Re: is the list still alive...

  • cthulhu1170
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 4, 2006
      I know that this is starting down the slippery slope of being off
      topic, but,Tir Gwaith wrote
      " From: thoron-tir-gwaith@...
      Subject: Re: is the list still alive...

      In my spare time, I'm busy coding Spell Compendium for my own use. Now
      the primary source for spells besides PHB in my game group, and I don't
      use anything if not in PCGen - keeps my character maintenance headaches
      to almost nothing. :) I'm on the C's (with Wizard spell descriptions
      completely done). There are a lot of spells, and I'm busy enough as it
      is wiht the Holidays at work."

      my question in responce to this is, does anyone know if the Spell
      COmpendium is slated for release by the hard working primates at Code
      Monkey?

      My group is using the SC and PHB exclusively for spell sources and i
      dread the prospect of having to do all that typing myself.

      thanks for your responces (if any) to this interragory (sp?)

      rdstmc
    • cofoghlu
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 5, 2006
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "cthulhu1170" <cthulhu1170@y...> wrote:
        > my question in responce to this is, does anyone know if the Spell
        > COmpendium is slated for release by the hard working primates at
        Code
        > Monkey?
        >
        > My group is using the SC and PHB exclusively for spell sources and
        > dread the prospect of having to do all that typing myself.
        >
        > thanks for your responces (if any) to this interragory (sp?)
        >
        > rdstmc

        Sorry, I don't know when CMP plan to release this dataset, I had a
        look on their forums but it does not seem to be mentioned.

        A better place to ask would be:
        http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com/index.php?
        name=PNphpBB2&file=viewforum&f=17

        Cheers,

        Cormac
      • Paul W. King
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 5, 2006
          You'll have to take that question up at CMP, not here. We don't have anything to do with what datasets CMP does. They probably
          will do the set, but I have no idea when.

          Paul W. King
          OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 6, 2006
            Sepaking only as a volunteer CMP code monkey, and not as an official
            representative, I would say that a Spell Compendium dataset is more of
            a matter of "when", not "if". It would be fairly easy, since much of
            the dataset would be cutting-n-pasting from existing sources.

            The only problem I see is in using Spell Compendium alongside the
            sources it derives from (Complete books, Libris Mortis, etc.) as many
            spells are re-tooled; some just change level, others have new entries
            such as number of targets, range, etc.

            Also, the SC spells are only listed for the core classes in the PHB
            and DMG -- references to spell lists for the Warmage, Wu Jen,
            Shugenja, Favored Soul, and so on are not there (which, coupled with
            level changes, makes things... interesting).

            But, as Paul says, this should be discussed on the CMP forums, as it's
            more their purview.

            Jay (=