Re: [Bug] [Trackered] Skill Survival et all not working as should

  • ovka
    Message 1 of 31 , Dec 3, 2005
      >Problems with expressing this with SA tags, well where would you put
      >it? I
      >see no way to add them automatically since Survival can be used
      >without
      >ranks.

      How about if we put the tags on the skills that provide the bonus.
      In this case, rather than put them all on the Survival skill, one
      each goes on Knowledge(Nature), Knowledge(The Planes), Knowledge
      (Geography), Knowledge(Dungeoneering), and Search. That way, the
      bonuses come into play when you have ranks in those skills rather
      than the other way around.

      I don't have a problem with temp bonuses, but I print my sheets and
      bring them to the game. As long as the SA appears when the temp
      bonus is not applied, and applying the temp bonus causes the SA to
      disappear, then I'm happy having the temp bonuses set up.

      Finally, it would be nice if we had a special OS token for SA's that
      represent skill bonuses. These SA's would have a special type on
      them that could be excluded from appearing in the "standard" special
      ability list. Instead, they would appear with the skill list. They
      could either be interspersed throughout the skill list (e.g. Survival
      +19 followed by every potential conditional bonus to survival that
      wasn't currently being applied as a temp bonus), or they could all
      show up at the bottom of the skill list. Perhaps they wouldn't be
      SA's, but would have a different tag alltogether. I'll leave that to
      the more experienced Monkey's on the experimental list.

      Cheers,

      Sir George Anonymous
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 31 of 31 , Dec 20, 2005
        On 12/2/05 3:21 PM, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@...> wrote:

        > Here's what I'm thinking. Code them so the RANKs are only in the
        > main skill (VISIBLE:Export or something) and then add TYPE:Conditional. Set
        > up a preference to only display Conditional skills if
        > a) the preference is checked (Default OFF, because the lengthy skill listing
        > would make this unweildy for those who don't want it, at least untill we get
        > an outcry from users for it to be Default out of the box. For those using
        > TEMP bonuses, they'd want it off....)
        > AND
        > b) the character has a different TOTAL in the conditional than the main
        > skill - Like having the +4 bonus to Combat Casting from the feat

        I run across another problem with this implementation yesterday.

        If you are adding a feat that allows a choice of skills for whatever reason
        VISIBLE:EXPORT skills are displayed. I encountered this working on the
        Loremasters Instant Mastery ability, I found that all the Survival
        sub-skill, while not now visible in the GUI, could be selected and ranks
        added this way.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback