RE: [pcgen] can't get pcgen full 561 to run

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 26, 2005
      Ah yes, I forgot about that.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: pcgen@yahoogroups.com [mailto:pcgen@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of
      Kent P
      Sent: Monday, December 26, 2005 10:12 PM
      To: pcgen@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [pcgen] can't get pcgen full 561 to run

      Paul W. King wrote:
      > Why not run 5.8? That's the latest stable release.

      Likely because he is one of the many people who have spent a lot of money on WOTC data sets via Codemonkey and are playing 3.0, so
      have no converted sets.
    • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 27, 2005
        I thought all sets were to be supported for x number of years. Didn't realize that had changed...

        We are still maintaining (not much improvement, but maintaining) the 3.0 SRD dataset, along with a number of 3.0 datasets that get both maintenance and updates.

        Tir Gwaith
        LST Chimp

        > Ah yes, I forgot about that.
        >

        > Paul W. King wrote:
        > > Why not run 5.8? That's the latest stable release.
        >
        > Likely because he is one of the many people who have spent a lot of
        > money on WOTC data sets via Codemonkey and are playing 3.0, so
        > have no converted sets.
      • Paul W. King
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 27, 2005
          No, that still is going on. However, the 3.0 datasets haven't been brought forward from 5.6.1 to 5.8. And with 5.8.1 to come out,
          they haven't released them to the newest stable yet.

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 29, 2005
            You probably have memory (lack of) problems. Go into the pcgen.bat file
            and assign more memory to pcgen. I just delete all sentences except this
            one:
            java -jar pcgen.jar -Xmx256
            This assign 256Mb ram and should be enough memory for pcgen to run.

            Terry

            --

            Terry FitzSimons
            FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)