 PM

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 12, 2006
                      This all looks perfectly normal to me. The output does not contain
                      any errors (all of the lines are prefixed with "INFO"). I even see it
                      spitting out the sql to load skills. Most of the info messages that
                      say, "Missing....." is because I haven't localized the application
                      yet.

                      Again, I don't see any problem just looking at the log file. Can you
                      describe what happens when you try to run the batch file? Does the
                      application actually come up?
                    • Terry FitzSimons
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 12, 2006
                        Yes it actually does come up but, from using PcGen, when I get messages in
                        the .bat screen, they are usually errors that something is wrong. I hope
                        sometime in the future you get around to suppressing these types of
                        messages. I guess tomorrow I will play with it some.

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 15, 2006
                          I really appreciate the feedback I've gotten thus far, and it seems
                          like there's still a pretty high barrier for users to get up and
                          running with shard, so I've done some work to try and remove that barrier.

                          If you're looking to get a quick feel of what shard is like, it might
                          not get any easier after today. =) I just re-wrote the data import
                          tool so that shard can now import an entire pcgen dataset in one shot,
                          instead of forcing users to import each file individually.

                          Once you fire up shard for the first time, just click File > Import
                          and point to the pcgen dataset you want to import (any directory under
                          pcgen/data/ that has .LST files), and you'll be up and running.

                          This feature is only available in the 0.4.0-SNAPSHOT version, but the
                          official 0.4.0 release is nearing completion!