Re: [pcgen] [Off-Topic] Best Christmas Present Ever

  • Keith Davies
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 28, 2005
      On Wed, Dec 28, 2005 at 07:39:04AM -0500, Brass Tilde wrote:
      > > I forget, is this your first? I found when our daughter was born it
      > > was pretty straightforward. Cai and I came home from downtown,
      > > Yumiko told me "tonight". Less than 12 hours later (barely) I was
      > > home again. That time, we were at the hospital maybe four hours.
      >
      > Have you had a third? Careful if you do. :) Our second was similar
      > to yours, but the third was ah...somewhat more hurried.

      I don't know if we're going to have a third. Seems unlikely; juggling
      two is hassle enough, three might make it worse. It *is* possible,
      though. In fact, that might be part of why we're taking the daughters
      of a friend of ours this weekend (nine years old and one year old) --
      see if we can handle having more little ones around.

      Yes, I know how to take care of a baby. Delegate! *g*

      A friend of mine, his younger sister was born in the hospital parking
      lot. She was *tiny*. I don't know that she ever got big, in fact --
      her mom wasn't all that big herself.

      I remember when she was a teenager she was able to get into the house,
      even with the door chained. Her arm was skinny enough that she could
      open the door a bit, reach around and slide the chain... from the
      outside. Granted, that also means the chain was too long, but still.

      Another time she had handcuffs on. Briefly.[1] She put her hands down
      in front of her and they fell off.

      [1] no, I don't remember why. I was a little curious about it, though.
      She was small, but terribly cute.

      > Roughly 30 minutes after we'd gotten to the hospital, at about 2:45,
      > Rachel was born. The Dr. said that if we decided to have another one,
      > she was going to make Ann spend the last week in the hospital.

      Sounds like a good idea.

      > I didn't even bother to drive home. There was a chair in the room.
      > After I'd settled myself comfortably into it and was almost asleep, a
      > nurse came in and quietly asked, "Are you aware that chair folds out
      > into a bed?" I cracked an eye open and replied, "If I was, do you
      > think I'd be trying to sleep like this?"

      I assume you got up so it could be unfolded, yes?

      I found when Cai was born I'd sack out and doze for a bit. Not full-on
      sleep, but at least get my eyes closed for a while.

      Keith
      --
      Keith Davies "Always code as if the guy who ends up
      keith.davies@... maintaining your code is a psychopath