Re: [pcgen] Re: [Bug] [Trackered] Skill Survival et all not working as should

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 31 , Dec 2, 2005
      On 12/2/05 5:16 PM, "Frank Kliewe" <fkliewe@...> wrote:

      >> These named skill checks are exactly what the survival sub
      >> skills are, specific uses for a certain skill. The difference
      >> is in Spycraft 2 there are over a hundred of them.
      >> --
      >> ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      >> ~ PCGen Content Silverback
      >>

      > Wow! How does AEG display all that on their Spycraft Character Record Sheet?
      > How many pages does it have?

      They don't. They only show the 30 or so actual skills.

      I thought it would be cool if PCGen could produce a sheet like that and at
      this point I have the Skill Checks coded as hidden skills and have an OS
      which displays them on a single page.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback
      Message 31 of 31 , Dec 20, 2005
        On 12/2/05 3:21 PM, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@...> wrote:

        > Here's what I'm thinking. Code them so the RANKs are only in the
        > main skill (VISIBLE:Export or something) and then add TYPE:Conditional. Set
        > up a preference to only display Conditional skills if
        > a) the preference is checked (Default OFF, because the lengthy skill listing
        > would make this unweildy for those who don't want it, at least untill we get
        > an outcry from users for it to be Default out of the box. For those using
        > TEMP bonuses, they'd want it off....)
        > AND
        > b) the character has a different TOTAL in the conditional than the main
        > skill - Like having the +4 bonus to Combat Casting from the feat

        I run across another problem with this implementation yesterday.

        If you are adding a feat that allows a choice of skills for whatever reason
        VISIBLE:EXPORT skills are displayed. I encountered this working on the
        Loremasters Instant Mastery ability, I found that all the Survival
        sub-skill, while not now visible in the GUI, could be selected and ranks
        added this way.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback