RE: [pcgen] Re: is the list still alive...

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 5 3:07 AM
      You'll have to take that question up at CMP, not here. We don't have anything to do with what datasets CMP does. They probably
      will do the set, but I have no idea when.

      Paul W. King
      OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 6 11:10 AM
        Sepaking only as a volunteer CMP code monkey, and not as an official
        representative, I would say that a Spell Compendium dataset is more of
        a matter of "when", not "if". It would be fairly easy, since much of
        the dataset would be cutting-n-pasting from existing sources.

        The only problem I see is in using Spell Compendium alongside the
        sources it derives from (Complete books, Libris Mortis, etc.) as many
        spells are re-tooled; some just change level, others have new entries
        such as number of targets, range, etc.

        Also, the SC spells are only listed for the core classes in the PHB
        and DMG -- references to spell lists for the Warmage, Wu Jen,
        Shugenja, Favored Soul, and so on are not there (which, coupled with
        level changes, makes things... interesting).

        But, as Paul says, this should be discussed on the CMP forums, as it's
        more their purview.

        Jay (=