Re: [Bug] [Trackered] Skill Survival et all not working as should

  • ovka
    Message 1 of 31 , Dec 1, 2005
      >I probably sound like a broken record but we could do these as
      >temporary
      >bonuses. We set up a template for each environment and you simply
      >apply it
      >if you happen to be in said environment, that way it is no problem if
      >more
      >than one apply, they would all just add on to the Survival skill.

      That works for those cases when you know up front what environment(s)
      you will be adventuring in, or if you game with a laptop. I like
      having the bonuses show up as SA's when the temp bonuses aren't
      applied, though.

      Cheers,

      Sir George Anonymous
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 31 of 31 , Dec 20, 2005
        On 12/2/05 3:21 PM, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@...> wrote:

        > Here's what I'm thinking. Code them so the RANKs are only in the
        > main skill (VISIBLE:Export or something) and then add TYPE:Conditional. Set
        > up a preference to only display Conditional skills if
        > a) the preference is checked (Default OFF, because the lengthy skill listing
        > would make this unweildy for those who don't want it, at least untill we get
        > an outcry from users for it to be Default out of the box. For those using
        > TEMP bonuses, they'd want it off....)
        > AND
        > b) the character has a different TOTAL in the conditional than the main
        > skill - Like having the +4 bonus to Combat Casting from the feat

        I run across another problem with this implementation yesterday.

        If you are adding a feat that allows a choice of skills for whatever reason
        VISIBLE:EXPORT skills are displayed. I encountered this working on the
        Loremasters Instant Mastery ability, I found that all the Survival
        sub-skill, while not now visible in the GUI, could be selected and ranks
        added this way.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback