skill synergies (was RE: [pcgen] Re: [Bug] [Trackered] Skill Survival et all not working as should)

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 31 , Nov 30, 2005
      In the RSRD, synergy bonuses are unnamed, and therefore stack.

      In the SRD, they are named bonuses. In the skills files, it states the synergy bonuses stack.

      Paul W. King
      OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon

      Message 31 of 31 , Dec 20, 2005
        On 12/2/05 3:21 PM, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@...> wrote:

        > Here's what I'm thinking. Code them so the RANKs are only in the
        > main skill (VISIBLE:Export or something) and then add TYPE:Conditional. Set
        > up a preference to only display Conditional skills if
        > a) the preference is checked (Default OFF, because the lengthy skill listing
        > would make this unweildy for those who don't want it, at least untill we get
        > an outcry from users for it to be Default out of the box. For those using
        > TEMP bonuses, they'd want it off....)
        > AND
        > b) the character has a different TOTAL in the conditional than the main
        > skill - Like having the +4 bonus to Combat Casting from the feat

        I run across another problem with this implementation yesterday.

        If you are adding a feat that allows a choice of skills for whatever reason
        VISIBLE:EXPORT skills are displayed. I encountered this working on the
        Loremasters Instant Mastery ability, I found that all the Survival
        sub-skill, while not now visible in the GUI, could be selected and ranks
        added this way.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback