Re: [pcgen] is the list still alive...

  • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 30, 2005
      In my spare time, I'm busy coding Spell Compendium for my own use. Now the primary source for spells besides PHB in my game group, and I don't use anything if not in PCGen - keeps my character maintenance headaches to almost nothing. :) I'm on the C's (with Wizard spell descriptions completely done). There are a lot of spells, and I'm busy enough as it is wiht the Holidays at work.

      Tir Gwaith
      LST Chimp
    • Devon Jones
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 30, 2005
        Eddy Anthony wrote:

        >On 12/30/05 12:25 PM, "Brass Tilde" <brasstilde@...> wrote:
        >

        >>or is my address bouncing.
        >>

        >Still kicking, not much traffic on any of the lists lately. I attribute that
        >the the holiday season.

        Pretty much.

        I'm back in town now, and I hope to start working on pcgen again by at
        least monday. Hope everyone has a happy new year!

        Devon
      • cthulhu1170
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 4, 2006
          I know that this is starting down the slippery slope of being off
          topic, but,Tir Gwaith wrote
          " From: thoron-tir-gwaith@...
          Subject: Re: is the list still alive...

          In my spare time, I'm busy coding Spell Compendium for my own use. Now
          the primary source for spells besides PHB in my game group, and I don't
          use anything if not in PCGen - keeps my character maintenance headaches
          to almost nothing. :) I'm on the C's (with Wizard spell descriptions
          completely done). There are a lot of spells, and I'm busy enough as it
          is wiht the Holidays at work."

          my question in responce to this is, does anyone know if the Spell
          COmpendium is slated for release by the hard working primates at Code
          Monkey?

          My group is using the SC and PHB exclusively for spell sources and i
          dread the prospect of having to do all that typing myself.

          thanks for your responces (if any) to this interragory (sp?)

          rdstmc
        • cofoghlu
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 5, 2006
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "cthulhu1170" <cthulhu1170@y...> wrote:
            > my question in responce to this is, does anyone know if the Spell
            > COmpendium is slated for release by the hard working primates at
            Code
            > Monkey?
            >
            > My group is using the SC and PHB exclusively for spell sources and
            > dread the prospect of having to do all that typing myself.
            >
            > thanks for your responces (if any) to this interragory (sp?)
            >
            > rdstmc

            Sorry, I don't know when CMP plan to release this dataset, I had a
            look on their forums but it does not seem to be mentioned.

            A better place to ask would be:
            http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com/index.php?
            name=PNphpBB2&file=viewforum&f=17

            Cheers,

            Cormac
          • Paul W. King
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 5, 2006
              You'll have to take that question up at CMP, not here. We don't have anything to do with what datasets CMP does. They probably
              will do the set, but I have no idea when.

              Paul W. King
              OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 6, 2006
                Sepaking only as a volunteer CMP code monkey, and not as an official
                representative, I would say that a Spell Compendium dataset is more of
                a matter of "when", not "if". It would be fairly easy, since much of
                the dataset would be cutting-n-pasting from existing sources.

                The only problem I see is in using Spell Compendium alongside the
                sources it derives from (Complete books, Libris Mortis, etc.) as many
                spells are re-tooled; some just change level, others have new entries
                such as number of targets, range, etc.

                Also, the SC spells are only listed for the core classes in the PHB
                and DMG -- references to spell lists for the Warmage, Wu Jen,
                Shugenja, Favored Soul, and so on are not there (which, coupled with
                level changes, makes things... interesting).

                But, as Paul says, this should be discussed on the CMP forums, as it's
                more their purview.

                Jay (=