Re: [pcgen] [BUG][DOCS] CHOOSE:NOCHOICE

  • Eric Beaudoin
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 1, 2005
      At 18:27 2005.12.01, Tir Gwaith wrote:
      >> Apparently the above is a toggle in the code that you can put in when you
      >> have to have MULT:YES but don't want the hassle of an extra chooser
      >popping
      >> up.
      >
      >KICK ASS!!! I wish I'd thought of that. :)
      >
      >> Thanks to boomer for finding it while on a bug hunt for me.
      >
      >Kewl.
      >
      >Ok, now we have another walkthrough of CHOOSE to implement this nice
      >feature. I wonder how long that's been there....
      >
      >Tir Gwaith
      >LST Chimp

      Just wondering but if CHOOSE:NOCHOICE becomes the default value for CHOOSE when none other are given, that would mean that MULT:YES could be used alone on a line... This looks like a syntax that is a work around for bug in PCGen.

      Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
      Release Monkey and Syntax Watchdog
      >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
      <mailto:beaudoer@...>
    • Stefan Radermacher
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 1, 2005
        Tir Gwaith wrote:

        > Ok, now we have another walkthrough of CHOOSE to implement this nice
        > feature. I wonder how long that's been there....

        Will changing the Toughness feat with this tag break existing
        characters?

        Stefan.
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 1, 2005
          Stefan Radermacher scribed:

          >> Ok, now we have another walkthrough of CHOOSE to implement this nice
          >> feature. I wonder how long that's been there....
          >
          > Will changing the Toughness feat with this tag break existing
          > characters?

          Lets find out *goes to play with the LST*

          Apparently not, made a commoner and added Toughness twice and saved him.

          Closed PCGen and changed Toughness to use CHOOSE:NOCHOICE

          When I reopended the PC the character still has the feat exactly as before
          with the +3 HP,+3 HP next to it in the feat pane. He also has the hit
          points. When I remove the feat there is no chooser window the +3 HP just
          goes away one at a time. When added back I get (x2) thereafter.

          So no breakage that I can see.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Content Silverback
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 1, 2005
            Barak scribed:

            > Apparently the above is a toggle in the code that you can put in when you
            > have to have MULT:YES but don't want the hassle of an extra chooser popping
            > up.
            >
            > Thanks to boomer for finding it while on a bug hunt for me.
            >
            > Barak

            Trackered for the docs:

            [ 1371400 ] Document CHOOSE:NOCHOICE tag
            <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1371400&group_id=2
            5576&atid=748235>
            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            ~ PCGen Content Silverback
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 1, 2005
              Eddy Anthony scribed:

              > [ 1371400 ] Document CHOOSE:NOCHOICE tag
              > <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1371400&group_id=2
              > 5576&atid=748235>

              And here it is:

              *** New 5.9.4
              Tag Name: CHOOSE:NOCHOICE

              What it does:
              This CHOOSE tag will NOT produce a pop up window. This is useful in feats
              which use MULT:YES to allow them to be selected multiple times. A feat with
              this tag will simply be added to the character without a chooser window,
              after the first time it is added a (x2), (x3) etc. will be displayed
              indicating how many times the feat was chosen.

              Example:
              CHOOSE:NOCHOICE
              The feat is added without a chooser window.

              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              ~ PCGen Content Silverback
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 1, 2005
                You should probably add that for a "nested" choice the
                choice also doesn't show up.

                For example a if you have a feat Feat X that has an
                ADD:FEAT(Feat Y) and Feat X has a CHOOSE normally it
                will appear as
                Feat X(Feat Y) in the chooser. With this option it
                will show up as Feat Y.

                --- Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:

                > Eddy Anthony scribed:
                >
                > > [ 1371400 ] Document CHOOSE:NOCHOICE tag

                <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1371400&group_id=2
                > > 5576&atid=748235>
                >
                > And here it is:
                >
                > *** New 5.9.4
                > Tag Name: CHOOSE:NOCHOICE
                >
                > What it does:
                > This CHOOSE tag will NOT produce a pop up window.
                > This is useful in feats
                > which use MULT:YES to allow them to be selected
                > multiple times. A feat with
                > this tag will simply be added to the character
                > without a chooser window,
                > after the first time it is added a (x2), (x3) etc.
                > will be displayed
                > indicating how many times the feat was chosen.
                >
                > Example:
                > CHOOSE:NOCHOICE
                > The feat is added without a chooser window.
                >
                > --
                > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                > ~ PCGen Content Silverback

                Just $16.99/mo. or less.
                dsl.yahoo.com
              • Eddy Anthony
                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 1, 2005
                  boomer70 scribed:

                  > You should probably add that for a "nested" choice the
                  > choice also doesn't show up.
                  >
                  > For example a if you have a feat Feat X that has an
                  > ADD:FEAT(Feat Y) and Feat X has a CHOOSE normally it
                  > will appear as
                  > Feat X(Feat Y) in the chooser. With this option it
                  > will show up as Feat Y.

                  Will do, thanks for unearthing this gem :-)

                  >> Eddy Anthony scribed:
                  >>
                  >>> [ 1371400 ] Document CHOOSE:NOCHOICE tag
                  >>>

                  > <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1371400&group_id=2
                  >>> 5576&atid=748235>
                  >>
                  >> And here it is:
                  >>
                  >> *** New 5.9.4
                  >> Tag Name: CHOOSE:NOCHOICE
                  >>
                  >> What it does:
                  >> This CHOOSE tag will NOT produce a pop up window.
                  >> This is useful in feats
                  >> which use MULT:YES to allow them to be selected
                  >> multiple times. A feat with
                  >> this tag will simply be added to the character
                  >> without a chooser window,
                  >> after the first time it is added a (x2), (x3) etc.
                  >> will be displayed
                  >> indicating how many times the feat was chosen.
                  >>
                  >> Example:
                  >> CHOOSE:NOCHOICE
                  >> The feat is added without a chooser window.
                  >>
                  >> --
                  >> ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                  >> ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                • Eddy Anthony
                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 1, 2005
                    Found a little bug with this, a feat with this can be selected an unlimited
                    number of times, once the feat pool reaches 0 additional selections push the
                    pool into negative numbers and does not prevent the feat from being added as
                    it should.

                    > Eddy Anthony scribed:
                    >
                    >> [ 1371400 ] Document CHOOSE:NOCHOICE tag
                    >> <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1371400&group_id=2
                    >> 5576&atid=748235>
                    >
                    > And here it is:
                    >
                    > *** New 5.9.4
                    > Tag Name: CHOOSE:NOCHOICE
                    >
                    > What it does:
                    > This CHOOSE tag will NOT produce a pop up window. This is useful in feats
                    > which use MULT:YES to allow them to be selected multiple times. A feat with
                    > this tag will simply be added to the character without a chooser window,
                    > after the first time it is added a (x2), (x3) etc. will be displayed
                    > indicating how many times the feat was chosen.
                    >
                    > Example:
                    > CHOOSE:NOCHOICE
                    > The feat is added without a chooser window.

                    --
                    ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                    ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                  • Tir Gwaith
                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 1, 2005
                      Something to consider (minor possibility) PREFEAT:1,Toughness(+3 HP)
                      wouldn't work after that change for someone that does what you did...
                      Not too big a possibility, but something to consider.... I don't think
                      it will effect many, if any at all...

                      Tir Gwaith
                      LST Chimp

                      > Closed PCGen and changed Toughness to use CHOOSE:NOCHOICE
                      >
                      > When I reopended the PC the character still has the feat exactly as
                      before
                      > with the +3 HP,+3 HP next to it in the feat pane. He also has the hit
                      > points. When I remove the feat there is no chooser window the +3 HP
                      just
                      > goes away one at a time. When added back I get (x2) thereafter.
                      >
                      > So no breakage that I can see.
                    • karianna03
                      Message 10 of 14 , Dec 2, 2005
                        Hi all,

                        > Ok, now we have another walkthrough of CHOOSE to implement this nice
                        > feature. I wonder how long that's been there....

                        And _this_ is the reason we need to finish off all of our existing doc
                        bugs and freqs (We're starting to get through them, but I need more
                        volunteers) and be vigilant when we create new ones....

                        Karianna