question for the data monkeys

  • wireframe6464
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 7, 2006
      I've got a question for all the users and developers out there that
      have built their own datasets by hand; if you were able to do this
      using a GUI application, what would you need the application to do?

      Obviously, I'm referring to the shard-phoenix application I'm writing
      to maintain d20 datasets. I'm really curious what your needs/wants
      are and what features should be included in shard-phoenix to make
      dataset management a breeze.

      http://shard.codecrate.com
    • Terry FitzSimons
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 7, 2006
        Well first I'm going to have to take the time to download, install and
        figure out how to make it run, then find out what you don't have already in
        there.

        As for what I would like is to have all of the various blanks needed,
        wanted or desired for the various files needed to make PcGen run, whether
        on one page or more. Hot kev to the on-drive docs would be needed.

        --

        Terry FitzSimons
        FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)

        On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 17:05:36 -0000, you wrote:

        >I've got a question for all the users and developers out there that
        >have built their own datasets by hand; if you were able to do this
        >using a GUI application, what would you need the application to do?
        >
        >Obviously, I'm referring to the shard-phoenix application I'm writing
        >to maintain d20 datasets. I'm really curious what your needs/wants
        >are and what features should be included in shard-phoenix to make
        >dataset management a breeze.
        >
        >http://shard.codecrate.com
      • Richard Bowers
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 7, 2006
          I agree that I haven't seen what you already have (other than the other
          posting about the maxlevel tags), so I'm posting in a vacuum, but here's
          where it would be worth it to me to pull me away from just editing text
          files:

          I'd love an easy way to maintain domains. I've developed about 300K worth of
          my own files, and I'm going through malhavoc press' stuff now (haven't
          officially said I'm doing it for anyone else or marked it as taken), and the
          most annoying thing so far is that getting the domain spells set for a new
          domain that uses domains outside the current area.

          I'd also like some way to see what the effect of doing something is. I spent
          a while this morning debugging the bug in the Soulknife class in the SRD
          (the range increment and enhancement bonus, at least in the 5.8.0 download,
          don't carry through). It took about ten minutes per test cycle, as the fixes
          involved recreating the same character from scratch a few times, to make
          sure there wasn't something redundant. I don't think you can do this easily,
          unless you build in the classes from PCGen - then, you could run it in the
          background, parse the files, and see the output.

          I'd like to be able to edit output sheets. I've been fixing/customizing the
          OpenRPG output sheet. This is easy enough in an XML editor, but pulling it
          in would be nice, if you haven't already.

          I'd like to be able to add races on one page, and have it create their
          classes, race entries, and biosetting entries for me, without me having to
          worry about it.

          I'd like to have impact checking and dependency checking - for each file,
          including the output sheets, you keep track of its namespace, and you track
          where there are duplicates . That gives you the ability to see what needs to
          change if you change something. An example would be in cases where someone
          has changed Blind-fight to Blind fight, and you want to see what's dependent
          on this.

          Talking crazy - I'd love a TWAIN plug-in that was smart enough to do text
          recognition on the standard class definitions from WOTC.

          I'd suggest picking a few prestige classes that are really annoying to code
          by hand - like the ones from Lords of Madness - and see how hard it is to
          add them.

          This may be a FAQ (sorry, I'm a newbie on this list), but aside from having
          an IDE, I'd love a major mode for Emacs, an editor for Vim, and maybe a
          syntax file for Crimson, since I use all three of them. I'll probably get
          around to one of those, one of these days.

          On 1/7/06, wireframe6464 <wireframe@...> wrote:

          > I've got a question for all the users and developers out there that
          > have built their own datasets by hand; if you were able to do this
          > using a GUI application, what would you need the application to do?
          >
          > Obviously, I'm referring to the shard-phoenix application I'm writing
          > to maintain d20 datasets. I'm really curious what your needs/wants
          > are and what features should be included in shard-phoenix to make
          > dataset management a breeze.
          >
          > http://shard.codecrate.com

        • wireframe6464
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 8, 2006
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Terry FitzSimons <fitzsimons@m...> wrote:

            > Well first I'm going to have to take the time to download, install and
            > figure out how to make it run, then find out what you don't have
            already in
            > there.

            Hopefully, this will be fairly straight forward. I've got a short
            FAQ/Getting started document on the project wiki
            (http://www.codecrate.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=360) that
            should help out. Let me know if you have any questions, because one
            of my goals is to make it extremely painless to get up and going!

            > As for what I would like is to have all of the various blanks needed,
            > wanted or desired for the various files needed to make PcGen run,
            whether
            > on one page or more. Hot kev to the on-drive docs would be needed.

            I'd like to hear more about these. What do you mean by hot keys to
            docs? some kind of context sensitive documentation? And for the
            "various blanks", do you mean some kind of fill in the blank form for
            creating datasets? I've got this built into shard by the way....

            > --
            >
            > Terry FitzSimons
            > FITZSIMONS@M...(Small Letters Only)
            >
            > On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 17:05:36 -0000, you wrote:
            >
            > >I've got a question for all the users and developers out there that
            > >have built their own datasets by hand; if you were able to do this
            > >using a GUI application, what would you need the application to do?
            > >
            > >Obviously, I'm referring to the shard-phoenix application I'm writing
            > >to maintain d20 datasets. I'm really curious what your needs/wants
            > >are and what features should be included in shard-phoenix to make
            > >dataset management a breeze.
            > >
            > >http://shard.codecrate.com

          • wireframe6464
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 8, 2006
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Richard Bowers <richard.bowers@g...> wrote:

              > I agree that I haven't seen what you already have (other than the other
              > posting about the maxlevel tags), so I'm posting in a vacuum, but here's
              > where it would be worth it to me to pull me away from just editing text
              > files:
              >
              > I'd love an easy way to maintain domains. I've developed about 300K
              worth of
              > my own files, and I'm going through malhavoc press' stuff now (haven't
              > officially said I'm doing it for anyone else or marked it as taken),
              and the
              > most annoying thing so far is that getting the domain spells set for
              a new
              > domain that uses domains outside the current area.

              I haven't built my own spell domain, so i'm not entirely sure what
              you'd like to see here. I've got to dig a bit more into spell domains
              in general...

              > I'd also like some way to see what the effect of doing something is.
              I spent
              > a while this morning debugging the bug in the Soulknife class in the SRD
              > (the range increment and enhancement bonus, at least in the 5.8.0
              download,
              > don't carry through). It took about ten minutes per test cycle, as
              the fixes
              > involved recreating the same character from scratch a few times, to make
              > sure there wasn't something redundant. I don't think you can do this
              easily,
              > unless you build in the classes from PCGen - then, you could run it
              in the
              > background, parse the files, and see the output.

              This should be entirely possible with shard. The shard API is
              extremely clean, and it should be possible to programatically build
              characters and test character sheet's with unit tests. I've built
              some basic unit tests around character sheets, and it could easily be
              fleshed out more to support what you need.

              > I'd like to be able to edit output sheets. I've been
              fixing/customizing the
              > OpenRPG output sheet. This is easy enough in an XML editor, but
              pulling it
              > in would be nice, if you haven't already.

              I've been using velocity as a template language, which is a major step
              up from the current PCGen output sheet syntax. The output sheets can
              still be HTML, XML, or PDF's. Whatever you'd like to build.

              > I'd like to be able to add races on one page, and have it create their
              > classes, race entries, and biosetting entries for me, without me
              having to
              > worry about it.

              Perfect. Shard has a really simple UI for creating/editing content,
              and although i haven't integrated *all* the required info, it will
              continue to be simple to use. The bottom line is that you'll *never*
              be able to create an invalid race/class/feat/skill, since it'll be
              enforced with the application wizard. A nice improvement over the
              hand editing of files.

              > I'd like to have impact checking and dependency checking - for each
              file,
              > including the output sheets, you keep track of its namespace, and
              you track
              > where there are duplicates . That gives you the ability to see what
              needs to
              > change if you change something. An example would be in cases where
              someone
              > has changed Blind-fight to Blind fight, and you want to see what's
              dependent
              > on this.
              >
              > Talking crazy - I'd love a TWAIN plug-in that was smart enough to do
              text
              > recognition on the standard class definitions from WOTC.
              >
              > I'd suggest picking a few prestige classes that are really annoying
              to code
              > by hand - like the ones from Lords of Madness - and see how hard it
              is to
              > add them.
              >
              > This may be a FAQ (sorry, I'm a newbie on this list), but aside from
              having
              > an IDE, I'd love a major mode for Emacs, an editor for Vim, and maybe a
              > syntax file for Crimson, since I use all three of them. I'll
              probably get
              > around to one of those, one of these days.

              These won't really be needed for shard since the data is stored in a
              database instead of the flat files. no need to hand edit the data
              files anymore.

              > On 1/7/06, wireframe6464 <wireframe@d...> wrote:
              > >
              > > I've got a question for all the users and developers out there that
              > > have built their own datasets by hand; if you were able to do this
              > > using a GUI application, what would you need the application to do?
              > >
              > > Obviously, I'm referring to the shard-phoenix application I'm writing
              > > to maintain d20 datasets. I'm really curious what your needs/wants
              > > are and what features should be included in shard-phoenix to make
              > > dataset management a breeze.
              > >
              > > http://shard.codecrate.com

            • wireframe6464
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 8, 2006
                I just uploaded a new snapshot of shard which has improved importing
                of pcgen data if you'd like to give it a spin.

                https://shard.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=4565

                Let me know if you have any issues or questions.
              • Terry FitzSimons
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 10, 2006
                  Well it won't be straight forward. The 3.0 version was full of exception
                  errors when I installed it. Tried twice with directory deletes between and
                  twice without deletes. Is there a newsgroup somewhere as its not showing
                  up on the updated newsgroups download from the ISP. That I can post the
                  exceptions that showed up?

                  Checked on your "FAQ/Getting started document" and could not find it on the
                  page.

                  As far as the blank entry lines. There are maybe 12 to 20 items for an
                  entry needed at most and it would be nice to click and get the document
                  entry out of PcGen's directory as to what is expected in the CHOOSE entry
                  for FEATS page.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 11, 2006
                    You can post your exceptions on the project forums
                    (http://forum.codecrate.com), or email them to me directly (wireframe
                    <AT> dev.java.net). I'd be very interested to see what the problem is
                    since i've got several of my d20 gamers to use it without issues. The
                    only OS i haven't tested out is MacOSX, so if you're running a mac,
                    i'm not sure how it will perform.

                    The FAQ isn't that extensive, but it is on the page I pointed to
                    before. See the "Mini FAQ" section.

                    I would definately recommend trying the 0.4.0-SNAPSHOT version since
                    that has the experimental PCGen import.

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 11, 2006
                      Well I'm running a HP Pavilion 500
                      XP Home edition SP2
                      Java Ver. 1.4.2.05(buidb04)

                      The exception starts out as follows since the .bat window only keeps a
                      certain amount in the window before it tosses the oldest I caught three
                      snapshots.

                      Snapshot 1:

                      C:\Program Files\Shard-Phoenix\shard-phoenix>java -classpath "." -jar
                      ./shard-ph
                      oenix-0.3.0.jar
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:57:35 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.application.ApplicationLa
                      uncher loadStartupContext
                      INFO: Loading startup context...
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:57:35 PM
                      org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionR
                      eader loadBeanDefinitions
                      INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource
                      [richclient-startup-
                      context.xml]
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
                      org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableA
                      pplicationContext refreshBeanFactory
                      INFO: Bean factory for application context
                      [org.springframework.context.support.
                      ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;hashCode=31393597]:
                      org.springframework.beans.fac
                      tory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans [splashScreen]; root
                      of B
                      eanFactory hierarchy
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
                      org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                      ontext refresh
                      INFO: 1 beans defined in application context
                      [org.springframework.context.suppor
                      t.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;hashCode=31393597]
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM org.springframework.core.CollectionFactory <clinit>
                      INFO: JDK 1.4+ collections available
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
                      org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                      ontext initMessageSource
                      INFO: Unable to locate MessageSource with name 'messageSource': using
                      default [o
                      rg.springframework.context.support.DelegatingMessageSource@1c282a1]
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
                      org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                      ontext initApplicationEventMulticaster
                      INFO: Unable to locate ApplicationEventMulticaster with name
                      'applicationEventMu
                      lticaster': using default
                      [org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEv
                      entMulticaster@19b5393]
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
                      org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListabl
                      eBeanFactory preInstantiateSingletons
                      INFO: Pre-instantiating singletons in factory
                      [org.springframework.beans.factory
                      .support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans [splashScreen]; root of
                      BeanF
                      actory hierarchy]
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:57:36 PM
                      org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionR
                      eader loadBeanDefinitions
                      INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource
                      [richclient-applicat
                      ion-context.xml]
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:57:37 PM
                      org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionR
                      eader loadBeanDefinitions
                      INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource
                      [shard-hibernate-con
                      text.xml]
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:57:37 PM
                      org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionR
                      eader loadBeanDefinitions
                      INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource
                      [shard-datasource.xm
                      l]
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:57:38 PM
                      org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableA
                      pplicationContext refreshBeanFactory
                      INFO: Bean factory for application context
                      [org.springframework.context.support.
                      ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;hashCode=1111763]:
                      org.springframework.beans.fact
                      ory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans
                      [application,lifecycleAdvi
                      sor,applicationDescriptor,applicationObjectConfigurer,applicationEventMulticaste
                      r,componentFactory,lookAndFeelConfigurer,messageSource,imageResourcesFactory,ima
                      geSource,iconSource,formComponentInterceptorFactory,formPropertyFaceDescriptorSo
                      urce,searchComponent,skillManagerView,skillImporter,skillManager,featManagerView
                      ,featImporter,featManager,itemManagerView,itemManager,raceManagerView,raceManage
                      r,sessionFactory,transactionManager,transactionTemplate,luceneSearcher,objectInd
                      exer,analyzer,skillDao,featDao,abilityDao,alignmentDao,abilityScoreDao,character
                      ClassDao,encumberanceDao,languageDao,raceDao,itemDao,characterDao,currencyDao,da
                      taSource,directoryManager]; root of BeanFactory hierarchy
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:57:38 PM
                      org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                      ontext refresh
                      INFO: 44 beans defined in application context
                      [org.springframework.context.suppo
                      rt.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;hashCode=1111763]
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:57:38 PM
                      org.springframework.core.io.support.PropertiesLoaderSupp
                      ort loadProperties
                      INFO: Loading properties file from class path resource
                      [org/springframework/rich
                      client/image/images.properties]
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:57:38 PM
                      org.springframework.core.io.support.PropertiesLoaderSupp
                      ort loadProperties
                      INFO: Loading properties file from class path resource [images.properties]
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:57:38 PM
                      org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                      ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
                      INFO: Bean 'imageResourcesFactory' is not eligible for getting processed by
                      all
                      BeanPostProcessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
                      org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                      ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
                      INFO: Bean 'imageSource' is not eligible for getting processed by all
                      BeanPostPr
                      ocessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
                      org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                      ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
                      INFO: Bean 'iconSource' is not eligible for getting processed by all
                      BeanPostPro
                      cessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
                      org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                      ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
                      INFO: Bean 'messageSource' is not eligible for getting processed by all
                      BeanPost
                      Processors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
                      org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                      ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
                      INFO: Bean 'applicationObjectConfigurer' is not eligible for getting
                      processed b
                      y all BeanPostProcessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
                      org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                      ontext initMessageSource
                      INFO: Using MessageSource
                      [org.springframework.context.support.ResourceBundleMes
                      sageSource:
                      basenames=[messages,org.springframework.richclient.application.messa
                      ges]]
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
                      org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                      ontext initApplicationEventMulticaster
                      INFO: Using ApplicationEventMulticaster
                      [org.springframework.context.event.Simpl
                      eApplicationEventMulticaster@c743eb]
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:57:45 PM
[...]
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:57:46 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.core.LabeledObjectSupport
                      getDisplayName
                      INFO: This labeled object's display name is not configured; returning
                      'displayNa
                      me'
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:57:46 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                      tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                      INFO: Labeled property message code 'applicationDescriptor.label' does not
                      exist
                      in message bundle; continuing...
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:57:46 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                      tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadImage
                      INFO: Labelable bean's image 'applicationDescriptor.image' does not exist
                      in ima
                      ge bundle; continuing...
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:58:12 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                      tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                      INFO: Labeled property message code 'skillManagerView.title' does not exist
                      in m
                      essage bundle; continuing...
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:58:12 PM
[...]
                      INFO: Labeled property message code 'skillManagerView.description' does not
                      exis
                      t in message bundle; continuing...
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:58:12 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                      tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadImage
                      INFO: Labelable bean's image 'skillManagerView.image' does not exist in
                      image bu
                      ndle; continuing...
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:58:12 PM
                      org.springframework.aop.framework.DefaultAopProxyFactory
                      <clinit>
                      INFO: CGLIB2 available: proxyTargetClass feature enabled
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:58:13 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Environment <clinit>
                      INFO: Hibernate 2.1.8
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:58:13 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Environment <clinit>
                      INFO: hibernate.properties not found
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:58:13 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Environment <clinit>
                      INFO: using CGLIB reflection optimizer
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:58:13 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Environment <clinit>
                      INFO: using JDK 1.4 java.sql.Timestamp handling
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:58:13 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                      INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.ability.PointCostValue ->
                      SHA_ABILITY_P
                      OINT_COST
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                      INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.character.DefaultPlayerCharacter
                      -> SHA
                      _CHARACTER
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.type.CustomType <init>
                      WARNING: custom type does not implement Serializable: class
                      com.codecrate.shard.
                      character.AlignmentUserType
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                      INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.equipment.DefaultItem -> SHA_ITEM
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.type.CustomType <init>
                      WARNING: custom type does not implement Serializable: class
                      com.codecrate.shard.
                      equipment.MoneyUserType
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                      INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.feat.DefaultFeat -> SHA_FEAT
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                      INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.kit.DefaultCharacterClass ->
                      SHA_CLASS
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindCollection
                      INFO: Mapping collection:
                      com.codecrate.shard.kit.DefaultCharacterClass.classSki
                      lls -> SHA_CLASS_SKILL
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindCollection
                      INFO: Mapping collection:
                      com.codecrate.shard.kit.DefaultCharacterClass.bonusLan
                      guages -> SHA_CLASS_LANGUAGE
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                      INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.movement.EncumberanceEntry ->
                      SHA_ENCUM
                      BERANCE_ENTRY
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                      INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.race.DefaultLanguage ->
                      SHA_LANGUAGE
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                      INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.race.DefaultRace -> SHA_RACE
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindRootClass
                      INFO: Mapping class: com.codecrate.shard.skill.DefaultSkill -> SHA_SKILL
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.type.CustomType <init>
                      WARNING: custom type does not implement Serializable: class
                      com.codecrate.shard.
                      ability.AbilityUserType
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Binder bindCollection
                      INFO: Mapping collection:
                      com.codecrate.shard.skill.DefaultSkill.childSkillSyner
                      gies -> SHA_SKILL_SYNERGY
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM
                      org.springframework.orm.hibernate.LocalSessionFactoryBea
                      n afterPropertiesSet
                      INFO: Building new Hibernate SessionFactory
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration
                      secondPassCompile
                      INFO: processing one-to-many association mappings
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration
                      secondPassCompile
                      INFO: processing one-to-one association property references
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:58:14 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration
                      secondPassCompile
                      INFO: processing foreign key constraints
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:58:15 PM net.sf.hibernate.dialect.Dialect <init>
                      INFO: Using dialect: net.sf.hibernate.dialect.HSQLDialect
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:58:15 PM net.sf.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory buildSettings
                      INFO: Use outer join fetching: true
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:58:15 PM
                      net.sf.hibernate.connection.ConnectionProviderFactory ne
                      wConnectionProvider
                      INFO: Initializing connection provider:
                      org.springframework.orm.hibernate.LocalD
                      ataSourceConnectionProvider
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:58:15 PM
                      net.sf.hibernate.transaction.TransactionManagerLookupFac
                      tory getTransactionManagerLookup
                      INFO: No TransactionManagerLookup configured (in JTA environment, use of
                      process
                      level read-write cache is not recommended)
                      Terminate batch job (Y/N)?

                      Snapshot 2:

                      sage bundle; continuing...
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'fileMenu.icon'; returning
                      a <nu
                      ll> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'fileMenu.large.icon';
                      returning
                      a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                      tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                      INFO: Labeled property message code 'editMenu.description' does not exist
                      in mes
                      sage bundle; continuing...
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'editMenu.icon'; returning
                      a <nu
                      ll> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'editMenu.large.icon';
                      returning
                      a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                      tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                      INFO: Labeled property message code 'newWindowCommand.description' does not
                      exis
                      t in message bundle; continuing...
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'newWindowCommand.icon';
                      returni
                      ng a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                      'newWindowCommand.large.icon'; r
                      eturning a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
[...]
                      INFO: Labeled property message code 'showViewMenu.caption' does not exist
                      in mes
                      sage bundle; continuing...
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                      tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                      INFO: Labeled property message code 'showViewMenu.description' does not
                      exist in
                      message bundle; continuing...
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'showViewMenu.icon';
                      returning a
                      <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'showViewMenu.large.icon';
                      retur
                      ning a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.command.AbstractCommand g
                      etOrCreateFaceDescriptor
                      INFO: Lazily instantiating default face descriptor on behalf of caller to
                      preven
                      t npe; command is being configured manually, right?
[...]
                      INFO: Labeled property message code 'windowMenu.description' does not exist
                      in m
                      essage bundle; continuing...
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'windowMenu.icon';
                      returning a <
                      null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'windowMenu.large.icon';
                      returni
                      ng a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                      tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                      INFO: Labeled property message code 'helpContentsCommand.description' does
                      not e
                      xist in message bundle; continuing...
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                      'helpContentsCommand.selectedIco
                      n'; returning a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                      'helpContentsCommand.rolloverIco
                      n'; returning a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                      'helpContentsCommand.disabledIco
                      n'; returning a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                      'helpContentsCommand.pressedIcon
                      '; returning a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                      'helpContentsCommand.large.icon'
                      ; returning a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
[...]
                      INFO: Labeled property message code 'aboutCommand.description' does not
                      exist in
                      message bundle; continuing...
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'aboutCommand.icon';
                      returning a
                      <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'aboutCommand.large.icon';
                      retur
                      ning a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:57 PM
[...]
                      INFO: Labeled property message code 'helpMenu.description' does not exist
                      in mes
                      sage bundle; continuing...
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'helpMenu.icon'; returning
                      a <nu
                      ll> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'helpMenu.large.icon';
                      returning
                      a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                      tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                      INFO: Labeled property message code 'menuBar.label' does not exist in
                      message bu
                      ndle; continuing...
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                      tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                      INFO: Labeled property message code 'menuBar.caption' does not exist in
                      message
                      bundle; continuing...
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                      tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                      INFO: Labeled property message code 'menuBar.description' does not exist in
                      mess
                      age bundle; continuing...
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'menuBar.icon'; returning a
                      <nul
                      l> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'menuBar.large.icon';
                      returning
                      a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                      tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                      INFO: Labeled property message code 'toolBar.label' does not exist in
                      message bu
                      ndle; continuing...
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                      tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                      INFO: Labeled property message code 'toolBar.caption' does not exist in
                      message
                      bundle; continuing...
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                      tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                      INFO: Labeled property message code 'toolBar.description' does not exist in
                      mess
                      age bundle; continuing...
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'toolBar.icon'; returning a
                      <nul
                      l> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:00:58 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'toolBar.large.icon';
                      returning
                      a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:01:32 PM
                      org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.JdbcTransactionObjec
                      tSupport <clinit>
                      INFO: JDBC 3.0 Savepoint class is available
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:01:32 PM
                      org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionR
                      eader loadBeanDefinitions
                      INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource
                      [org/springframework
                      /jdbc/support/sql-error-codes.xml]
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:01:32 PM
                      org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLErrorCodesFactory <i
                      nit>
                      INFO: SQLErrorCodes loaded: [DB2, HSQL, MS-SQL, MySQL, Oracle, Informix,
                      Postgre
                      SQL, Sybase]
                      Hibernate: select this.ID as ID0_, this.NAME as NAME0_,
                      this.IS_USABLE_UNTRAINED
                      as IS_USABL3_0_, this.HAS_ARMOR_CHECK_PENALTY as HAS_ARMO4_0_,
                      this.ABILITY as
                      ABILITY0_ from SHA_SKILL this where 1=1
                      Hibernate: select childskill0_.PARENT_SKILL as PARENT_S1___,
                      childskill0_.CHILD_
                      SKILL as CHILD_SK2___, defaultski1_.ID as ID0_, defaultski1_.NAME as
                      NAME0_, def
                      aultski1_.IS_USABLE_UNTRAINED as IS_USABL3_0_,
                      defaultski1_.HAS_ARMOR_CHECK_PENA
                      LTY as HAS_ARMO4_0_, defaultski1_.ABILITY as ABILITY0_ from
                      SHA_SKILL_SYNERGY ch
                      ildskill0_ inner join SHA_SKILL defaultski1_ on
                      childskill0_.CHILD_SKILL=default
                      ski1_.ID where childskill0_.PARENT_SKILL=?
[...]
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:01:34 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                      tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                      INFO: Labeled property message code 'featsCommandGroup.label' does not
                      exist in
                      message bundle; continuing...
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:01:34 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                      tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                      INFO: Labeled property message code 'featsCommandGroup.caption' does not
                      exist i
                      n message bundle; continuing...
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:01:34 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                      tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                      INFO: Labeled property message code 'featsCommandGroup.description' does
                      not exi
                      st in message bundle; continuing...
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:01:34 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'featsCommandGroup.icon';
                      return
                      ing a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 8:01:34 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                      'featsCommandGroup.large.icon';
                      returning a <null> icon.
                      Terminate batch job (Y/N)? ^A

                      Snashot 3:

                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'redoCommand.rolloverIcon';
                      retu
                      rning a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'redoCommand.disabledIcon';
                      retu
                      rning a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'redoCommand.pressedIcon';
                      retur
                      ning a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'redoCommand.large.icon';
                      return
                      ing a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                      tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                      INFO: Labeled property message code 'cutCommand.description' does not exist
                      in m
                      essage bundle; continuing...
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'cutCommand.selectedIcon';
                      retur
                      ning a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'cutCommand.rolloverIcon';
                      retur
                      ning a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'cutCommand.disabledIcon';
                      retur
                      ning a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'cutCommand.pressedIcon';
                      return
                      ing a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'cutCommand.large.icon';
                      returni
                      ng a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                      tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                      INFO: Labeled property message code 'copyCommand.description' does not
                      exist in
                      message bundle; continuing...
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'copyCommand.selectedIcon';
                      retu
                      rning a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'copyCommand.rolloverIcon';
                      retu
                      rning a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'copyCommand.disabledIcon';
                      retu
                      rning a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'copyCommand.pressedIcon';
                      retur
                      ning a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'copyCommand.large.icon';
                      return
                      ing a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                      tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                      INFO: Labeled property message code 'pasteCommand.description' does not
                      exist in
                      message bundle; continuing...
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                      'pasteCommand.selectedIcon'; ret
                      urning a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                      'pasteCommand.rolloverIcon'; ret
                      urning a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                      'pasteCommand.disabledIcon'; ret
                      urning a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'pasteCommand.pressedIcon';
                      retu
                      rning a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'pasteCommand.large.icon';
                      retur
                      ning a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                      tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                      INFO: Labeled property message code 'selectAllCommand.description' does not
                      exis
                      t in message bundle; continuing...
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'selectAllCommand.icon';
                      returni
                      ng a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                      'selectAllCommand.large.icon'; r
                      eturning a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                      tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                      INFO: Labeled property message code 'deleteCommand.description' does not
                      exist i
                      n message bundle; continuing...
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                      'deleteCommand.selectedIcon'; re
                      turning a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                      'deleteCommand.rolloverIcon'; re
                      turning a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                      'deleteCommand.disabledIcon'; re
                      turning a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key
                      'deleteCommand.pressedIcon'; ret
                      urning a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'deleteCommand.large.icon';
                      retu
                      rning a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                      tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                      INFO: Labeled property message code 'newCommand.description' does not exist
                      in m
                      essage bundle; continuing...
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'newCommand.icon';
                      returning a <
                      null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'newCommand.large.icon';
                      returni
                      ng a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                      tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                      INFO: Labeled property message code 'importCommand.description' does not
                      exist i
                      n message bundle; continuing...
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'importCommand.icon';
                      returning
                      a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'importCommand.large.icon';
                      retu
                      rning a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                      ontext$BeanPostProcessorChecker postProcessAfterInitialization
                      INFO: Bean 'windowCommandManager' is not eligible for getting processed by
                      all B
                      eanPostProcessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                      ontext initMessageSource
                      INFO: Unable to locate MessageSource with name 'messageSource': using
                      default [o
                      rg.springframework.context.support.DelegatingMessageSource@aa3518]
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationC
                      ontext initApplicationEventMulticaster
                      INFO: Unable to locate ApplicationEventMulticaster with name
                      'applicationEventMu
                      lticaster': using default
                      [org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEv
                      entMulticaster@83d8be]
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:49 PM
                      org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListabl
                      eBeanFactory preInstantiateSingletons
                      INFO: Pre-instantiating singletons in factory
                      [org.springframework.beans.factory
                      .support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans
                      [windowCommandManager,menuBar
                      ,toolBar,fileMenu,editMenu,windowMenu,helpMenu,helpContentsCommand,aboutCommand]
                      ; parent:
                      org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory d
                      efining beans
                      [application,lifecycleAdvisor,applicationDescriptor,applicationObj
                      ectConfigurer,applicationEventMulticaster,componentFactory,lookAndFeelConfigurer
                      ,messageSource,imageResourcesFactory,imageSource,iconSource,formComponentInterce
                      ptorFactory,formPropertyFaceDescriptorSource,searchComponent,skillManagerView,sk
                      illImporter,skillManager,featManagerView,featImporter,featManager,itemManagerVie
                      w,itemManager,raceManagerView,raceManager,sessionFactory,transactionManager,tran
                      sactionTemplate,luceneSearcher,objectIndexer,analyzer,skillDao,featDao,abilityDa
                      o,alignmentDao,abilityScoreDao,characterClassDao,encumberanceDao,languageDao,rac
                      eDao,itemDao,characterDao,currencyDao,dataSource,directoryManager]; root of
                      Bean
                      Factory hierarchy]
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:50 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.application.config.Defaul
                      tApplicationObjectConfigurer loadMessage
                      INFO: Labeled property message code 'exitCommand.description' does not
                      exist in
                      message bundle; continuing...
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:50 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'exitCommand.icon';
                      returning a
                      <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:50 PM
                      org.springframework.richclient.image.DefaultIconSource g
                      etIcon
                      INFO: No image resource found for icon with key 'exitCommand.large.icon';
                      return
                      ing a <null> icon.
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:50 PM
[...]
                      INFO: Labeled property message code 'fileMenu.description' does not exist
                      in mes
                      sage bundle; continuing...
                      Jan 11, 2006 7:59:50 PM

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 12, 2006
                        This all looks perfectly normal to me. The output does not contain
                        any errors (all of the lines are prefixed with "INFO"). I even see it
                        spitting out the sql to load skills. Most of the info messages that
                        say, "Missing....." is because I haven't localized the application
                        yet.

                        Again, I don't see any problem just looking at the log file. Can you
                        describe what happens when you try to run the batch file? Does the
                        application actually come up?
                      • Terry FitzSimons
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 12, 2006
                          Yes it actually does come up but, from using PcGen, when I get messages in
                          the .bat screen, they are usually errors that something is wrong. I hope
                          sometime in the future you get around to suppressing these types of
                          messages. I guess tomorrow I will play with it some.

                          Message 12 of 12 , Jan 15, 2006
                            I really appreciate the feedback I've gotten thus far, and it seems
                            like there's still a pretty high barrier for users to get up and
                            running with shard, so I've done some work to try and remove that barrier.

                            If you're looking to get a quick feel of what shard is like, it might
                            not get any easier after today. =) I just re-wrote the data import
                            tool so that shard can now import an entire pcgen dataset in one shot,
                            instead of forcing users to import each file individually.

                            Once you fire up shard for the first time, just click File > Import
                            and point to the pcgen dataset you want to import (any directory under
                            pcgen/data/ that has .LST files), and you'll be up and running.

                            This feature is only available in the 0.4.0-SNAPSHOT version, but the
                            official 0.4.0 release is nearing completion!