Re: [pcgen] [BUG][DOCS] [Trackered] CHOOSE:NOCHOICE

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 1, 2005
      Barak scribed:

      > Apparently the above is a toggle in the code that you can put in when you
      > have to have MULT:YES but don't want the hassle of an extra chooser popping
      > up.
      >
      > Thanks to boomer for finding it while on a bug hunt for me.
      >
      > Barak

      Trackered for the docs:

      [ 1371400 ] Document CHOOSE:NOCHOICE tag
      <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1371400&group_id=2
      5576&atid=748235>
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 1, 2005
        Eddy Anthony scribed:

        > [ 1371400 ] Document CHOOSE:NOCHOICE tag
        > <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1371400&group_id=2
        > 5576&atid=748235>

        And here it is:

        *** New 5.9.4
        Tag Name: CHOOSE:NOCHOICE

        What it does:
        This CHOOSE tag will NOT produce a pop up window. This is useful in feats
        which use MULT:YES to allow them to be selected multiple times. A feat with
        this tag will simply be added to the character without a chooser window,
        after the first time it is added a (x2), (x3) etc. will be displayed
        indicating how many times the feat was chosen.

        Example:
        CHOOSE:NOCHOICE
        The feat is added without a chooser window.

        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 1, 2005
          You should probably add that for a "nested" choice the
          choice also doesn't show up.

          For example a if you have a feat Feat X that has an
          ADD:FEAT(Feat Y) and Feat X has a CHOOSE normally it
          will appear as
          Feat X(Feat Y) in the chooser. With this option it
          will show up as Feat Y.

          --- Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:

          > Eddy Anthony scribed:
          >
          > > [ 1371400 ] Document CHOOSE:NOCHOICE tag

          <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1371400&group_id=2
          > > 5576&atid=748235>
          >
          > And here it is:
          >
          > *** New 5.9.4
          > Tag Name: CHOOSE:NOCHOICE
          >
          > What it does:
          > This CHOOSE tag will NOT produce a pop up window.
          > This is useful in feats
          > which use MULT:YES to allow them to be selected
          > multiple times. A feat with
          > this tag will simply be added to the character
          > without a chooser window,
          > after the first time it is added a (x2), (x3) etc.
          > will be displayed
          > indicating how many times the feat was chosen.
          >
          > Example:
          > CHOOSE:NOCHOICE
          > The feat is added without a chooser window.
          >
          > --
          > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          > ~ PCGen Content Silverback

          Just $16.99/mo. or less.
          dsl.yahoo.com
        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 1, 2005
            boomer70 scribed:

            > You should probably add that for a "nested" choice the
            > choice also doesn't show up.
            >
            > For example a if you have a feat Feat X that has an
            > ADD:FEAT(Feat Y) and Feat X has a CHOOSE normally it
            > will appear as
            > Feat X(Feat Y) in the chooser. With this option it
            > will show up as Feat Y.

            Will do, thanks for unearthing this gem :-)

            >> Eddy Anthony scribed:
            >>
            >>> [ 1371400 ] Document CHOOSE:NOCHOICE tag
            >>>

            > <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1371400&group_id=2
            >>> 5576&atid=748235>
            >>
            >> And here it is:
            >>
            >> *** New 5.9.4
            >> Tag Name: CHOOSE:NOCHOICE
            >>
            >> What it does:
            >> This CHOOSE tag will NOT produce a pop up window.
            >> This is useful in feats
            >> which use MULT:YES to allow them to be selected
            >> multiple times. A feat with
            >> this tag will simply be added to the character
            >> without a chooser window,
            >> after the first time it is added a (x2), (x3) etc.
            >> will be displayed
            >> indicating how many times the feat was chosen.
            >>
            >> Example:
            >> CHOOSE:NOCHOICE
            >> The feat is added without a chooser window.
            >>
            >> --
            >> ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            >> ~ PCGen Content Silverback
          • Eddy Anthony
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 1, 2005
              Found a little bug with this, a feat with this can be selected an unlimited
              number of times, once the feat pool reaches 0 additional selections push the
              pool into negative numbers and does not prevent the feat from being added as
              it should.

              > Eddy Anthony scribed:
              >
              >> [ 1371400 ] Document CHOOSE:NOCHOICE tag
              >> <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1371400&group_id=2
              >> 5576&atid=748235>
              >
              > And here it is:
              >
              > *** New 5.9.4
              > Tag Name: CHOOSE:NOCHOICE
              >
              > What it does:
              > This CHOOSE tag will NOT produce a pop up window. This is useful in feats
              > which use MULT:YES to allow them to be selected multiple times. A feat with
              > this tag will simply be added to the character without a chooser window,
              > after the first time it is added a (x2), (x3) etc. will be displayed
              > indicating how many times the feat was chosen.
              >
              > Example:
              > CHOOSE:NOCHOICE
              > The feat is added without a chooser window.

              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              ~ PCGen Content Silverback
            • Tir Gwaith
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 1, 2005
                Something to consider (minor possibility) PREFEAT:1,Toughness(+3 HP)
                wouldn't work after that change for someone that does what you did...
                Not too big a possibility, but something to consider.... I don't think
                it will effect many, if any at all...

                Tir Gwaith
                LST Chimp

                > Closed PCGen and changed Toughness to use CHOOSE:NOCHOICE
                >
                > When I reopended the PC the character still has the feat exactly as
                before
                > with the +3 HP,+3 HP next to it in the feat pane. He also has the hit
                > points. When I remove the feat there is no chooser window the +3 HP
                just
                > goes away one at a time. When added back I get (x2) thereafter.
                >
                > So no breakage that I can see.
              • karianna03
                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 2, 2005
                  Hi all,

                  > Ok, now we have another walkthrough of CHOOSE to implement this nice
                  > feature. I wonder how long that's been there....

                  And _this_ is the reason we need to finish off all of our existing doc
                  bugs and freqs (We're starting to get through them, but I need more
                  volunteers) and be vigilant when we create new ones....

                  Karianna