RE: [pcgen] Re: [Bug] [Trackered] Skill Survival et all not working as should

  • Frank Kliewe
    Message 1 of 31 , Dec 2, 2005
      > These named skill checks are exactly what the survival sub
      > skills are, specific uses for a certain skill. The difference
      > is in Spycraft 2 there are over a hundred of them.
      > --
      > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      > ~ PCGen Content Silverback

      Wow! How does AEG display all that on their Spycraft Character Record Sheet?
      How many pages does it have?

      Cheerio,

      Frank Kliewe
      PCGen Data Chimp, OS & TM Lemur

      --
      Good night and sweet dreams... which we'll analyze in the morning.(Dr. Alex
      Brulov in "Spellbound", 1945)
      Message 31 of 31 , Dec 20, 2005
        On 12/2/05 3:21 PM, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@...> wrote:

        > Here's what I'm thinking. Code them so the RANKs are only in the
        > main skill (VISIBLE:Export or something) and then add TYPE:Conditional. Set
        > up a preference to only display Conditional skills if
        > a) the preference is checked (Default OFF, because the lengthy skill listing
        > would make this unweildy for those who don't want it, at least untill we get
        > an outcry from users for it to be Default out of the box. For those using
        > TEMP bonuses, they'd want it off....)
        > AND
        > b) the character has a different TOTAL in the conditional than the main
        > skill - Like having the +4 bonus to Combat Casting from the feat

        I run across another problem with this implementation yesterday.

        If you are adding a feat that allows a choice of skills for whatever reason
        VISIBLE:EXPORT skills are displayed. I encountered this working on the
        Loremasters Instant Mastery ability, I found that all the Survival
        sub-skill, while not now visible in the GUI, could be selected and ranks
        added this way.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback