Re: [pcgen] Re: [Bug] [Trackered] Skill Survival et all not working as should

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 31 , Dec 2, 2005
      > I don't like the idea of these sub-skills which are not skills at all but
      > circumstantial variations, the skills block is long enough already with
      all
      > the untrained skills before you start adding these type of variants.

      Heh. I know that one. I'd only want to see these truely as an option.

      > I would have less of a problem if we had the option to filter them out so
      > you could choose to include them on the OS or not the same way you can opt
      > to see untrained skills or not.

      The reason I haven't made them a priority. Something to look at in my spare
      time. Here's what I'm thinking. Code them so the RANKs are only in the
      main skill (VISIBLE:Export or something) and then add TYPE:Conditional. Set
      up a preference to only display Conditional skills if
      a) the preference is checked (Default OFF, because the lengthy skill listing
      would make this unweildy for those who don't want it, at least untill we get
      an outcry from users for it to be Default out of the box. For those using
      TEMP bonuses, they'd want it off....)
      AND
      b) the character has a different TOTAL in the conditional than the main
      skill - Like having the +4 bonus to Combat Casting from the feat

      What'cha think?

      Tir Gwaith
      LST Chimp
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 31 of 31 , Dec 20, 2005
        On 12/2/05 3:21 PM, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@...> wrote:

        > Here's what I'm thinking. Code them so the RANKs are only in the
        > main skill (VISIBLE:Export or something) and then add TYPE:Conditional. Set
        > up a preference to only display Conditional skills if
        > a) the preference is checked (Default OFF, because the lengthy skill listing
        > would make this unweildy for those who don't want it, at least untill we get
        > an outcry from users for it to be Default out of the box. For those using
        > TEMP bonuses, they'd want it off....)
        > AND
        > b) the character has a different TOTAL in the conditional than the main
        > skill - Like having the +4 bonus to Combat Casting from the feat

        I run across another problem with this implementation yesterday.

        If you are adding a feat that allows a choice of skills for whatever reason
        VISIBLE:EXPORT skills are displayed. I encountered this working on the
        Loremasters Instant Mastery ability, I found that all the Survival
        sub-skill, while not now visible in the GUI, could be selected and ranks
        added this way.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback