[BUG][DATA] Epic Druid Wildshape

  • Frugal
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 6, 2005
      The rsrd_classes_base_epic.lst has this line for the Epic Druid:

      22 BONUS:VAR|DruidWildShape|EpicDrdWS
      BONUS:VAR|EpicDrdWS|floor(((CL=Druid)-18)/4)
      DEFINE:EpicDrdWS|0

      It should be:

      22 BONUS:VAR|WildShapeTimes|EpicDrdWS
      BONUS:VAR|EpicDrdWS|floor((var("CL=Druid")-18)/4)
      DEFINE:EpicDrdWS|0

      The "CL=Druid" is old style formula and the "floor()" is new style, they
      can not be used together. You need to use 'var("CL=Druid")'.

      The correct variable for the number of Wildshapes per day is
      WildShapeTimes. DruidWildShape is used to keep track of the number of
      effective Druid levels for shape changing purposes.

      --
      regards,
      Frugal
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 6, 2005
        ...even better would be cl("Druid") instead of var("CL=Druid"). Note
        that the cl must be in lower case.

        Byngl

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Frugal" <frugal@p...> wrote:

        > The rsrd_classes_base_epic.lst has this line for the Epic Druid:
        >
        > 22 BONUS:VAR|DruidWildShape|EpicDrdWS
        > BONUS:VAR|EpicDrdWS|floor(((CL=Druid)-18)/4)
        > DEFINE:EpicDrdWS|0
        >
        > It should be:
        >
        > 22 BONUS:VAR|WildShapeTimes|EpicDrdWS
        > BONUS:VAR|EpicDrdWS|floor((var("CL=Druid")-18)/4)
        > DEFINE:EpicDrdWS|0
        >
        > The "CL=Druid" is old style formula and the "floor()" is new style,
        they
        > can not be used together. You need to use 'var("CL=Druid")'.
        >
        > The correct variable for the number of Wildshapes per day is
        > WildShapeTimes. DruidWildShape is used to keep track of the number
        of
        > effective Druid levels for shape changing purposes.
        >
        > --
        > regards,
        > Frugal

      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 6, 2005
          Actually since this is in a class line isn't the best way to just use CL
          with no class reference? That way if the class is copied (by hand or by the
          LST editor) then the CL reference is generic and will be applied to whatever
          the new class is named.

          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Content Silverback

          On 12/6/05 11:50 AM, "Byngl" <byngl@...> wrote:

          > ...even better would be cl("Druid") instead of var("CL=Druid"). Note
          > that the cl must be in lower case.
          >
          > Byngl
          >
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Frugal" <frugal@p...> wrote:
          >>

          >> The rsrd_classes_base_epic.lst has this line for the Epic Druid:
          >>
          >> 22 BONUS:VAR|DruidWildShape|EpicDrdWS
          >> BONUS:VAR|EpicDrdWS|floor(((CL=Druid)-18)/4)
          >> DEFINE:EpicDrdWS|0
          >>
          >> It should be:
          >>
          >> 22 BONUS:VAR|WildShapeTimes|EpicDrdWS
          >> BONUS:VAR|EpicDrdWS|floor((var("CL=Druid")-18)/4)
          >> DEFINE:EpicDrdWS|0
          >>
          >> The "CL=Druid" is old style formula and the "floor()" is new style,
          > they
          >> can not be used together. You need to use 'var("CL=Druid")'.
          >>
          >> The correct variable for the number of Wildshapes per day is
          >> WildShapeTimes. DruidWildShape is used to keep track of the number
          > of
          >> effective Druid levels for shape changing purposes.
          >>
          >> --
          >> regards,
          >> Frugal
        • Paul W. King
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 6, 2005
            > Actually since this is in a class line isn't the best way to just
            > use CL with no class reference?

            CL by itself only works on lines that begin with CLASS. If you're on a
            level line, you have to use the CL= reference.

            Paul W. King
            OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon
          • Eddy Anthony
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 6, 2005
              On 12/6/05 12:06 PM, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:

              >> Actually since this is in a class line isn't the best way to just
              >> use CL with no class reference?
              >
              > CL by itself only works on lines that begin with CLASS. If you're on a
              > level line, you have to use the CL= reference.

              Er, no you don't. Check out the base classes in the RSRD, they've got CL
              references all though the level lines.
              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              ~ PCGen Content Silverback
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 6, 2005
                I'd probably go with just CL no since that's on a class level line and
                we can do that now. :)

                Barak

                > ...even better would be cl("Druid") instead of var("CL=Druid"). Note
                > that the cl must be in lower case.
                >
                > Byngl
                >
                > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Frugal" <frugal@p...> wrote:
                > >

                > > The rsrd_classes_base_epic.lst has this line for the Epic Druid:
                > >
                > > 22 BONUS:VAR|DruidWildShape|EpicDrdWS
                > > BONUS:VAR|EpicDrdWS|floor(((CL=Druid)-18)/4)
                > > DEFINE:EpicDrdWS|0
                > >
                > > It should be:
                > >
                > > 22 BONUS:VAR|WildShapeTimes|EpicDrdWS
                > > BONUS:VAR|EpicDrdWS|floor((var("CL=Druid")-18)/4)
                > > DEFINE:EpicDrdWS|0
                > >
                > > The "CL=Druid" is old style formula and the "floor()" is new style,
                > they
                > > can not be used together. You need to use 'var("CL=Druid")'.
                > >
                > > The correct variable for the number of Wildshapes per day is
                > > WildShapeTimes. DruidWildShape is used to keep track of the number
                > of
                > > effective Druid levels for shape changing purposes.
                > >
                > > --
                > > regards,
                > > Frugal
                > >

                > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--
                >
                > Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home
                page
                > http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/9rHolB/TM

              • Chris
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 6, 2005
                  > CL by itself only works on lines that begin with CLASS. If you're on
                  > a level line, you have to use the CL= reference.

                  Not any more. :)

                  (I just foudn this out recently as well...)

                  Barak
                • boomer70
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 6, 2005
                    And even better shouldn't it be looking at effective
                    druid level (DruidWildShape) not actual so classes
                    that modify it calculate properly? I could be wrong I
                    am not an Epic expert yet.

                    -Aaron

                    Just $16.99/mo. or less.
                    dsl.yahoo.com
                  • Paul W. King
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 6, 2005
                      >> CL by itself only works on lines that begin with CLASS. If you're
                      >> on a level line, you have to use the CL= reference.
                      >
                      > Not any more. :)
                      >
                      > (I just foudn this out recently as well...)

                      Alright then, who didn't send out the executive memo? ;P

                      Paul W. King
                      OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon
                    • Tir Gwaith
                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 6, 2005
                        Eh? Blame me.. I stumbled on it and went "Yeah, the bug is fixed, so I can
                        start getting rid of the Hacks for CL=..." and didn't realize ppl didn't
                        think it was a bug anymore.....

                        Tir Gwaith
                        LST Chimp