Epic Druid

  • Frugal
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 6, 2005
      Operating System: WinXP
      Java Version: 1.4.1-b21
      PCGen Version: Full Autobuild 02/Dec/2005

      Load RSRD including RSRD Epic.

      Create a 23rd level Druid.
      Add another level of Druid.

      The bonus Epic feat chooser comes up.

      Problem 1:

      Improved Spell Capacity feat appears as:

      Improved Spell Capacity (BONUS:SPELLCAST|CLASS=%;LEVEL=%|1)

      In the chooser window. The other feats like "Energy Resistance" appear
      correctly expanded into all of the possible choices ("Energy Resistance
      (FireResistance)", "Energy Resistance (SonicResistance)".

      As the other feats get expanded properly I can only assume that there is
      something wrong with the choice expansion code and the way that it expands
      the choices for "Improved Spell Capacity"

      Select "Improved Spell Capacity". It appears in the feat tab as: Improved
      Spell Capacity (BONUS:SPELLCAST|CLASS=%;LEVEL=%|1)

      Problem 2:

      If you use a free feat slot to take "Improved Spell Capacity" then the
      chooser populates with "Druid 0" -> "Druid 30". Admittedly it should only
      offer up to "Druid 10" as the character only has 9th level spells, but I
      can live with that.

      Select "Druid 10".

      The selected feats panel correctly shows that the feat has been applied to
      "Druid 10".

      Switch to the Spells Tab.

      The character has no 10th level spell slots in any of the memorised lists.
      Nor does the spell count table in the bottom right panel have a column for
      10th level spells. I know that I removed the dependencies on only 10 spell
      levels over a year ago. At the same time I ensured that the SPELLCAST
      bonus would work for 10th level and above spells. So this is something
      that has been broken since.

      Problem 3:

      "Druid 9" as the spell level.

      The Spell counts in the bottom right hand panel have not changed.

      Not to mention that the bonus does not have any effect at all no matter
      which level you apply it to, but that appears to be a code problem as
      well.

      --
      regards,
      Frugal
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 6, 2005
        > choose "Druid 9" as the spell level.

        > The Spell counts in the bottom right hand panel have not changed.

        Just out of curiosity, did you try saving after selecting the feat,
        closing the character and then re-opening it?

        I seem to recall that long ago there was an issue with the GUI updating
        after selecting that feat...

        Barak
      • Frugal
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 6, 2005
          On Tue, December 6, 2005 2:44 pm, Chris said:
          >> choose "Druid 9" as the spell level.

          >> The Spell counts in the bottom right hand panel have not changed.
          >
          > Just out of curiosity, did you try saving after selecting the feat,
          > closing the character and then re-opening it?
          >
          > I seem to recall that long ago there was an issue with the GUI updating
          > after selecting that feat...

          I must confess that I did make one mistake in my initial bug report.
          Adding "Improved Spell Capacity (Druid 9)" did indeed add one to the
          number of druid 9th level spell slots I had miscalculated the number of
          bonus spell slots the character has. However ever after reloading I do not
          get any 10th level slots.

          More interestingly: If I take "ISC (Drd9)" more than once the figures get
          really wierd:

          Druid 28 with Adjusted Wisdom 33.
          Base 9th level spell slots: 4
          Bonus spell slots due to WIS: 1

          Expected Spell slots = 4 + 1 = 5. Which is what I get.

          Add "ISC (Drd9)".

          Expected Spell slots = 4 + 1 + 1 = 6. Which is what I get.

          Add "ISC (Drd9)" for a second time:

          Expected Spell slots = 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 7. I get 11!

          Add "ISC (Drd9)" for a 3rd time: 23
          Add "ISC (Drd9)" for a 4th time: 45
          Add "ISC (Drd9)" for a 5th time: 80

          --
          regards,
          Frugal
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 6, 2005
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Frugal" <frugal@p...> wrote:

            > On Tue, December 6, 2005 2:44 pm, Chris said:
            > >> choose "Druid 9" as the spell level.

            > >> The Spell counts in the bottom right hand panel have not changed.
            > >
            > > Just out of curiosity, did you try saving after selecting the feat,
            > > closing the character and then re-opening it?
            > >
            > > I seem to recall that long ago there was an issue with the GUI
            updating
            > > after selecting that feat...
            >
            > I must confess that I did make one mistake in my initial bug report.
            > Adding "Improved Spell Capacity (Druid 9)" did indeed add one to the
            > number of druid 9th level spell slots I had miscalculated the number of
            > bonus spell slots the character has. However ever after reloading I
            do not
            > get any 10th level slots.
            >
            > More interestingly: If I take "ISC (Drd9)" more than once the
            figures get
            > really wierd:
            >
            > Druid 28 with Adjusted Wisdom 33.
            > Base 9th level spell slots: 4
            > Bonus spell slots due to WIS: 1
            >
            > Expected Spell slots = 4 + 1 = 5. Which is what I get.
            >
            > Add "ISC (Drd9)".
            >
            > Expected Spell slots = 4 + 1 + 1 = 6. Which is what I get.
            >
            > Add "ISC (Drd9)" for a second time:
            >
            > Expected Spell slots = 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 7. I get 11!
            >
            > Add "ISC (Drd9)" for a 3rd time: 23
            > Add "ISC (Drd9)" for a 4th time: 45
            > Add "ISC (Drd9)" for a 5th time: 80
            >
            > --
            > regards,
            > Frugal

            The 10th level slot thing I think I've already reported, and it's been
            trackered:

            https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1357653&group_id=25576&atid=384719

            The rest has not.

            Andargor
          • Frugal
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 6, 2005
              On Tue, December 6, 2005 3:57 pm, andargor said:
              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Frugal" <frugal@p...> wrote:
              >> More interestingly: If I take "ISC (Drd9)" more than once the
              > figures get
              >> really wierd:
              >>
              >> Druid 28 with Adjusted Wisdom 33.
              >> Base 9th level spell slots: 4
              >> Bonus spell slots due to WIS: 1
              >>
              >> Expected Spell slots = 4 + 1 = 5. Which is what I get.
              >>
              >> Add "ISC (Drd9)".
              >>
              >> Expected Spell slots = 4 + 1 + 1 = 6. Which is what I get.
              >>
              >> Add "ISC (Drd9)" for a second time:
              >>
              >> Expected Spell slots = 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 7. I get 11!
              >>
              >> Add "ISC (Drd9)" for a 3rd time: 23
              >> Add "ISC (Drd9)" for a 4th time: 45
              >> Add "ISC (Drd9)" for a 5th time: 80
              >>
              > The 10th level slot thing I think I've already reported, and it's been
              > trackered:
              > https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1357653&group_id=25576&atid=384719
              >
              > The rest has not.

              Oooo! Shiny! Isn't the new SourceForce front end pretty ;)

              Anyway. In your bug you state that: BONUS:SPELLCAST|CLASS=Wizard;LEVEL=9|1
              does not work, however it does appear to work for me today. Can you check
              that it still fails for you.

              In my save file I have a line like this for Druid 24:

              CLASSABILITIESLEVEL:Druid=24|HITPOINTS:7|ABILITY:[PROMPT:FEAT(Automatic
              Quicken Spell,Automatic Silent Spell,Automatic Still Spell,Colossal Wild
              Shape,Diminutive Wild Shape,Dragon Wild Shape,Energy Resistance,Enhance
              Spell,Epic Spell Focus,Epic Spell Penetration,Epic Spellcasting,Fast
              Healing,Fine Wild Shape,Gargantuan Wild Shape,Ignore Material
              Components,Improved Combat Casting,Improved Elemental Wild Shape,Improved
              Heighten Spell,Improved Metamagic,Improved Spell Capacity,Intensify
              Spell,Magical Beast Companion,Magical Beast Wild Shape,Multispell,Perfect
              Health,Permanent Emanation,Plant Wild Shape,Spell Opportunity,Spell
              Stowaway,Spontaneous Spell,Tenacious Magic,Vermin Wild
              Shape)|CHOICE:Improved Spell
              Capacity(BONUS:SPELLCAST&pipe;CLASS=%;LEVEL=%&pipe;1)]|PRESTAT:WIS=1|SKILLSGAINED:8|SKILLSREMAINING:8

              As you can see the choice at the end is badly expanded. The interesting
              thing is that if I load the character I get the feat "Improved Spell
              Capacity(BONUS:SPELLCAST|CLASS=%;LEVEL=%|1)" in the assigned feats panel.
              If I try to remove it I get a chooser appear at whcih point I can replace
              the badly formatted choice with "Druid 9" and I get the correct feat.

              If I then save the file I get the original CLASSABILITIESLEVEL line and a
              separate line for the correctly formatted feat. So the next time I load
              the character I get both of them. Free feats yay! ;)

              So when you change the choice for the feat (or even just remove the feat
              entirely) it looses track of the fact that it was assigned from the class
              level and so it write both of them to the character file.

              As an aside this is what is written to the PCG file for the ISC feat (all
              on one line):

              FEAT:Improved Spell Capacity|APPLIEDTO:Druid 9|TYPE:EPIC|
              SAVE:BONUS&pipe;SPELLCAST&pipe;CLASS=;LEVEL=&pipe;1|
              SAVE:BONUS&pipe;SPELLCAST&pipe;CLASS=;LEVEL=&pipe;1|
              SAVE:BONUS&pipe;SPELLCAST&pipe;CLASS=Druid;LEVEL=9&pipe;1|
[...]
              SAVE:BONUS&pipe;SPELLCAST&pipe;CLASS=Druid;LEVEL=10&pipe;1|
              SAVE:BONUS&pipe;SPELLCAST&pipe;CLASS=Druid;LEVEL=10&pipe;1|
              SAVE:BONUS&pipe;SPELLCAST&pipe;CLASS=Druid;LEVEL=9&pipe;1|
              SAVE:BONUS&pipe;SPELLCAST&pipe;CLASS=Druid;LEVEL=9&pipe;1|
              SAVE:BONUS&pipe;SPELLCAST&pipe;CLASS=Druid;LEVEL=9&pipe;1|
              SAVE:BONUS&pipe;SPELLCAST&pipe;CLASS=Druid;LEVEL=9&pipe;1|
              SAVE:BONUS&pipe;SPELLCAST&pipe;CLASS=Druid;LEVEL=9&pipe;1|
              SAVE:BONUS&pipe;SPELLCAST&pipe;CLASS=Druid;LEVEL=10&pipe;1|
              SAVE:BONUS&pipe;SPELLCAST&pipe;CLASS=Druid;LEVEL=10&pipe;1|
              DESC:You gain one spell slot per day

              --
              regards,
              Frugal