Re: [Bug] [Trackered] Skill Survival et all not working as should

  • ovka
    Message 1 of 31 , Dec 3, 2005
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, boomer70 <boomer70@y...> wrote:
      >Maybe something like:
      >BONUS:SKILL|Survival|2|PRESKILL:1,Knowledge
      >(Nature),5|TYPE=Synergy.STACK|CONDITION=in aboveground
      >natural environments.
      >Any BONUS tag (ideally any tag at all) that has a
      >CONDITION tag on it does not get applied to the
      >character. The BONUS (or whatever) is available
      >through an output token instead. That way on the
      >output sheet you can say
      >Survival +19 (+21 in aboveground natural environments)
      >or in a full character sheet
      >Survival +19*
      >* Survival +21 in aboveground natural environments.

      This is an interesting idea, but the problem comes in when bonuses
      stack. For example:

      BONUS:SKILL|Survival|2|PRESKILL:1,Knowledge (Dungeoneering)
      =5|TYPE=Synergy.STACK|CONDITION=underground

      BONUS:SKILL|Survival|2|PRESKILL:1,Knowledge (Geography)
      =5|TYPE=Synergy.STACK|CONDITION=when attempting to keep from getting
      lost or for avoid hazards

      BONUS:SKILL|Survival|2|PRESKILL:1,Knowledge (Nature)
      =5|TYPE=Synergy.STACK|CONDITION=in aboveground natural environments

      BONUS:SKILL|Survival|2|PRESKILL:1,Knowledge (The Planes)
      =5|TYPE=Synergy.STACK|CONDITION=on other planes

      BONUS:SKILL|Survival|2|PREMULT:2,[PRESKILL:1,Search=5],
      [PREFEAT:1,Track]|TYPE=Synergy.STACK|CONDITION=when following tracks

      How would you list all of these out? How would the program determine
      that you can be underground, on another plane, and following tracks
      at the same time, but you can't be underground and aboveground at the
      same time?

      Cheers,

      Sir George Anonymous
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 31 of 31 , Dec 20, 2005
        On 12/2/05 3:21 PM, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@...> wrote:

        > Here's what I'm thinking. Code them so the RANKs are only in the
        > main skill (VISIBLE:Export or something) and then add TYPE:Conditional. Set
        > up a preference to only display Conditional skills if
        > a) the preference is checked (Default OFF, because the lengthy skill listing
        > would make this unweildy for those who don't want it, at least untill we get
        > an outcry from users for it to be Default out of the box. For those using
        > TEMP bonuses, they'd want it off....)
        > AND
        > b) the character has a different TOTAL in the conditional than the main
        > skill - Like having the +4 bonus to Combat Casting from the feat

        I run across another problem with this implementation yesterday.

        If you are adding a feat that allows a choice of skills for whatever reason
        VISIBLE:EXPORT skills are displayed. I encountered this working on the
        Loremasters Instant Mastery ability, I found that all the Survival
        sub-skill, while not now visible in the GUI, could be selected and ranks
        added this way.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback