Re: [pcgen] [BUG][DOCS] [Trackered] CHOOSE:NOCHOICE

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 1, 2005
      boomer70 scribed:

      > You should probably add that for a "nested" choice the
      > choice also doesn't show up.
      >
      > For example a if you have a feat Feat X that has an
      > ADD:FEAT(Feat Y) and Feat X has a CHOOSE normally it
      > will appear as
      > Feat X(Feat Y) in the chooser. With this option it
      > will show up as Feat Y.

      Will do, thanks for unearthing this gem :-)

      >> Eddy Anthony scribed:
      >>
      >>> [ 1371400 ] Document CHOOSE:NOCHOICE tag
      >>>

      > <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1371400&group_id=2
      >>> 5576&atid=748235>
      >>
      >> And here it is:
      >>
      >> *** New 5.9.4
      >> Tag Name: CHOOSE:NOCHOICE
      >>
      >> What it does:
      >> This CHOOSE tag will NOT produce a pop up window.
      >> This is useful in feats
      >> which use MULT:YES to allow them to be selected
      >> multiple times. A feat with
      >> this tag will simply be added to the character
      >> without a chooser window,
      >> after the first time it is added a (x2), (x3) etc.
      >> will be displayed
      >> indicating how many times the feat was chosen.
      >>
      >> Example:
      >> CHOOSE:NOCHOICE
      >> The feat is added without a chooser window.
      >>
      >> --
      >> ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      >> ~ PCGen Content Silverback
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 1, 2005
        Found a little bug with this, a feat with this can be selected an unlimited
        number of times, once the feat pool reaches 0 additional selections push the
        pool into negative numbers and does not prevent the feat from being added as
        it should.

        > Eddy Anthony scribed:
        >
        >> [ 1371400 ] Document CHOOSE:NOCHOICE tag
        >> <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1371400&group_id=2
        >> 5576&atid=748235>
        >
        > And here it is:
        >
        > *** New 5.9.4
        > Tag Name: CHOOSE:NOCHOICE
        >
        > What it does:
        > This CHOOSE tag will NOT produce a pop up window. This is useful in feats
        > which use MULT:YES to allow them to be selected multiple times. A feat with
        > this tag will simply be added to the character without a chooser window,
        > after the first time it is added a (x2), (x3) etc. will be displayed
        > indicating how many times the feat was chosen.
        >
        > Example:
        > CHOOSE:NOCHOICE
        > The feat is added without a chooser window.

        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback
      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 1, 2005
          Something to consider (minor possibility) PREFEAT:1,Toughness(+3 HP)
          wouldn't work after that change for someone that does what you did...
          Not too big a possibility, but something to consider.... I don't think
          it will effect many, if any at all...

          Tir Gwaith
          LST Chimp

          > Closed PCGen and changed Toughness to use CHOOSE:NOCHOICE
          >
          > When I reopended the PC the character still has the feat exactly as
          before
          > with the +3 HP,+3 HP next to it in the feat pane. He also has the hit
          > points. When I remove the feat there is no chooser window the +3 HP
          just
          > goes away one at a time. When added back I get (x2) thereafter.
          >
          > So no breakage that I can see.
        • karianna03
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 2, 2005
            Hi all,

            > Ok, now we have another walkthrough of CHOOSE to implement this nice
            > feature. I wonder how long that's been there....

            And _this_ is the reason we need to finish off all of our existing doc
            bugs and freqs (We're starting to get through them, but I need more
            volunteers) and be vigilant when we create new ones....

            Karianna