Re: [pcgen] is the list still alive...

  • Devon Jones
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 30, 2005
      Eddy Anthony wrote:

      >On 12/30/05 12:25 PM, "Brass Tilde" <brasstilde@...> wrote:
      >

      >>or is my address bouncing.
      >>

      >Still kicking, not much traffic on any of the lists lately. I attribute that
      >the the holiday season.

      Pretty much.

      I'm back in town now, and I hope to start working on pcgen again by at
      least monday. Hope everyone has a happy new year!

      Devon
    • cthulhu1170
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 4, 2006
        I know that this is starting down the slippery slope of being off
        topic, but,Tir Gwaith wrote
        " From: thoron-tir-gwaith@...
        Subject: Re: is the list still alive...

        In my spare time, I'm busy coding Spell Compendium for my own use. Now
        the primary source for spells besides PHB in my game group, and I don't
        use anything if not in PCGen - keeps my character maintenance headaches
        to almost nothing. :) I'm on the C's (with Wizard spell descriptions
        completely done). There are a lot of spells, and I'm busy enough as it
        is wiht the Holidays at work."

        my question in responce to this is, does anyone know if the Spell
        COmpendium is slated for release by the hard working primates at Code
        Monkey?

        My group is using the SC and PHB exclusively for spell sources and i
        dread the prospect of having to do all that typing myself.

        thanks for your responces (if any) to this interragory (sp?)

        rdstmc
      • cofoghlu
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 5, 2006
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "cthulhu1170" <cthulhu1170@y...> wrote:
          > my question in responce to this is, does anyone know if the Spell
          > COmpendium is slated for release by the hard working primates at
          Code
          > Monkey?
          >
          > My group is using the SC and PHB exclusively for spell sources and
          > dread the prospect of having to do all that typing myself.
          >
          > thanks for your responces (if any) to this interragory (sp?)
          >
          > rdstmc

          Sorry, I don't know when CMP plan to release this dataset, I had a
          look on their forums but it does not seem to be mentioned.

          A better place to ask would be:
          http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com/index.php?
          name=PNphpBB2&file=viewforum&f=17

          Cheers,

          Cormac
        • Paul W. King
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 5, 2006
            You'll have to take that question up at CMP, not here. We don't have anything to do with what datasets CMP does. They probably
            will do the set, but I have no idea when.

            Paul W. King
            OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 6, 2006
              Sepaking only as a volunteer CMP code monkey, and not as an official
              representative, I would say that a Spell Compendium dataset is more of
              a matter of "when", not "if". It would be fairly easy, since much of
              the dataset would be cutting-n-pasting from existing sources.

              The only problem I see is in using Spell Compendium alongside the
              sources it derives from (Complete books, Libris Mortis, etc.) as many
              spells are re-tooled; some just change level, others have new entries
              such as number of targets, range, etc.

              Also, the SC spells are only listed for the core classes in the PHB
              and DMG -- references to spell lists for the Warmage, Wu Jen,
              Shugenja, Favored Soul, and so on are not there (which, coupled with
              level changes, makes things... interesting).

              But, as Paul says, this should be discussed on the CMP forums, as it's
              more their purview.

              Jay (=